Too many 'hidden profile' trolls on the forums

So this is a “post on your main” and “what are you hiding” thread?

1 Like

I think that’s pretty unfair. =/

I’m not being triggered by anyone. If someone wants to say I’m wrong without providing anything, why would I not highlight their experience, or lack there of?

But I’m not disagreeing with them. I never said that all people that hide their profiles are trolls. More that the trolls very often hide their profiles and are on low level alts to hide their mains.

It does though. If you want to comment on a specific set of content while also not doing that content, you’re going to get called out.

Just doing PvP isn’t the same as doing Arena. It’s why we have an arena forum, world pvp, and battlegrounds. Context matters. Plenty of specs can be broken in RBGs and be awful in arena. This happens a lot. Just doing PvP doesn’t mean you can tell someone else they are wrong about arena specific posts.

They do IF the topic is about this season. You can’t say a spec isn’t broken in arena while also not doing arena. That makes no sense.

You’re being really dishonest here and misrepresenting what I’m saying.

If you aren’t actively doing the content and someone is posting about current active content, you aren’t qualified to talk on that topic. That’s just reality. You’re welcome to disagree with it, but that isn’t a childish viewpoint.

This isn’t about classic alts.

Are you going to correct your mistake from earlier?

Mostly to have a good faith discussion. On most topics it doesn’t matter, but on plenty it does.

Loads? Yes, I’m sorry I don’t like trolls.

Not all people who hide their profiles are trolls, but many troll hide their profiles. There is a distinction here that most of the people responding are refusing to acknowledge. Whatever.

A lot of it is having perspective. Both the 1100 player and 2400 player can be right at times. What is strong at 1100 may be trivial at 2400. Being able to see someone’s experience can help shape a discussion.

Maybe read what you were replying to? I understand if you’re having difficult keeping track of conversations.

3 Likes

I knew I had a reason for the OP to be on ignore…

2 Likes

I don’t think you’re in a place to be insulting anyone. Should I have insulted you when you got my achievements wrong? Or were you just lying?

Why would you put me on ignore? :frowning:

I’m in a great place, since you’ve been successfully trolling for almost 200 posts now.

4 Likes

Not once have I trolled anyone in this thread. If responding to people and disagreeing with them is trolling, than I guess we are all trolls.

Again though, you’re not in a place to be insulting anyone. But hey, you disagree with me so I guess I’m the bad guy. Oh well.

Sure, if that’s all you were doing.

We both know it’s not, though.

2 Likes

I don’t really care about hidden profiles, but I do insist that level 55 wrath classic dk profiles be bullied incessantly.

1 Like

I’ll play a little devil’s advocate here.

Since you’ve clearly been around for awhile…

If a topic was brought up and people were in a discussion, and a lvl 40 with a hidden profile comes up to discuss the topic, but clearly have a wildly different opinion or take on the matter…

Would it not be important to see their achievements or account progress to see how credible their source of information is?..

I mean…would you talk to someone who has a certain view on the medical field, but has never actually worked in the medical field?..

Doesn’t that make their claim less credible and/or “trolling” for having no experience to make those claims?..

Just wondering what your view is.

Not really, no. I mean if their take is clearly meant to just annoy people (read: this OP) then they’re just trolling. If they can engage in a reasonable conversation and explain their viewpoint then character credentials are irrelevant.

As has already been pointed out in this thread, many EU players have accounts and post here without any reference to their main accounts.

3 Likes

That really is what it is though. This is a pretty simple topic. I think the trolls on the forums that hide their profiles are disruptive. In the past, the forums self policed themselves because you could see all the characters people were playing.

That’s what this is about and that is why I’m responding.

But sometimes they’re just posting to disagree with others and not actually bringing up valid points.

We don’t instantly dismiss their opinion, but it’s clear that they are just gaslighting the topic.

Is…that okay?

Okay but pretty quickly you started ranting about people posting on alts. That has nothing to do with hidden profiles. You also made the spurious claim that most people with hidden profiles are trolling and refused to listen to anyone else saying otherwise.

I mean, this forum is full of trolls because it’s poorly moderated. There’s not much we can do about that. I’m not defending trolling. I’m here solely because OP claimed that most hidden profiles are trolls, which is not true.

2 Likes

I didn’t make that claim and I didn’t rant about people on alts. They are all the same. Everyone here knows this.

So, having people post on their mains is more “toxic and trolling” then allowing people to go around on hidden profiles gaslighting threads?..

There’s people who even buy a 2nd account who have 100 achievement points just to post…

It’s kind of getting out of hand.

but I guess OP went about it the wrong way.

Thanks for your 2 cents.

You did though.

Literally what? You know many people hide profiles on their mains, right?

3 Likes

Sure…

A lot less then alts though.

I’m saying they are all the same. That’s clear from a bunch of posts I made in this thread.