Too many 'hidden profile' trolls on the forums

Adroi, you have a history of looking through someone’s profile for information you can use to put them down. Along with the other examples already posted, here’s another one:

So this thread hasn’t come off all that well, as evidenced by the replies. This type of behavior is exactly why the hidden profile option exists.

4 Likes

Should probably check the other persons replies before trying to comment that Blooms, the person hadn’t even done PvP since SL and was trying to talk about how DHs are not op (and that was 17 days ago) and was already commenting on other peoples experience despite being hardstuck challenger in SL.

That’s the post that came before the one you quoted

The person forgets you don’t ‘re-earn’ achievements every season from the section in achievs they were looking at.

1 Like

Opinions vary, and no I highly doubt somebody would look up a player in real life and has nothing to do with being important has to do with two things. One, a person who is so mentally unstable that they would bother to look up a person in real life. And the other, a person like you thinking you are really that important that someone would go thru all the trouble to find out who you are in real life, nah you aren’t that important.

I have read it, thank you. I don’t believe any context makes it okay to use achievements/rating/etc. to put someone down. Especially the way Adroi did it in this thread. He used it as an out for the conversation which makes it especially unnecessary. It would’ve been far more appropriate to simply stop replying.

1 Like

I think it’s fine if they start it, initiate it, or try to say something is/isn’t an issue in content that they do not do at all. The person they were replying to is literally not worth having a conversation with both with the way they engage (If you actually read it) or not, which is unlikely because you’re one of the hiders.

Sorry, anecdotes + news articles disprove you.

I don’t. I rely on logic, rhetoric, and persuasion in my discussions. Not all of us need to use playground insults to communicate with someone else.

There are other ways to communicate this without resorting to playground insults.

I always find it humorous when someone knows of me but I’ve never heard of them. That tells me all I need to know about this dynamic.

2 Likes

Sorry but nobody is searching who you are in real life over a video game. Serious question, do you wake up afraid to go outside?

Doesn’t work well when you’re talking about something you don’t have experience in, like that person did. They hadn’t played arena since 2020.

The insinuation here, is an insult in itself from the playground which proves you don’t play by the same rules you claim others should be.

Same here.

You’re a classic char alt that hides, yeah. That’s all I need to know.

They have, and it’s not the first time people do.

Seems to be your case, you’re here after all.

Either way, 2 more for the list to not see anymore.

I only respond in kind. So per usual, you trolls ignore that. The people that love to dish it out, always cry the most when you call them out.

I will always call people out.

People love telling others they are wrong without providing… anything. So than you point out that they don’t even have the experience to call you wrong and they get angry.

Sorry not sorry.

Oh? So someone is allowed to attack others with full impunity, but responding to them is wrong? You’re fine with them putting down people? So, it’s basically fine to insult someone if you agree with them, and if someone responds to them, they’re the ones that are actually wrong?

How amazing… :roll_eyes:

Bloom is right, you really like to insult people. You must be the life of parties and no I am not afraid to go outside, I asked because you are the one saying people stalk players in real life over a game. I am not saying it NEVER happens, what I am saying this isn’t the norm.

Forums just needs addons like in game, doesn’t let people under certain levels whisper you. Something here like that + hiding classic would be nice.

Also Bloom, it’s not cool to like your own posts with your retail chars.

1 Like

If your logic, rhetoric, and persuasion isn’t working, then you need to improve it. That’s not on the fault of others; that one is on you.

It really isn’t. Holding you accountable to the forum CoC isn’t insulting.

And I live rent free for it.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why you think someone being passive aggressive towards you gives you the license to insult them. This is not listed in the CoC.

Perhaps you could try doing it with logic, rhetoric, and persuasion instead of relying on bashing their rating and/or achievements.

You weren’t attacked, if you feel you were you can report it. Getting into a petty squabble of insults is far from a great idea. That will only lead to derailment, nonproductivity, and possibly vacations from the forums.

Both people can be wrong at the same time. I’m not sure why you think everything is either this or that. Please actually read what people are saying.

2 Likes

Oh, people telling me I’m wrong is being passive aggressive and you’re the one that gets to decide that?

Again, I will respond in the same manner as others respond to me.

I love this.

Now it’s a petty squabble? So me responding to someone else saying I’m wrong or insulting me makes… me the petty one?

Why don’t you say the same to them? Is it because you agree with them? Again, how convenient.

You don’t actually read any of the replies or make any attempt to see context.

There is a reason why you continuously get suspended for your trolling.

1 Like

Does it really matter if it was passive aggressive or not? Let’s say it wasn’t. Does what they said give you the license to insult them? Does the CoC say that?

I’m not sure why you’re trying to bog down the discussion with a semantics argument, but I don’t care to do so. Let’s focus on logic and facts, not whatever fallacies you want to deflect with.

And you will be seen as equally guilty in the eyes of Blizzard. And no, Blizzard isn’t going to give the players more tools to insult and harass each other.

No, I said “it”. “It” does not refer to you, it refers to the conversation. I’m saying the conversation becomes a petty squabble. Again, please read things.

If this was their thread I would. I’m not sure why you’re taking everything as a personal dig. It takes more than one person to create a petty squabble.

No context justifies your behavior. It is not okay to insult someone.

I have never been suspended but whatever you need to tell yourself? This is an odd point to try to bring up. You wouldn’t know the status of my account nor would you be able to prove it.

1 Like

The fact that some of yall are getting so bent out of shape over people using a forum alt or putting their setting on private just proves that it’s needed. Why would it matter unless you want to harass them in game eh?

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t care about whether players can post on an alt. or not. My point is people on here think they are way more important than they really are.

lol. Right.

Again, you are fine with people insulting some players, but are irritated that those same people respond.

Look, if you don’t like me responding in the same way someone responds to me, I’m not sure what to say to you. Since you agree with them, you don’t say anything to them and instead make this about me.

Weird.

I’m not insulting anyone. Pointing out that someone doesn’t have experience isn’t an insult.

Right right. Your long vacations after getting your responses deleted just happens to be random.

Again, how weird.

Who is harassing anyone in game over things said on the forums?

Anyone can be stalked, you don’t have to be “important”. Several years ago I had to get police involved due to an online stalker bringing it into the real world and I’m a nobody. It happens.

1 Like

I am not saying it doesn’t happen, but what % of players on WARCRAFT do you really think get stalked over a video game? I would bet single digit numbers. And to be honest I would bet there is more to your story than what you just posted.