Tool is the best band ever

worse live show i’ve been too

omg yes. That was an amazing cover!

2 Likes

If you had what me and my brother had that night, well, let’s just say it was like traveling at light-speed in space.

Swiss army knife. Mind changed yet?

Ahhh, the ol’ heroic dose…supplemented with Tool, nonetheless.

Carry on, sir.

2 Likes

The thing about their live show is this… they play all their songs exactly the same as their album with no deviations. I can understand why that might irk some…

But a reason for this is because these songs aren’t just anything you can improvise. They are carefully crafted pieces of art that require rehearsal and on the spot execution.

You can’t deviate too much there. But the MUSIC… is fantastic as always.

s**t-eating grin intensifies as eyes widen even more.

1 Like

Ok I MIGHT be willing concede that FI isn’t their absolute BEST album. But in the same breath I wouldn’t be able to tell you which one is. They’re all so different. You can’t compare a lot of them.

Yes Tool has gotten softer over time, so if hard metal is your thing, I can see why you wouldn’t be as into their newer stuff. But I’ve never listened to Tool just because they were another metal band. I listened to them for a ton of other reasons that are still true.

It’s not as hard anymore, but it’s every bit as good. There’s new stuff going on in this album that Tool hasn’t done before.

AND IT’S AWESOME!

this isnt about wow reported

God forbid we get a break from the crying!

1 Like

While I can say that their actual music is usually stellar… I avoid buying their CD’s since Lateralus came out (that was my last Tool) CD purchase ever.

Why?

Because I don’t want to purchase 18 tracks of disjointed noise next time round or whatever weird crap they put on.

I will on the other hand purchase individual tracks on itunes… Screw their CDs tho…

yea cant do that. if you dont complain about av on these forums youll get suspended

1 Like

Lynyrd Skynyrd. Don’t even need to argue because you’re wrong if you think otherwise.

2 Likes

Loosy has a point. The forums should be reserved for negativity and an abundance of salt only.

3 Likes

But that’s part of the listening experience duuuude!!!

Ok right on, if you like F.I. a lot, that’s cool and I’m glad you do.

But for me, F.I. is easily their worst album, by a huge margin.

And (to be fair, im no musician) I can hear a lot of the same stuff from 10000 days in F.I., same licks or hooks or whatever, but just way mellower.

There’s even one song where I’m thinking “OK, NOW, it’s about to take off”, and it just… doesn’t, and sorts ends.

But no biggie, and I’m glad you like it.

1 Like

Everything you wrote applies to Meshuggah only more so.

:cactus:

No one can change your mind, music is subjective and everyone interprets it differently.

I do not like Tool and while yes, a couple of them are very talented musicians, there are far more talented musicians out there. So no, they are not the best band ever. But since they’re your favorite band I can see how you’d be apt to say that.

1 Like

you missed out on my threads then. theyve all been taken down by blizz though

2 Likes

Freebird!

(Did I do it right?)

:wink:

1 Like