Too many 'hidden profile' trolls on the forums

On what evidence do you make that claim?

Also the term “main” itself is vague. Many people switch what their primary playing character is, but maintain a single one for posting on the forums for the sake of recognizability, which they may or may not ever even play.

Are you not processing what you’re saying or is this just your troll bit?

1 Like

An identity is formed, especially the more you’re engaged. People start to know your online-you and your story.

A leopard doesn’t change its spots, so there is a reason. It could be both good and evil outlaws doing it.

If I want to just be me without anyone knowing(because I have enemies), that would be a good reason for me to do it. Thankfully I’m not engaged deep enough to obtain that kind of… protection, and I speak as one who got pinched many times since this forum system was put in place post-Leg.

1 Like

I understand that.

But it’s to vet credibility in a discussion.

If we’re talking about +20 content and a hidden profile “main” comes in to say that its too easy…

Wouldn’t it be fair for the discussion to allow us to see all his +20 dungeon achievements?..

It’s more about how reliable that person’s information is.

Look, I’ll stop responding to you. We can disagree on this. I’m not trolling or making any attempt to. You’re obviously welcome to disagree with me. If you think I could have presented this different, than so be it.

Clearly you don’t care about that though and even when I pointed out your mistake, you made no attempt to remedy that.

Whatever. My point still stands. I think the forums would be better off if there were less trolls with hidden profiles. If I was wrong to assume that we were all on the same page as what that meant, than that’s on me.

These people all know this but that’s not why they are here.

If they don’t add anything to the conversation but “they’re too easy” then it’s pretty safe to assume they’re trolling. You can always ask for their credentials but they probably won’t provide any.

If they have an actual argument, then judge them on that rather than the character they’re posting on.

Because I pointed out that you’re being inconsistent? That does damage your credibility, true.

1 Like

That cat loves popcorn!:popcorn:

1 Like

You can’t have an actual argument in content you haven’t participated on though…

And we truly won’t know if the profile is hidden…

These new “hidden profile” alts are ruthless. (not all of them of course.)

Then their argument will reflect that.

Trying to vet people based on content completed is just trying to pre-dismiss someone without bothering to consider what they’re saying. It’s lazy.

4 Likes

No it’s not.

It’s the same as a job resume.

How can you apply to a job and claim you can do heart surgery when you’ve never done heart surgery?

This is what’s happening in some of these threads.

This is a video game, homie. Nobody is applying for jobs.

It ain’t that serious.

3 Likes

The premise is the same.

How can you have an argument in content you don’t partake in?

The way you saw “job” and dismissed my entire post.

:wink:

1 Like

This doesn’t work for multiple battle.net accounts.

You’re always welcome to debate any of the points brought up in a given post, and if one makes an appeal to experience and does not demonstrate they have said experience them feel free to disregard them.

But insisting on a debater’s identity for the sake of argument is almost always a bad faith request to launch an ad hominem attack, and why would anyone want to indulge that?

3 Likes

I’ve given you two scenarios where someone could legitimately be posting on a character they don’t do content on. And I’ve already explained that refusing to even listen to an argument based on your own personal criteria of their accomplishments is intellectually lazy.

If you can’t accept that then we have nothing else to discuss.

This ^

3 Likes

You’re just moving the goal post around.

Some alts are good at gaslighting threads while still providing SOME decent points.

When the line is that blurry the best way to come to a conclusion is to see if they’ve done the content.

Sorry you can’t see that.

Enjoy.

Sounds like an excuse to dismiss anyone who disagrees with you :dracthyr_shrug:

3 Likes

lol…

sounds like somebody enjoys trolling on their alts.

:dracthyr_shrug:

Ah, of course, and we arrive here.

Nice to know I wasted my time pretending you were a real person.

2 Likes

Resorting to insults?..

Noted.

you move the goal post and gaslight just like those hidden profile alts.