Trade Chat is Incredibly Toxic Tonight

I don’t slum in /trade, but I’ve not noticed anything in /general chat tonight in ZM that was out of the ordinary. No frenzy of snark in Oribos, either.

Plenty of people just playing the game.

Except in Revendreth, but that’s not the social contract’s fault. It’s Revendreth and no one hangs with the vampires.

What a sensible and reasonable take

1 Like

Wow, that’s really shocking. Like, I’m super surprised that’s happening. I could never have imagined this would happen, would never have seen such a thing coming. This absolutely hits me out of left field, I mean I’m absolutely shook, flabbergasted, bamboozled, mentally marred, fandangled even!

3 Likes

Antisocial people are triggered after having seen that the updated terms of service they were being asked to accept is now titled “Social contract”. They don’t see themselves as being part of society.

I’m hoping the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs makes a return visit.

5 Likes

It’s always been annoying. That’s why I keep it turned off.

It’ll simmer down once people get over it. maybe it will even get better if Blizzard decides to start cracking down.

I really don’t get this.

The social contract is just rephrasing the same ToS we’ve always had. It’s nothing new, nothing has changed. If you weren’t getting banned before today, you probably won’t be banned going foward.

This poutrage is nothing more than edgelords being edgelords.

3 Likes

report report report, if it bothers you.

the community polices itself

Had to turn off SWTOR’s general chat.

It’s 24 “Lets Go Brandon” vs “Donald Trump sucks” now.

That was to be expected. There is always resistance when they want to pass things like this and either they will crush the resistance or WoW trade chat will turn into total chaos.

65 million years later, Earth is populated by an advanced civilization of octopus.

:octopus:

6 Likes

Social contract mods don’t exist. It was a reminder to not be a jerk. I doubt a single person changes their behavior because it’s a suggestion even if the word “contract” is used.

I mean……It’s their game so yeah……they can.

6 Likes

When the bans happen, and they will happen if it can in any way adversely affect the Microsoft purchase of the company… All we need to remember is this: Nothing of value was lost.

You must be an Elon fan with that logic

You can always tell how free a society is based on the types of rules that exist.

The idea of “hate speech” is a threat to everyone, including the people who think it’s a good idea to censor others.

5 Likes

It’s like you looked into my soul. You know me so well.

It’s Blizz’s property, they can control whatever they want.

Not hard to grasp that concept.

8 Likes

Yeah… someday they will come for you, too. That is a given.

4 Likes

You’re in their house. Of course they have the power to control us.

How’d you like it if you invited me into your home and then I just started disrespecting you and being a complete jerk on your property? You’d kick me out right?

Blizzard’s no different. Their house, their rules.

The door ------------->

10 Likes