Too much friction on forums

Yeah no. IF some thing is done to make the forums “less toxic” it’d make more sense to have it so only people who are currently subbed can make posts or replies.

1 Like

Good God. Please do this. I don’t care about the opinions of people who literally don’t play the game.

5 Likes

You know, I think that I have a simpler solution than these arbitrary methods to block discussions:

Remove the Armory site

No item level, no gear, no achievements… nothing.
Don’t make that information available outside the game.

It probably wouldn’t stop everything, but it would greatly cut back on the “easy discrimination” detail which many are too keen to weaponize around here. Sure, there will be those who will claim they have advanced progress… but with no way to prove or disprove that, it would likely wither away. It would come down to how compelling their arguments are.

Go back to how the forums were originally – a generic character photo for the race & gender of the character and a small blurb about the level & class. For example: “Level 120 Tauren Warrior”. No more, no less.

1 Like

False.

Gold sellers were destroying the economy, because they were a much stronger force pre-token, they also were ruining the game by dominating farming locations. While it still happens, it is not nearly as prevalent now. If you were a vet as long as you claimed, you would know this. Or did you just never pay any attention before?

:heart:

2 Likes

Lol. You think people gatekeep with IO now, imagine when there is NOTHING ELSE.

LFM SNEK +10, IO 2300+

1 Like

WoW Tokens have been a huge boon and Blizzard makes more money as a result. I’d argue that what makes the game worse are people like you who try to dictate everything anyone “deemed lesser” can do. The holier than thou attitude of players like you is bad for the game. Far worse than tokens.

But, with that said;

Again though, it wasn’t an issue until your idol clamored on about it. (not at you Life, at OP)

2 Likes

Considering both this and the other thread are flagged and how you responded to people and considering this suggestion, this just sounds like you wanted it there for the express purposes of filtering out the people who disagreed with you and somehow think that high ilvl people will agree with you.

Well First off, don’t use a streamer to fill the void on why you think the game is Pay 2 win. He can be a reference point, but you have to explain yourself why you think the game is pay to win.

Second, use evidence that will lead to suggest that WoW is Pay to Win and link to your sources. Just outright saying or calling it “the truth” isn’t enough. You actually have to try to make a case for it.

Third, listen to the feedback and take the feedback you received without devolving into insults and such. Not agree with everything they said, simply listen and give your arguments with their responses a good think.

That’s the Bari’s Guide of keeping discussions plausible and toxic free. You can keep that one for free.

8 Likes

Kek, yep. And plot twist; they usually don’t.

3 Likes

It always was an issue for me. I left ESO forever because of P2W. I will probably leave WoW because of P2W and join FF14 until they introduce P2W.

I love to watch Asmon, but I don’t have idols.

Someone summon Swalsh.
Let us get the DK GOD WHO CARRIES METHOD and his opinon in here.

3 Likes

You know, I really like the guy. He’s a pretty smart and articulate guy off-stream when he’s not putting up a performance. His audience though? His audience is something else.

2 Likes

I didn’t call them sub people. I said sub-450 people. As in people below 450. You know full well what I meant.

1 Like

I see increased over-reliance at first, yes… but over time, it should become less and less important. Without something being built into the game for people to exploit, people will realize how useless this is.

Either that or it will kill the game.

But unless this community’s compulsion to discriminate based on something, anything they can get a hold of, is broken… then this game is doomed to wither and die a slow death.

2 Likes

Swish Swalsh, Swish Swalsh, give my clothes a wash.

Come giveth the sqaushed banana and grace us with your opinion on this thread Swalsh. :pray: :banana:

Cricket noises

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!

:tired_face:

1 Like

I don’t have many topics that were flagged. Oh yeah, filtering people that really play game will make any discussions here much more constructive for sure. People that agree usually don’t answer.

You should have left a long time ago when people were selling accounts and raid runs then and you had to buy your gold from shifty Chinese sites if this current P2W issue offends you so much.

Seriously, this is a 8.3 issue due to corruptions, it is going away in SL, and it is only a tiny percentage of people (your going to have to spend $200+ to buy 1 piece of gear with some of those prices) who are even buying it… and… it is a non-issue for most players because you can still roll them in PvP and their not getting into your Mythic+ if their IO is low or your guild runs.

1 Like

66% of all your topics are flagged.

6 Likes

I think we might have to hold hands, form a circle and start chanting this…

1 Like

Wrong summoning spell.

You have to talk about how many corruption pieces it took you to get gushing wounds (preferably first drop) or your position on the item level leaderboards.

I did like the rhyming scheme though :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

You want to make an item level restrictions to view your post, how cute. Why would you even make this thread since you plan to quit anyway.

1 Like