Trade Chat is Incredibly Toxic Tonight

Dunno, I’m not in the market for a carry myself. I don’t raid either.

Last I heard (second-hand “thru the grapevine” from a friend) it was going for 500-600k, but again, I’m not really asking around for it/don’t really care yet. That was also like back in April, so it’s probably down since then.

1 Like

Perhaps that became the plan when Soros invested 50mil into activision-blizzard a while back?

2 Likes

OP,
Two questions:

1. Did you report them?
    and
  2. How many of them did you do your best to make friends with?

thats odd i logged on and i see…crickets.

Is your server dead or low pop?

Most of the “big” servers are reporting (no pun intended) the same ongoing troll-fiesta in the trade chat :joy:

logged onto borean tundra high population…trade chat is basically dead. saw one person on there. what servers are these?

I mean, if even boosters aren’t interested in posting ads/spamming on your server then it’s probably pretty safe to say it’s not a high pop server…

EDIT: just ran a quick Google search on this Borean Tundra server (had never heard of it), here is what came up from the top few search results:

Just as there is a genetic and learned behavior towards danger (fight, flight and freeze) there are differences in the way people act to authority.

The act of rebellion against being told what to do is called psychological reactance.

And while in some sense we can see it as a problem its also what causes people to stand up and rebel against their government in cases like Germany in WWII. Its important for humans as a species (because we are so social) to have individuals across the entire spectrum.

I tend to tell anyone who tells me to do something (far different than asking) to sod off, and the more they require it the more likely I am to engage in the behavior just to prove a point. I am this way because as a child I was accused of many things I didn’t do by police. My family was taken from me and put into several foster homes without asking me (by than I was the care taker.) And the abuse suffered from both my biological parents and most foster homes I was placed in. This has left me with a major distrust of anyone who says I must do something.

Anyway I hope I cleared that up a bit.

2 Likes

Especially funny when you get so high lvl that you can just one shot the Black Knight…

1 Like

What social contract?

The one sticking out of the ground in Silithus.

1 Like

Good. The current purple haired woke crew at Blizzard is ravaging the game. There has never been a lower amount of respect for Blizzard than right now.

3 Likes

yeah blizzards saying the same thing…

1 Like

the official server list says its high population. i mean this is coming directly from blizzards datacenter…

It doesn’t have to be an insult to be negative.

Distilling dozens of cultures and ethnic groups down to a single skintone - thanks to hundreds of years of colonization and enslavement - is cultural erasure.

Incels might be geeks or nerds (seeing as all the “pill” nonsense is referencing The Matrix)

All geeks or nerds are not incels. Any nerd or geek with any self-awareness would run screaming from it if they didn’t truly think it applied to them.

Every “black piller” is an incel.

Again, they are SELF-IDENTIFYING AS SUCH.

As an example, Reddit used to have a 40,000-strong subreddit of self-identified incels. The group was called r/Incels. It was shut down by Reddit because of its content. The shutdown made the New York Times, which shared some of the content produced in the subreddit.

Reddit Bans ‘Incel’ Group for Inciting Violence Against Women - The New York Times (archive.org)

Other Reddit groups persist, as do sites like Incels.is (which I visited briefly and features topics like “Besides [word that rhymes with “corn”], name a single thing women have contributed positive to your world.” Incels.is has 16,000 registered members.)

No, just describing what incels actually do, as seen on the links posted above, and occasionally as seen in WoW chat channels when one of them goes on a sexist rant.

Yeah, people wanting respect and to maybe not be murdered or (like my uncle) to not be subjected to involuntary electroshock therapy to cure their “urges,” are TOTALLY the same as a bunch of angry virgins upset that nobody wants to sleep with them, some of whom occasionally go on killing sprees.

And that’s the last of the energy I’m going to waste on you and your desire to stick up for incels. Pick a different team to support.

Behold the toxic problematic report system in action, thanks for “reporting” those you think are the problem when it’s most likely you doing it.

And I quote: “You think you do but you don’t

2 Likes

So you’re going to report them so more alliance players get banned, right?

The social contract is just that - a contract.
Report anything you come across, it forwards that information to a CSM and they will determine if the contract has been violated.

As strange as this sounds, it is a good thing that there is an influx of people breaking the contract because it helps us report the people most likely to act out in bad faith and will clean out the chat a lot more stringently.

1 Like

You don’t get those if the reports are found to be not true. It means they was looked at and they agreed with the report. It’s time there was accountability for ones behavior, and it’s quite satisfying to see some of you squirm.

1 Like

I agree with you. well said.