Tool is the best band ever

Change my mind!

• One of the few bands where every new album seems to actually get BETTER and not worse. Their creativity seems to just improve with age.
  • Danny Carey (drummer) is a genius.
  • Not only do they use weird time signatures, but some of these songs are in OVERLAPPING weird time signatures.
  • Guitar tones are unreal.
  • Bass groove is DA best.

Change my mind!!

5 Likes

I disagree, I’m not a fan but I can’t change your mind because music speaks to everyone differently. I’m a bass player, though, and I cannot deny that they have some solid groove.

4 Likes

You have failed to change my mind! But I commend you as a fellow musician!

3 Likes

Needle Nose vice grips are the best tool ever. Change my mind.

2 Likes

I cannot argue.

LIMIT downed Nzoth world first while Tool was playing in the background

2 Likes

Yassssssss!

/10char

They peaked at Lateralus but 10k / Fear were still really good.

1 Like

Leatherman. It’s every tool in one!

2 Likes

Lateralus was pure genius. That I can’t argue. But Fear Innoculum is honestly giving it a run. I’ve listened to this album like 40 times.

1 Like

I could have agreed before the release of their latest album. That was not a Tool-caliber album.

1 Like

Eminem is the G.O.A.T.

WUT

Go listen to Descending again. Then come back and apologize to me!

1 Like

Music is in the ear of the beholder therefore I can’t change your mind.

I’m not sure I have a best band but if I were to have to pick one it would be RUSH.

3 Likes

I prefer “Dikes”… aka Diagonal Cutters.

There are some nice parts of some of the tracks, I don’t deny that. But every track is sub-par and the album as a whole stinks in my opinion. Granted, it’s a very high bar they had set for themselves. Still one of the greatest bands ever.

Why I outta…

FLAGGED AS TROLLING
“This post is inflammatory, extraneous or upsetting.”

1 Like

Much, much too slow.

Listen to Our Hollow, Our Home, Silverstein, August Burns Red, Outline in Color. Get out of the radio “metal” world and get into some Post-Hardcore/ Metalcore. It’s the best.

I liked how some of Fear’s songs sounded like continuations of Schism and Jambi. It made me think that maybe they were sequals but there were some songs/intro noise I really disliked. If you listened to the newer APC album and Fear back to back they end up sounding very similar.

1 Like

Disagree! Tool’s musicianship and artistry is far superior on a whole!

Fast =/= difficult!

PS - I do like those bands though.