Toxicity within the gaming/twitch sphere

Wasn’t there something about a vacation.

2 Likes

Stopped reading right there.

Look man, I don’t care who you’re simping for in this post but just stop.

3 Likes

Also, there’s a whole section called “just chatting” that features a lot of women in bikinis sitting in hot tubs just trying not to be obvious about it while moving around and subtly posing.

On a website that started as video game streaming.

2 Likes

so if they’re in ‘just chatting’ but the content is not the chatting…do they technically break server rules?

Is she a wow streamer?

Twitch is to blame for alot of the poor behavior that occurs on the platform, nothing surprises me about Twitch anymore.

1 Like

What’s your point? That you’re a dirty old man who watches cam girls and likes to creep out women who want nothing to do with you?

the amount of gross R apologist stuff in this thread. and the fact that being respectful of women is seen as being a simp… just… :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

1 Like

not you. reread the thread and look for posts that are essentially “if you are attractive and not in a potato sack you’re asking for it” esque comments.

2 Likes

But all you’ve done is explain how some women on twitch are baring themselves in order to make money. I thought we were talking about men being abusive and toxic to them.

there’s a lot that go into it. the women who do that on twitch shouldn’t be allowed to do it. it’s a gaming platform not onlyfans. i am 100% in support of sex workers being able to work without harassment but these twitch women are not using the proper place to do it.

2 Likes

I agree with this. Seems twitch has some serious problems.

1 Like

I’m not accusing you, I was asking you because I’m having trouble understanding what you’re getting at exactly.

1 Like

Twitch doesnt do enough to stop bad behaviour on their platform.

The chat of most streamers rooms are an unmitigated mess. Think the type of people to shout the N word in all caps in trade chat until they get banned.

Asmongold has said he has problems with his chat, constantly, and he’s tried to stop it.

2 Likes

unfortunately it’s a culture problem. it’s not going to change as long as Gamer™ Culture revolves primarily around memes and being edgy (with actually playing games being basically optional at this point)

1 Like

i only have a twitch account at all cuz amazon owns it and i connected it to my amazon account and get free stuff for games/free games from prime gaming. there doesn’t seem to be a reason to have it, otherwise. essentially every horrible drama on the forums is because of twitch or youtube.

1 Like

Not sure how to go about fixing social outcasts/incels. I think theyre the end result of something else.

Thankfully, when streamers start hitting 30+ or getting married they do seem to start cleaning things up, but it’s not really enough.

It’s obvious she’s not using it if she has to rely on twitch money.

1 Like

lots of people with masters degrees don’t make a lot of money. also true of phds, in fact!

1 Like