Trade Chat is Incredibly Toxic Tonight

I reported everyone that ignored me in trade chat last night when I asked to be assisted to kill Jailer on mythic without a guild. Not cool, guys. You signed the contract.

2 Likes

Anyway, good luck defending them “insert other minority group”

Does that make you feel better? Now you can include any sexuality or skin color you personally dislike too

3 Likes

That is good, we should encourage people to be nice. The problem is the social contract is basically an edict. Edicts by design are meant to enforce a standard thus demanding compliance.
We can realistically only succeed in encouraging good behavior in person, never from a distance. We have to engage with other players to build good relationships. That is the only way it ever works.

3 Likes

Nope, just hate their horrible attitudes and how they treat people

But you keep throwing out racism card somehow

1 Like

peeks in thread and scrolls down.

ahh an incel defender. GJ GD

2 Likes

“We don’t need to be told how to behave!”

(Ends up with a total dumpster fire of a thread.)

1 Like

Yeah, this thread had a point once, with decent commentary, it has totally imploded on itself.

That sounds like hate speech to me. Isn’t this exactly what Blizz is trying to prevent?

2 Likes

See Blizzard this is why your social contract is a failure.

It doesnt try to promote kindness.
It doesnt try to promote fairness.
It doesnt promote the idea that people should be decent to each other.

It punishes one tribe at the expense of another.
It even allows them to gloat while breaking the both the rules and the spirit of the contract.

This contract literally is a way to punish people this poster’s tribe doesnt like - thats it

6 Likes

He gets to spew all the hate he wants cause he is on the “right side.” Funny how that works huh?

Yes. In this thread we have a group of people calmly and logically calling out why the “contract” is a bad idea. And we have another group calling people names, accusing them of having every -ism and being every -ist in the book and basically gaslighting the whole thread.

8 Likes

And I get in trouble for mentioning carnival food preferences…

3 Likes

I just made a chat tab specifically for general, trade and local defense, and set it so only those three things show there, and those three things don’t show on any other tab.

That way if I need something from one of those channels or for some reason I want to look at trade (hasn’t happened since they made trade chat work across cities), I can go to that tab (did the same for guild/whispers, so have a tab to see if I might have missed anything just for those)

Convenient as seeing them is a click away, and don’t need to use commands to join or leave, or miss things while not on them.

2 Likes

Yes, citing bad behavior from people who don’t like the social contract.

Congrats on your self-fulfilling prophecy.

Team No Social Contract literally has a guy trying to explain the “N” word didn’t used to be so bad (which is wrong, because he’s confusing two different words, easily distinguished by their origins and the fact that one is almost exclusively used as an adverb and the other is almost exclusively used as a noun). That’s “logical” and “calm” is it?

1 Like

Ah cool, I didn’t realize that just because I agree with someone on one thing, I agree with everything they believe too. Thanks for informing me of my beliefs.

4 Likes

Good!

Just bc the woke “play nice children” garbo is pushed on us doesnt mean its going to magically change things.

We are not sheep…

4 Likes

One, I am not on team No Social Contract because I like it when its like FFXIV.

Two, I wasnt arguining saying that word wasn’t bad - I was arguiing that evil people can distort something into something bad. Dont be disingenuous.

Third, out of al my posts, you refuse to stand of for a marginalized group because it doesnt push your agenda. Thats why I have been calling out the tribalism.

Every bit of this has been tribalistic.

FFXIV doesnt do this, so why does WoW? Can WoW not get away from factions and PvP long enough to EVER just do the right thing or will they always have an us vs them mentality like you appear to?

2 Likes

What a hilarious misrepresentation of free speech and the violation of rights, ie your right to treat other people badly.

Actually no. Freedom from governmental interference is the right thing to do.

Hate speech laws exist to protect the marginalized from your predation, harassment, and incitement to others to treat them badly. These laws are rarely applied and only in conjunction with other crimes.

Nope. A lie. Again, if you have chosen to viciously assault an old lady of color while screaming at her about her race and nationality, you will also be charged with hate speech. And you will deserve that.

Laws against hate speech are there to protect the marginalized.

Danged slippery slope, they’re coming to take you away after you scream in some little dark-skinned kid’s face on his way to school.

Just leave chat :person_shrugging:
Let in game chat rot into nothingness

2 Likes

Hey. I’m super liberal. But, the woke liberals can be hardcore bullies. I know none of them like to think so, but they can be just as rigid in their inflexible thinking and behavior as super far right folks.

6 Likes

That’s kinda funny.