Tool is the best band ever

I listened to Tool a lot when I was much younger, late 90s, early 2000s. Once I was exposed to punk it was hard to go back to that slow of a pace.

I did listen to the new album though, just to check it out.

2 Likes

ewww what are you from the mid 2000’s

Yes I have come here on a time machine to get people back into From Autumn to Ashes. :wink:

1 Like

Parliament-Funkadelic

3 Likes

./agree

but this is a game forum, not reddit.

True but I thought ya’all could use a break from the constant negativity!

3 ring circus sideshow of freaks down in this hole we call LA

Y’all need to check out a group called Rhapsody of Fire. Symphonic power metal. Their first five albums were literally one big LOTR-style story. Their second five albums? ANOTHER LOTR-style story, except this time they brought in Sir Christopher Lee for voice work. Yes, you read that right.

1 Like

I compare it to the snoop dog effect.

Iconic member of their genre but the songs are just trash. I think it is far cooler to just wear the tool shirt than to buy the songs.

I thought this was just common knowledge that Tool is the best band?

A full brain transplant is a very delicate thing with virtually no chance of success. I’m willing to attempt it, I just need you to sign these consent forms and waivers first.

3 Likes

Two words

Dream theater

1 Like

Tool cultist are the worst.

ehh usually during pull, I have the theme song from “Andy Griffith” pretty nice.

1 Like

Neil Peart was a genius.

Danny is simply slightly above average.

2 Likes

At one point Tool was pretty much my favorite band.

The new album, though?

It strips out almost all of the hard stuff, which is a lot of what I liked Tool for.

I’ve got a hard time thinking anyone (but you’re an obvious exception!) who thinks Fear Inoculum (F.I.) is their best album.

(Because… You are saying each album is BETTER, and so by that logic, F.I. is their best, yes?)

P.S. I still do like Tool a lot, but I do not like the new album very much at all. It feels very derivative of the last one, but without most of the hard stuff. It’s way too chill out, in my opinion.

P.S.S. A different style, but Band Maid (from Japan) is very VERY good.

2 Likes

No Quarter (cover) by Tool on a heroic pyschonaut journey with my brother changed my life.

1 Like

oki doki …

agree to disagree

They are good but I wouldn’t put them in my top ten

The BFH is the best tool ever. When something doesn’t come off like it’s supposed to, you always reach for the BFH. Every mechanic has one, or several, and it is dear to them. It might even have a name.

For the uninitiated, the BFH is the “Big Freakin’ Hammer”. Except it’s not Freakin’