To the players, It is YOUR Choice

Wait…let me get this straight. When it comes to my free time, and my monthly subscription money, I can choose what MMO to play or not play? Thank you for bringing this to my attention. If the Archon decides to send you to the maw, I’ll be sure to talk her out of it. Well, I’ll frown and sigh at least.

Even if they are not doing that a lot of them are trying to influence others to follow them out the door, or stay, etc.

As I mentioned in a previous threat only 1% of the WoW community posts on the forums and those that do are very polarizing in their opinions. I am just saying that Instead of making a decision on what is said here they should PLAY this game or the Rival game they are considering going to THEN make their choice.

Exactly but you should NOT make that decision based on the influences of OTHERS.

This whole scandal came at a very bad time when many people were unhappy with SL anyhow and might have been on the brink of quitting when it gave them an easy excuse to do so.

But quitting because you decided to “make a stand” will feel very hollow within a few weeks, because nobody is going to be sexually harassed at Blizz anymore after all this, and your only reward will be being able to come here and brag that you quit and stood for something, until your sub runs out, until you return next month, resub and pay for a name change.

1 Like

If they want to do that it is up to them however they should not try to get OTHERS to do the same. That is up to THOSE people.

I disagree. You are the one here trying to influence hypothetical new players by censoring real players.

This is false. It is far fewer than 1%.

“Polarizing”? No. They are opinionated, which is why people come to forums.

This is exactly what people are doing. They are not blank slates being spoonfed by opinionated forumgoers. Stop trying to spoonfeed some hypothetical group of new players that you imagine came to the forums instead of trying the game.

Get off your soapbox. People are able to think for themselves, and they do. Stop repeating the lie that the reason people who don’t like the game don’t like it is because of something one of the few players still posting wrote. Or they went to watch a streamer and completely had a brain transplant.

Don’t mislead people into paying for a game and coming into it not able to experience any content.

That money could have been spent on much better purposes.

Games are meant to be fun.

Example - What’s the point spending hours levelling a hunter and then unable to do anything but run around korthia hunting rares and suffering immense lag ?

Raids. M+. RBG . These only happen if people get invited into groups , which is not gonna happen unless you are a mage or a boomie with 2100 IO scores

Exactly but you should NOT make that decision based on the influences of OTHERS.

I’m not, but let’s be honest, we as humans make the vast majority of our decisions based on others. It’s kind of part of being a social animal.

Then you agree they may not represent the whole community.

Yes that is their OPINION and not everyone has the same one.

I will just quote this poster.

I was as much critical to those who defend WoW as those who are against it.

Just because YOU did not find content you would like does not mean someone else will.

Do not mislead a person into NOT paying for a game because YOU PERSONALLY do not like it.

Am not misleading anyone.

I’m just posting my own feedback , which is also echoed by many.

What about the People who RP or the people who are just here for PVP they do not care about that aspect?

Yeah. Sure.

If anyone of you out there is reading this and you like to Role Play and run around doing nothing in Oribos with 4-5 other people who also have nothing to do….

This game is for you!

If anyone of you like to PVP and run around in a game where most people are war mode off.

This game is for you!

Exactly and they should be able to figure that out ON THEIR OWN.

no they are definitely still existing in wow unfortunately

So does them being in BOTH games change the argument?

And they are hypothetical indeed.

The MMORPG genre does not really get a massive amount of new players to it, we have reached a near set limit of MMORPG players across all MMORPG games.

There will come the occasional 1,5 thousands of new players, 3 if we are being optimistic, and they are usually going with their first love of MMORPG and staying there for a long time like many of us have done it.

I am just sad that FFXIV was not my first love, I could have had my legacy account and all. Instead I ended up leaving it while it was bad :sob:

The thing that new players will see right now, is the Blizzard scandale, which in turn will have them view the state of the game itself, which is likely to turn them away.

The only people sticking with WoW currently, are the ones who are addicted, or who have tricked themselves into believing that they do not have enough time to invest into a new game - which is absolutely bollocks and stupidity on the highest level.

When the diehard fans of FFXIV describe the game they make it sound like it’s the next coming of Jesus. It’s a little odd.

Why does it seem like a lot of complaints about this game could be easily fixed if people just joined a guild? I swear some of you act like being in a guild, or playing with your guild members, is some form of kryptonite.

And I have seen WOW fans just a fanatical. That is why we should things for OURSELVES.

what argument? you’re telling new players to go play free trial bgs when free trial bgs are far worse of a cesspool than anything else in the game and i’m saying if you want player retention they shouldnt do free trial bgs since it’s a horrible representation

so its definitely not to the advantage of the new player to go try free trial 20s bgs

I don’t really see it with WoW. At least not on the forum.