Today's 9.2 stream predictions

New raid and new zone is a given but what else do you guys think?

4 Likes
  • Sylvanas as the protagonist (Sylvanas cinematic too as a trailer)
  • Tyrande and Elune will do nothing for the rest of the expansion
  • Sylvanas is forgiven for no reason
  • Sylvanas is key to stop the jailer
  • Our leaders will work together but players still can’t (no cross faction play)
  • No resolution for Teldrassil (Night Elf souls also ignored / obliterated etc.)
  • The first ones
  • We still won’t know what broke the arbiter
  • Maybe even more middle fingers towards Night Elf players
  • Baine does nothing

Those are my rough predictions

13 Likes

Ethriel made a new account?

10 Likes

Seems like it. I hope she’s right

My prediction is: ARTHAS reveal.

6 Likes

you forgot the most important part. Nathanos dies in patch 9.2 so sylvanas can continue being the good guy who did nothing wrong.

Nathanos is more likely to just get out of the maw and thrive just like Sylvanas.

Blizzard seems to be obsessed with letting the Night Elves’ abusers get away with everything and thrive while they inflict even more endless misery on them

Also, Nathanos planned all of this anyway, even Tyrande killing him so that he can get his free ticket to the maw.

I’m counting on this.

3 Likes

I’m glad that you’re showing your true colours so openly now, seems like you’re faking a different personality when you want to pretend to be a likable person to others but atleast you’re honest when you reply to me. I appreciate that, Luxio!

1 Like

Just being myself Ethriel, I don’t hide behind level 10 trial characters!

But thank you for being the biggest Sylvanas fan in this forum. It warms my heart.

5 Likes
  1. Jailor revealed to be a lowly gnome in a meat suit.
    “Aaalllriiiight!! Who ordered up an extra large can of whoop-bum?”

2. You open your eyes and its phase 4 of Argus the Unmaker. Carry on.

3 Likes

The only way to fix this story

1 Like
  • We fight Anduin, Sylvanas sacrifices herself to heal him
  • Army of the Light appears in Shadowlands
  • We fight the Jailor, Nathanos appears to avenge Sylvanas thinking Jailor killed her
  • We use the Jailor’s sigil to restore Sylvanas and make her the new Arbiter
  • Sylvanas resurrects Nathanos to become the new Jailor
  • Army of the Light opens the pathway back home to Azeroth for us, since we are “heroes of legend”.
2 Likes

I don’t have many predictions. Sometimes, Blizzard goes a bit off the wall. Or they release an interstitial patch. Trying to shoot for the stars, and hope all mysteries will be revealed, and all loose ends tied neatly, seems an exercise in futility.

Trial of the Crusader was a bit out there. I mean, sure, it kind of makes sense because it is written that way. But seemed a bit like a vacation from the narrative with a goofy interstitial patch. I hope Blizzard is announcing a big, lore heavy, consequential patch. But it might be a patch that takes us out of the current narrative, or is just goofy, or more about the Players. I am concerned when people bring up the “12 Classes/3 Roles” theory about the image reveal. That seems like it would be a patch that is light on story, and heavy on gimmicks and new systems.

1 Like
  1. They will create an entirely new realm for us to go to, and the Sepulcher will come next patch.

2. Sylvanas gives us World Quests, like Magni.

3. Nathanos comes back.

4. Arthas comes back as well.

I think Bwonsamdi has Nathano’s soul and he will use it as leverage to get Sylvanas to divulge where the Jailer is going. They won’t reunite Sylvanas and Nathanos in 9.2 the “heroes” will use him to torture her for a bit first, Tyrande might even take an opportunity to “twist the knife” now that she kniws Nathanos is Sylvanas’ weakness.

I think Bwonsamdi will pull more stunts as Nathanos’ personal morality coach like in Shadows Rising and it will be Nathanos who convinces the heroes that Sylvanas is worth saving because she was always trying to stop the Jailer.

1 Like

According to MMO-Champion, this Danuser tweet has to do with 9.2: “So much awaits discovery in the geometry. So many truths lie in the intersections. The fractals.”

Putting aside my usual complaints of how the man chooses to communicate, that sounds vaguely Old God-ish. So maybe 9.2 will be a Void invasion of the Shadowlands we have to fight off, while 9.3 will resolve the Jailer storyline. Or possibly the reverse, with 9.2 wrapping up the Jailer and then introducing a Void threat for 9.3, which would then lead into the next expansion.

EDIT: Nevermind, the quote is from a book in the Brokers dungeon that is talking about the Sepulcher.

Teldrassil has been “resolved” as much as you’re going to get. The player champion has gone to rescue those souls that Elune accidentally sent to the maw. There’s not going to be a restoration of the World Tree nor of Undercity because Blizzard absolutely HATES player capitals.

When has Elune done ANYTHING outside of background stories? Everything she’s ever “done” has been through proxies and she’s turned the Night Warrior off. in order to keep Tyrrande from going off like a Roman Candle.

Besides if you haven’t gotten the memo… being the Hero is YOUR job, not theirs.

I’m not going to address the rest of the repetitive Night Elf player angst. Night Elve are no where close to the number 1 screwed up race spot that the Forsaken occupy. At least as a Night Elf and Alliance player you have a clear heroic path to pursue. The Forsaken or Horrde player does get to choose between being a Saurfang or Sylvannas loyalist, but that choice MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE. You stiill have to marrch the exact same steps to resolve the Horde side of the storry. One side you get a toy, the other side you get an encounter where Sylvannas tells you that you’re going to be discarded with the rest of the Horde.

4 Likes

Danuser is excited, so the reveal will probably be controversial and dumb.

7 Likes

Uh no, not even a tenth of them.

Oh yea, because losing their capital city puts the forsaken in a worse spot than the Night Elves who lost their capital city and also everything else and then also had their souls obliterated to make sure that they can never come back.

2 Likes

I’m tired of the But the forsaken have it worse argument. It’s like the people making the argument haven’t been paying attention

1 Like