Trade Chat is Incredibly Toxic Tonight

I was just bullied through these new social construct rules and mass reported by a group of neoliberals for not wearing a mask. This game is fun

4 Likes

i even got say and whisper off…lol.

so what? Do a /leave trade. Very few are using it properly anyway.

I turned off trade chat years ago and I have not regretted my decision.

8 Likes

Report them. Let see if Blizz walks the walk after talking the talk.

8 Likes

Social Contract is confusing because… isn’t that what the ToS is?

3 Likes

love the over-use of “Toxic.”

1 Like

Good, the contract is actually stupid. Extremely vague non-sense.

19 Likes

Hahahaha, wait. people have characters that haven’t left trade chat yet?

3 Likes

Must be a US thing, it’s pretty decent on my Aussie Server. (At the moment!)

Sometimes when I log onto a US server I’m astounded by how nasty some of the players in Trade are. It seems beyond toxic, and stepping into illegal verbal assault.

Social Contract Mods will have a lot of work to do.

3 Likes

Guess the agreement was not enough GG BLizz

you tell people not to do something they do the oposite i dont see how people havent realized that about human nature.

2 Likes

I thought that was more children’s behaviour. It’s been a long time since I was obstinate and contentious like that, ha.

2 Likes

They want to go out in a blaze of glory.

Report and give them what they want.

3 Likes

You gain 10% more IQ when you leave trade chat.

Edgy 30-somethings and tidepod-snacking zoomers are the ones making a ruckus. Just let them tire themselves out. They’ll move on to the next thing in a week.

1 Like

@Humanbeak, yeah, it’s just a false reporting frenzy out there as trade chatters/general public go nuts mindlessly mashing the “report” button to troll or just for giggles (but not for it’s intended purpose of toxic players)

The funny part is, they’re openly bragging about it in the chat, they’re literally bragging about filing false reports just to troll other trade-chatters in the chatbox :joy:

Right now I’m keeping an eye on the constantly-scrolling trade chat in the background ( :popcorn: ), and it’s just a steady “waterfall” of hostile/toxic comments and “reported” one-liners… it definitely doesn’t look like a nice/welcoming place like Blizzard intended :thinking:

You’re not Humanbeak.

What did you do with Humanbeak?

Don’t worry, HB, we’ll rescue you!

Unless she ate you. Then we’re too late.

But we will avenge you!!!

These new woke rules ended up causing more trouble in chat … ugh I wish there was some way we could have seen that coming

6 Likes

I mean, they absolutely could (see FF14) they just don’t want to because bans cost them money.

1 Like

I tried to write a thoughtful response, but couldn’t.