To those of you who were banned last week

If you honestly believe you were unjustly banned, do NOT give up on trying to get your account back.

I used up all my appeals and they said they would not discuss the matter anymore. Even gave me a warning for putting too many tickets in trying to understand what happened. Mind you, I was never sent the original email detailing my offense or for how long my ban was for. They told me on four separate occasions the ban would be upheld end of story and they refused to even speak to me about it anymore.

Well, as of today my ban was overturned with an apology and game time. Does that make up for how I was treated by their staff and the people on this very forum? Absolutely not. Do I feel vindicated? Absolutely, I do.

False positives happen more often than the people on this forum want you to believe. I’m sure they will report this and have it hidden and then someone will come in and lock it, but I hope this reaches at least a few of you who were banned that know you absolutely and TRUTHFULLY did nothing wrong.

Cheers.

2 Likes

It will be closed, primarily because there isn’t really anything to discuss or anything that can be added to it.

My only statement would be that yes, false positives happen but it is a little misleading to say “more than the people on this forum want you to believe”, as if that is their goal.

We aren’t trying to give a number on how many false positives we may see because it really isn’t relevant since that is conditional.

I’ve seen ban waves that contained a high number of false positives because it was a newer process and some data that was found initially looked like something else. Those were eventually overturned based on those investigations. Most of them I’ve seen though have not been overturned or found to be false positives, especially with some of the more time tested investigations.

Of course we want folks to appeal if they believe they did not violate policy, those appeals help us to catch situations in which we may have made a mistake, it also helps overall data.

I am sorry that you had a hard time with this, Soulravage. Yours seems to have been a situation in which something was missed with the original appeal. I understand the frustration but I have to tell you, that is rarer than you may want to believe. Good luck to you.

13 Likes