Too much friction on forums

I’m not interested in the type of “challenges” WoW’s current endgame is built around.
I prefer those which are based on mechanics, not throughput.

When throughput becomes dominant, mechanics tend to become ignored because you can just power through them with more gear and damage output than what the game is throwing at you. Everything ends up boiling down to efficiency, while everything else just goes out the window.

I also prefer solo play to group play, just because I have more control. If that means more mechanics to deal with, I’m perfectly fine like that… hell, I embrace that type of challenge. While I won’t claim to be anywhere near as proficient at it, these are the types of feats I like to emulate:

I personally loved the Mage Tower, especially Kruul (the tank one) who had no qualms about repeatedly trying to punt you off the platform regardless of how good your gear was. Many despised that challenge, but it “clicked” with me like nothing else in WoW for a LONG time before or since.

To put it simply, it feels like all variations of what I’ve enjoyed in WoW over the years have been systematically removed one after another.

It might not have been the “traditional” endgame, but it was still there for those who wanted to try their hand at it. To try and see if they could actually do the work of 5, 10 or more players. To push your encounter management skills to the limit, not your DPS output.

Seeing that challenge get reduced down to nothing by adding unnecessary number inflation that you CAN’T turn off is… well, disheartening.

2 Likes

You were wrong, that’s fine. I created 2 threads, and mostly replied to people that were writing to me. Its called: forums.

If you hate the idea of a lot of people responding to you, social places online might not be the place for you.

4 Likes

Try ignoring mechanics in heroic+ raids and 10+ keys

What you seem to be looking for is an echo chamber.

This is a forum for sharing your opinion/feedback and having a discussion. People disagreeing with your opinion/feedback isn’t toxic. That’s all apart of having a healthy public discussion.

4 Likes

What OP needs to do is start his own forum where he has full admin privileges. He can invite all his friends, if he has any.

1 Like

Ironic of you to say that of someone else.

Pretty much this. Well said

As for the OP:

God damn OP. I haven’t seen this level of epeen in a long time.

At least you provide mild entertainment. The whole idea is laughable at best.

I may not play this game as much as most, but I pay the same price to play as everyone so I am allowed access to the same public discussion forms as everyone.

Your level of progress in this game does not entitled you to special treatment. Never has. Not in Blizzard’s eyes anyways.

We don’t need no ‘Elite + Ivory tower living, spit on all casuals’ forum channel simply because people disagree with your ideas. And even if you did, you’d still be met with the so-called “friction” you so despise as not because everyone is at your “level” (this being your opinion of course) will they automatically agree with you or disagree with you in a manner you would think is civil.

2 Likes

Its a person issue. Trying to reinvent the wheel wont solve the issue. People need to learn to conversate instead of argue

1 Like

Does that mean that they would put a max ilvl on the casual threads so the ubers couldn’t post on them?

What a crazy … thought. It must be Sunday.

What part of wanting a challenging SOLO experience isn’t getting through to you?

It doesn’t have to be a “formal” challenge either, so long as there’s enough flexibility in the rules to make my own challenge.

The less I have to interact with this cesspit of a community, the better. Not because I dislike group content, but the community has indeed gotten that bad.

2 Likes

i dont think people on an mmo forum are gonna learn how to conversate any time soon

Gonna create a thread with min ilvl 460, 2.5k io and aotc required :crazy_face:

and don’t forget, no feral druids

Then problem wont be solved anytime nor any changes will fix said issue

Good luck doing that in an M15+

Everyone plays the game for a different reason. If Raelhorn doesn’t want to play endgame, why should you or anyone else be concerned about it? I think it’s a personal matter and as long as she/he is happy, then all is good. Basically if’n it ain’t about you, don’t worry about it.

1 Like

Because this guy is trying to destroy the endgame for the people who do play it?

It’s time we stopped bickering and united against our true enemy, the devs that are always nerfing us and making us waste time on busywork.

2 Likes

I like this idea. Every tbread/post that i would make I would set to ‘not viewable by grandma mode DHs’.

1 Like