Too many 'hidden profile' trolls on the forums

no but the people quoting your comments make it true

The one quote out of context? Solid proof.

no context makes your rating bashing okay lol

1 Like

Yeah believe it or not stalkers exists in this universe so by making profile private we inconvenience them a tad. If they are smart they can get around it.

Usually, it has nothing to do with the top .1% of anything. Typically, when people check/reference profiles it more has to do with comparing the poster’s claims to what they actually have done.

For example, when someone says that they never get loot, people check to see what content they are doing and what gear they are wearing. Similarly, when someone says something is too hard or too easy, you use it to evaluate their claims based on what they have actually done vs. their ilvl.

Having the ability to look at someone’s profile provides context to their prospective and allows people to offer suggestions or counter arguments.

Of course, there are a few trolls who try to completely discount opinions with stuff like…“Your opinion doesn’t matter until you time a 15.” But that is just troll behavior that can’t really be avoided.

Where did I rating bash in the example provided? I just called out that they didn’t have any experience this season. Why should someone with no experience tell me I’m wrong. Makes no sense.

So why lie about something so simple? :man_shrugging:

Nah, I’ve seen it 1000 times.

Someone posts about a spec being op in pvp and people who have higher ratings come out of the woodwork saying things like “sounds like a git gud situation” or “says the 1800 scrub”.

Even though I’ve been 2200 I used to get called out for my opinions by people who never leave their basements…

It’s just easier this way.

2 Likes

If you’re posting on your main or even a max level toon, you’re not inconveniencing them at all. Max level toons are still tracked by tons of sites.

It’s the low level alts that aren’t tracked and that have almost no connection to their main.

when you brought up their rating to bash them? there’s no hiding around that. you also have posts harassing others and insulting them. the last thing blizzard should do is give people more juice to degrade each other

1 Like

But I don’t. Lie all you want.

Does it make you nervous you may lose your troll toons?

again, you cant hide away from this. you want to see people’s mains so you can use your rating tactics on everyone.

not as nervous as you since you cant rating bash people with hidden profiles to win the argument

1 Like

Because arena nerds like to post your ratings.

Again, where am I ratings bashing them?

You can post that all day long. Maybe try reading it. Not sure what to tell you.

The reason they do this is because people like you exist. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Imagine there was a time where this wasn’t a case and everyone survived. Crazy. :roll_eyes:

I find it funny that people would think they are so important that another player would stalk them.

2 Likes

Pretty much. It’s a lame excuse to troll. People hate even a tiny bit of accountability. To add to that, there is also ample tools to either ignore people or to report them. These same people argue the ignore function is perfectly fine for dealing with trolls, but than is somehow insufficient for these nonexistent stalkers? Make it make sense.

So what? If you want to scrutinize them then bring out your inner Sherlock Holmes and figure out who they are.

It’s not about scrutinizing anyone. it’s about about having worthwhile discussions.

People do, all the time. The fact that you’re not important enough, though…

1 Like