Too many 'hidden profile' trolls on the forums

Because false flagging is reportable lol.

False flagging is what happened to OP when he clearly did nothing wrong and the moderator unflagged it multiple times.

The thread you’re speaking off isn’t even in the last 100 threads.

do you know that the only people who can “hide” their profiles, are the ones on classic, who don’t really matter as far as current arena rankings are concerned?

1 Like

does not have to be on the front page.

This is not true.

But if you want to believe that, thats okay.

Then it can’t be deemed spam if it’s been weeks/months.

You’re using that term very loosely

it absolutely is.

you can not prevent people from viewing a retail profile.

3 Likes

They flagged his post because he was telling the truth.

1 Like

Would you care to show me how?

lol that doesn’t even make sense.

how can i show you that you can’t do something.

how about you show me how you can do it, and i’ll disprove you.

that makes a lot more sense.

2 Likes

You clearly have more knowledge than I do…

I’m willing to learn about your methods.

:slight_smile:

I don’t mind being proven wrong.

Different mods interpret posts… diffrent. Some mods will give you a pass while other mods might suspend you for a month. Some mods will just edit your post and remove the offending issue. Some will give you a 3 days suspension. Some a week. Some longer.

Their response isn’t black and white. If you repeatedly get flagged, you will get suspended almost regardless. It’s happened to me in the past. I wasn’t troll, but I clearly bothered some people with my opinion. It was clear I violated no rules… but the mod thought otherwise. Later, many of those people who reported me and said so on the forums, later quit.

This isn’t the case. =/

Threads can get pulled at anytime, especially if someone starts brigading it and purposefully trying to be a disruption.

Exactly. It’s not one person moderating and they all interpret the rules different.

Specifically in the case of trolling, it’s a gray area. What one person might think is a joke or just a basic truth, another person might think is trolling.

2 Likes

when you go to the armory, there is a page which looks like this.

the url has character name and realm.

replace the name/server with the info of the player you want to view.

2 Likes

when a thread turns into a cesspit, it’s easier to remove the thread entirely, than to keep dedicating resources to it.

So how would we find the hidden profile of an alt who’s claiming he’s CE or 2400 rated, but has a hidden profile?

Wrong.

If anything they need a function that allows a player to purge their player history / posts from guild chats and communities. Especially now that they are cross-faction. I tested this out for the sake of it. In the past if you left a guild, for a new server, the faction changed, etc. Your name would vanish from the Guild Chat and all other community channels. There would be a little…

[ ]: Your words in Guild Chat.

And that was it. If you decided to tell people your character name, new server; etc? That was on you to do.

Now? It shows everyone still in the Guild Chat, your new server, your new name, and everything else. This also cannot be changed by anything short of a character deletion. Nice way to assist stalkers Blizzard. Especially creepy ex-boyfriends or girlfriends.

I know there is a certain crowd of self-righteous losers that will clamor and say it helps them police their communities and get rid of “the scumbags”. Such people are also beneath my contempt. If a player does something wrong Blizzard can handle it, not some delusional freaks who believes they are the server police.

so you’re wanting to view profiles of people you don’t know the names of?

1 Like

Well if they’re making certain claims I’d like to know that they partook in that part of the content.

Seems only fair.

Honest discussions, right?

you don’t have to believe everything everyone says.

Did a quick search and didn’t see anything recent. Pretty sure necro’ing an old thread is… frowned upon.

On the other hand, there are lots of people calling out ‘hidden profile’ posts. :thinking:

For sure. That’s what I mean. You can brigade a thread and get it removed and at the same time not be punished for it.

oh man…

So rather than trying to vet their credibility…

I just have to “not believe”…

When I’m clearly not trying to dismiss their opinion, but I’d rather know if he was lying or not.

Great take.