To the people who are anti #pulltheripcord

Now that we know know how easy it is to change we can see that having them locked behind covenants is not a game breaker at all.

And the other isn’t, I really hate how this became so polarizing that one side now effectively knows what the other group would like, what would affect them, and that it’s them somehow spiting others.

Can we stop with the stupid term “pull the rip cord?”

It means nothing to those who don’t follow the idiot talking head kids on Youtube.

Thanks

If you think emotions don’t sway court cases well i have a bridge to sell you.

That’s what Ion himself called it.

Ready for your counter? Ego. More choices also doesn’t = better gameplay, because if you’ve got 45 buttons to use, are you gonna be happy looking over every single one of them? What if you had 250 buttons instead and spells to go through? That’s more choices, yet again still not gonna be happier about the more choices than if you had 10.

Then performance is more important to you than sticking with one covenant. Sounds like a great reason to be team ripcord

Nope, I disagree, because it won’t be the ripcord pull you hope for.

There’s thousands of posts across several threads on it. I’m sure people can figure it out.

The mental hoops you jump through must be exhausting. No choice leads to stagnation. More choices = better gameplay. If you can’t understand that then you’re a lost cause.

2 Likes

If you cannot understand that that’s not always the case, you really do belong in the fear movement. Sorry that you guys are afraid. Maybe some time away from the game might do you some good.

There is no reason why covenants should be locked. Lorewise all the covenants are allies in the fight against the Jailer. Choosing a particular covenant, doesn’t change how the overall story progresses. The only “meaningful” choice is artificial and nothing more. Because Blizzard doesn’t want to invest in diverging storylines and make legitimate meaningful choices

There is no logical reason why they shouldn’t be locked.

Nobody is afraid. That’s just something you made up because you think it strengthens your argument when actually it makes you sound silly.

Oh are you the forum troll for the day? Good to know

2 Likes

I misread your response as you believing the game was balanced around casuals. Your last statement, specifically. Based on your response, I get what you’re saying. You’re saying you’re casual but you don’t want locked in covenants. I still believe it’s dangerous to not lock them in: they easily become a multi dimensional grind if they’re not (as I believe the progress between them won’t transfer and the player base will start just expecting people to be X covenant for Y content. ). Whatever.

The entire movment is based off of fear or ego. You either don’t know what fear is, or you don’t know how much of an ego you have. Either way, those two things make up 100% of the arguments for pulling the tip cord. Yes, I called you afraid, as you are since you want to pull it. Either it’s because you’re scared of the balance tuning, or you’re afraid for your e-peen on those meters, looking bad for people for not being the most optimal of everything in that content, or any other reason but fear is fear.

Says the guy who is 100% afraid of their balance.

Negative gameplay? Being able to pick/choose anything is negative gameplay. Choices must have consequences for an investment and meaning to exist. Expecting everything to be handed to you ala Skyrim creates bad experiences. Everyone just funnels into the same category rather than having diversity - it is boring.

People who support covenants (as currently implemented) simply agree with the arguments put out by Ion. Meaningful choice, etc. Universally they are casual players (which is not meant as an insult!), so many of the downsides of covenant locking may not be experienced by them. Personally, I think they will find it impacts them far more than they anticipate, but it will absolutely hurt competitive players more than casual players.

Most of the people who will really feel the burn are the semi-hardcore - which I classify as anyone who heroic raids or is trying to “just complete” their keystone master achieve. This is the level where players 1) don’t have time to play multiple characters or grind covenant swaps regularly and 2) the community who plays at this level blindly follows the meta. You see this with current M+ pugs - by no means do you need a specific comp for a +15, but you will be hard pressed to ever get an invite unless you are a rogue, DH, or hunter.

I’ve found that the meta slaves are concentrated at this semi-hardcore level, and it is actually less of a problem as you go up in difficulty, until you hit the very upper levels (i.e. +30 keys or top 10 raid guilds).

I think the key here is that a significant portion of the player base is convinced they like the current implementation of covenants. I’m pretty sure anyone who has tried them on beta has learned to hate them, but most of these covenant supporters are not the people beta testing.

I see a high chance they pull the ripcord after a month because people will begin to realize this system is not nearly as fun in practice as it is on paper. I just hope they pull the ripcord before significant damage is done to the raiding scene…I don’t think many raiders have much patience left after BFA, so Blizz better be ready to pull that ripcord real fast if stuff hits the fan.

No matter how many times you say that doesn’t make it true.

No.

I’ve said again and again it’s not that. You won’t accept that though because it doesn’t fit your agenda.

:yawning_face: