PSA: Don't use Public Computers

I feel bad for you, OP.

However, I would like to point out that Blizzard flat-out says not to use public computers to log into your account. It’s nice of you to try to warn people, but if you didn’t see any of the many warnings from Blizz about public computers, it’s unlikely this thread will deter others from doing the same thing.

6 Likes

Lol I think it’s funny when they say stuff like this, I don’t care if you say it’s final if I know I’m right I’m going to pursue the situation endlessly :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Something doesn’t seem right here.

15 Likes

99% sure this is the OP here:
~https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/eueub0/need_your_help_banned_unjustly_due_to_third_party/

The timeline even makes sense. The wording and phrasing is somewhat similar as well. Was searching around for people getting banned over 3rd party software, but not permabanned, and found it.

9 Likes

Don’t they only give 6 month bans now? Something about the psychology of it preventing people from repeat offending.

This is my post on the CS forums after the reversal. I can provide the emails sent to Brack and one of the GM responding to it in his stead if you’d like.

it seems like they don’t actually have somebody reviewing it they just see it and say oh our system flagged it so it must be accurate. You have to keep sending tickets to the point of almost spamming them even after they threaten you for submitting them.

there has been plenty of horror stories on Reddit about people who were unjustly banned and had to submit like seven or eight tickets before somebody finally actually reviewed the logs and saw that they were innocent and unban them.

It’s ridiculous that they don’t want to actually do any research so just blow people off

5 Likes

Yeah 100% not me lol

Kind of, first one is 6 months, 2nd is 18 months so on.

I’d hit them up on Twitter.

1 Like

That’s great you got your account back :slight_smile:

Not saying your story didn’t happen… But it is up to you, not Blizzard to secure your account and your information. If you were naive enough to use this information on a public computer over which you can’t guarantee what is installed or if it is even clean of worms etc et al… That is a you issue… Not a Blizzard issue. Tough lesson learned.

5 Likes

uh…yeaahh…if your account has been around THAT long without any trouble and blizzard isnt willing to have a sit down with you over something like this I’d tell them to stuff their trashy game AND their pathetic business model and go play another game.

If someone goes 12 blanking years without cheating theyre clearly NOT a cheater LMAO.
Only blizzard could come up with this trash.

4 Likes

If you got 18 months, there is more to this then you are telling us…

4 Likes

It is a blizzard issue. If they ban people who are innocent, then they’re acting unethically. Blizz obviously doesn’t have the desire or money to really investigate the OP arguments, but they should because he might actually not have done anything wrong.

3 Likes

I heard Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn will be going f2p all the way up to 60 and give you access to all there expansions besides the most relevant one. Starting on Aug 11th. Go there, pretty fun game if you enjoy PvE not so much PvP. From there if you like it sub and buy there xpack. Square Enix is a pretty awesome japanese company.

I also hope blizzard views the success they will receive for releasing old content in this manner and gaining many numbers from it that eventually will sub. Genius marketing for a breed thats fading away.

(sorry to hear OP if it’s true and all legit but this is my suggestion if you enjoy that franchise)

2 Likes

That sucks, OP. I would also consider going to twitter, or attempting to escalate your tickets. Ask for a supervisor to review it.

It’s great that they’re attempting to crack down on bots but sometimes they’re far too heavy handed with this.

What you’re describing happens maybe 1 in 10,000 cases. False flags, for things like botting, are very rare.

If you say so, but forensics are saying otherwise.

This morning I woke up to a six month ban.

I attempted a ticket and was told “You violated the terms of service” with no additional information. I attempted a second ticket via chat and was told “You are using a known third-party software”, and would not talk to me afterwards

I have been playing Blizzard games since Warcraft 2, and am a long-time WoW player (since BC) with no infractions to date, and I don’t want to be locked out for six months when Blizzard won’t even talk to me now.

and would not talk to me afterwards, basically saying that it sucks to be me for the next six months, but “hope you have a great weekend”.

Some of the wording intricacies stand out, but I’m not going to write an essay about it. The fact that you got an 18 month ban, when they only hand out 6 month bans, also suggests you were previously banned. Yeah, I’m almost positive it’s you.

5 Likes

This is also mostly true. August 11, the patch goes live. You only get access up until partway through the first expansion though, you’ll still have to buy the last two if you choose to keep playing.

1 Like

You have no clue if that is true or not… Only the OP typing ‘Hey guys I’m honest here’ into a forum. Blizzard doesn’t respond to these types of posts in this forum. And out of all of the people who I have heard ‘say hey guys I didn’t do it’… I can count on one hand the number of people who were accurate with those statements. So yeah, call me jaded or whatever… but statistics are on my side. Also as others have stated, something really, really bad had to have been done on his account for them to issue an 18 month ban… 18 months is normally for second offenses.

3 Likes