To the people who are anti #pulltheripcord

I’m just curious as to why? Having the options unlocked how does this affect you in a negative way? You are still free to choose what covenant you desire and stick to your guns nobody is able to force you into changing if you don’t want too. But having them locked causes a negative gameplay experience for allot of players. To me it sounds like a very selfish and bitter attitude that you want other players to not have fun for a change that would have 0 impact on you

178 Likes

Covenants being a talent reduces the significance of their lore.

By all means they can pulltheripcord but that would pull the enjoyment of choosing one in the first place for many players.

Your argument could be used to frame opposition to any idea. If someone suggested you be freely able to switch classes and maintain your gear, people who oppose the idea could easily be said to;

But having them locked causes a negative gameplay experience for allot of players. To me it sounds like a very selfish and bitter attitude that you want other players to not have fun for a change that would have 0 impact on you.

88 Likes

How does this take away from the enjoyment of selecting a covenant? Nothing really stops the individual player from committing to that choice, from committing to the lore and identity of the covenant even if they could freely (or more freely as currently is) move.

Turning the point back on OP - which is a fair point to make - illustrates that the problem will exist in both situations, only one of them lacks the punishment for those wanting to simply change more often.

22 Likes

It’s no longer a commitment I make. It’s just something I choose now to optimise my numbers for X content. Venthyr is just a mog I have on my back now.

47 Likes

Ok from a rp perspective but isn’t rp about the fantasy you personally create? Hence rp realms. The rp of the game doesn’t reflect but actually contradicts the idea of having them locked aswell. Im also not sure how allowing x player being able to change has any impact on your decision

8 Likes

What? Can anyone tell me what the ripcord thing is about? I just got here and everywhere I go it all that lol.

2 Likes

Its a phrase Ion coined when talking about removing the restrictions about covenants he said if players detest it they can just pull the ripcord and fix it

3 Likes

It is if the player themselves make that decision. A player is under no need to change covenants even with how they currently are, despite very clear obstacles in how the playerbase as a whole operates.

You’re asking for a forced commitment, why isn’t the individual player able to make that choice themselves?

9 Likes

Lol ok. I don’t know much about convenants at all but what I DO know rogues bone spike thing is too OP.

1 Like

Ask Mr Hashecooked stuff, he has explained it well in the interview with Preach

Sounds like you did not like his decision, refuse to acknowledge and are looking at blaming others for your shortcomings rather than focusing your effort on your wants instead. Your greatest threat here is your attitude and you will lose :wave:

8 Likes

But are you not choosing venthyr anyway? If not then why are you playing them? Nobody is forcing you

2 Likes

You can change covenants, it’s just very difficult.

But then what makes them different from a talent and why wouldn’t I or any other player just switch at a whim?

Yes you can purposefully choose a bad talent and stick with it but that makes no sense.

12 Likes

Because I like the idea of commiting myself to the Venthyr.

If it was something I could pick at a whim and change at a glance it would be stupid to not change it always to match the content I’m doing.

18 Likes

The conceptual arguement here is nobody is punishing you for not wanting to change to stick to your guns for the ro and choice reasons you made. But players who don’t share your style of gameplay are punished. You see how that seems unfair

9 Likes

The very reason why they’re locked: in pursuit of a meaningful choice.

You can make that choice meaningful through commitment with the restrictions raised. Everything you like about locked covenants remain absolutely, none of that goes away.

4 Likes

But if you did change at a clance cause you could than that is your decision nobody but yourself forced you into changing you gave up on your own meaningful choice.

10 Likes

Because I refuse to make a stand if I don’t have beta access.

10 Likes

Can’t argue with that logic :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol good one. XD

1 Like

I wasn’t asking for his opinion I know it from the interview where he said its an option. I’m asking the players who are against it why?

1 Like