To the people who are anti #pulltheripcord

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#warrior_arms?data_view=azerite_traits&type=trait_stacking&tier=3

“Boring passive” btw

1 Like

You forget that Azerite in uldir was extremely bad and uninteresting. It got much better when they added another row of abilities. The Azerite vender. And the cost to respec was changed to a daily lower instead of 3 days or a week.

Azerite from the start was not a good system to replace tier and still isn’t. I love playing the same way for the pass 2 years. Besides holy paladins nearly all classes have stayed the same.

Legion legendaries we’re hard to get and got capped to 2 MAX to have. It got changed where you can have all of them and made people happier. It made people happier again when they added a vender.

People mentioned the flaw with Azerite weapons and how it only going toward one weapon at a time made it very difficult and endless grind that people didn’t like. It got fixed when weapons shared Azerite levels.

You forget the MDI players, the CE raiders and the top PvPers are also in beta. We don’t have a YouTube following and we have the same issues. The fact I’m thinking about having two of one class so I can enjoy dungeons and raids is upsetting to me.

3 Likes

This is something that irritates me. Just because a YouTuber has a opinion does not mean I cant have the same opinion. Why do people think everyone but them are incapable of thinking on there own. I don’t even watch wow YouTubers but based on these threads my opinions match so im obviously not capable of forming my own i just copy them.

2 Likes

I just don’t get what’s the point of a beta if hundreds of people (maybe thousands I don’t know how many they invite) Are telling you the system doesn’t work but Blizz still intends to make no changes as far as we’ve heard. Why do we constantly have to live test their broken systems when all it does is leave a sour taste in everybody’s mouth.

As soon as the new expansion smell wears off. and Covenants aren’t new but are something you’ve seen for months. Not being able to change out of them is going to be a damn chore.

4 Likes

Ah here it is folks. The very same hypocrisy that anti fliers have. Just because you lack the self control to stick to your own convictions doesn’t mean we should screw everyone else over by this system… You want locked in covenants? Fine lock yourself in but don’t ruin an expansion for the rest of us cause you don’t really believe the garbage you peddle.

3 Likes

Im not a anti anything and it’s still not my problem.

I didn’t start the snark.

So you just want an excuse to be lazy?

Let’s keep this civil. There fears have merit even if you don’t think so. There are down sides for both sides in both scenarios so don’t act like our side is just the best with no negatives.

1 Like

Sorry I read down but not all 100+ replies. If the power is swappable I think the system would be fine. Being locked into certain content kinda sucks…

It shows more commitment to stick with something voluntarily, when it’s easy to change for the best advantages, than it does to stay because you’re forced.

4 Likes

Considering in context it was how people want it stuck was selfish. People wanting it free for them is also selfish. It’s selfish on both side of the coins no matter how you look at it. I’m pretty sure I also mentioned to be easier for us. Which if we can just freely swap yea the game just became infinitely easier because now I can choose what is best for a scenario instead of saying “crap I need this for raid but my buddies want to do dungeons later”

Should be a couple hours, or a day at max. Stops people from doing it every boss (which seems to be a major complaint from folks who claim they have no interest in changing anyway) but still allows you to swap for different content.

I agree with this point but I think everyone can agree with but some pugs in things like m+ don’t really care what you want. While this can be circumvented with a guild, not everyone in a guild is interested in the same thing. Like I’m in a raiding guild but another of my guild also like to do m+ but I dont.

Personally I don’t want to have to make use of two paladins to feel like I’m optimized for dungeons on one and raids for the other or hell optimized for tank on one and heal on the others

1 Like

That’s fair, this did blow up pretty quick.
It was actually a pretty good conversation. Probably one of the few where we understood each other.

People get into insulting so quick. A prime example just a few posts above is. I appreciate your reasoned response now.

Most certainly and I’m sure there will be some players with that level of commitment. I’m hoping for some compromise on the idea.

You can start your own groups, or join groups that say “any covenant welcome”. If so many people want to play that way, there will be plenty of pugs for them.

If the different people in your guild will give you a hard time about switching, I’d say you should find a guild that’s not jerks.

There will be plenty of restrictive groups too

Because I do not, at any point, want to feel like I’m obligated to swap covenants just so I can be ‘optimal’ at a given piece of content. Which despite denials from the forum crowd who are pro-ripcord, would absolutely happen.

The moment something is freely able to be swapped, there will be an obligation that folks do that, and if they don’t do it, they won’t get into group content beyond LFR/LFD unless they form their own groups.

Being able to freely swap isn’t selfish at all. You still have the choice to pick whatever you want and stick with it.

Sounds like you want a “set it and forget it” thing. I don’t want that. I don’t want easier I want more fun. I want options.

That’s what makes the game fun. Having the best set up for a certain scenario means you have to overcome the challenge with skill and not fail because you didn’t have the right set up.

3 Likes