Too many 'hidden profile' trolls on the forums

Alright.

If I’m skeptical about you, I am not the one who needs the benefit of the doubt. I have nothing to convince you of. There is nothing for you to doubt, other than my skepticism of you, which… well. I’m never really under pressure to convince someone of such a thing, yeah? Maybe to prove a reason why, but your statement is referential to my initial statement.

For as long as I think you’re genuinely confused, I’ll respond in earnest. Here’s why it’s a red flag;

Storm has made a general claim of general experience with this sort of thing. A wild claim, admittedly.

You, the OP of this thread, have taken it upon yourself to use verbiage that places you specifically at the center of that claim.

I was mostly joking at Adroi’s expense.

1 Like

It’s a simple good faith response.

And those claims are easily refutable as they always have been. If people want to cherry pick responses and ignore context, than they can create a monster out of any of us.

Just a moment of backstory.

This is the first time I have had a thread mass reported by people who disagree with me. So much to the point I actually had well over 100 players harass me in game because of a post I made on the forums. The first instance was making a post about people mass leaving arena games to lower their rating SO THAT they could easily sell carries. This caused the lower brackets to get farmed for months and lots of players quit because of it. Well, it wasn’t only the people doing carries, but also people who wanted to cap easily by stomping on new players. Well, a week after that threat and a blue response, they implemented deserter.

Fast forward some and the same thing happened with multiboxing. While I didn’t get the same level of hate in game, I repeatedly got suspended and mass flagged. To the point people were going back to older posts to flag me for trolling. This is back when the multiboxers were bragging on the forums how they paid for their 10+ accounts with tokens. Welp, the majority of those people no longer post here and thankfully they got rid of multiboxing.

This thread is in that same vein. The forums, in my sincere opinion, are getting overrun by low level alts on hidden profiles that do nothing but try to derail topics and troll other players. Some of the sub forums have this issue more than others. Regardless, this was NOT an issue in the past. While I understand that players want to be slightly anonymous from their mains, it creates a place where that feature just gets abused by bad faith posters.

In the end, I won’t shy away from these topics and the responses are all to expected. That said, blatantly lying about how I respond to players is irritating. If someone wants to attack my experience, than it’s open season. If someone wants to discredit me, than I’ll do the same.

:thinking:

Overrun is a bit of an overstatement, but I am very much on the side of the fence that wants Battletags as the primary identifier on these forums.

I have a collection of hate mail in my bank lol

2 Likes

You can believe me or not, but it went on for months. The unfortunate thing is they added deserter to every instance of PvP. My ask was only to have it added to skirmishes and rated arena, but they added it to bgs and also rbgs which created some issues.

After a week, the thread got a blue response and the next reset they implemented deserter. People assumed my thread is what caused the change and let me know about it. Quite a few of the sites that offer carries had posts on their forums about it and I was attached to that. I should note, this even extended to voice chat. I hosted lots of RBGs and people quite often would comment on it once they realized who I was.

So it goes.

When it becomes a daily issue, I’d say it’s overrun. But, like I said, I know it affects some of the sub forums differently.

It does actually, if only one person reports it… They don’t look at it.

It just seems like the exact same hail mary hyperbole that Storm used.

1 Like

How so?

Storm is accusing me of something that can be easily disproved. I could probably find some old posts about the deserter debuff, though it was on the old forum.

Whatever of it. I can also bring up one of the multiboxing threads.

You accused yourself more than Storm explicitly accused you. He definitely seemed to suggest you were responsible for some harassment, but what you responded to specifically was an overall experience.

None of this would prove well over 100 players harassed you in-game.

For sure. I won’t try to convince you. The reality is it happened.

While it looks like most of the old threads are gone, I can still find some posts of people recalling what happened. There are positive and… negative responses. :slight_smile:

Bingo! Give this man a cookie! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yes you do. you have rating shamed people multiple times in the arena forums. you realize we can see your posts to other sub forums, right?

3 Likes

Not if someone make a lvl 10 classic toon lol, or a 58 DK

I post on level 10 classic characters because my opinions don’t matter since I’m not at the top 0.1% of anything.

That’s basically it.

Its actually worse if you are a stand-out (in anything) because then they really put your Armory under a microscope looking hard for any way to accuse you of buying something with real money. And even if its not there - they will “find” it LOL

1 Like

I’ve always posted from this toon although it’s no longer a character I play. It has trust lvl 3. Why does it matter? As some have suggested for those of us whom have posted on here a long time we have developed a recognized identity.

Oh look, more hidden profile trolls. How interesting.

Yea, you can accuse me all you want, doesn’t make it true.

Everyone should post on classic toons.

Yeah, I’ll usually just skip over reading these. :dracthyr_heart: Sketchy.