To the people who are anti #pulltheripcord

You missed the point. If you would be expected to have them all ready to go you would also be expected to have a high vers set etc. That’s my point. But very few people expect that. No one outside the cert high end who would play 4 of a class anyway for the rest of us we will be expected to do as much as we want.

It’s funny how you automatically assume I’m a “hardcore” player just because I don’t want player power tied to the covenants. I barely do any M+ and I don’t do Mythic raids at all, so please stop putting everyone into the same basket.

People who support #PullTheRipcord aren’t just min/maxers or hardcore raiders. We are also casuals.

Even if it’s just half of that I have to memorize, I still dread it. I’d like to be able to stick with and focus on one covenant, but I don’t think that will be allowed if the ripcord was pulled. Much in the same way I get dirty looks and insults today for not being able to play Fire.

1 Like

That will still happen with their system though.
In the preach ion interview ion said that people wouldn’t be discriminating because it was a more perminant choice. That’s the goal. (paraphrased)
He also said that the most perminant choice we have is class. It can’t be changed in the shop etc.

People discriminate on class all the freaking time!
Open lfg and you will probably see the words “resto druid” “rogue” maybe “dh” or “prot war” .
Class was his chosen example of a perminant choice but it has been discriminated on from day 1. He debunked his own argument.

If you don’t think that people will discriminate based on covenant then Idk what to say.

If it would actually create the gaming eutopia they are wanting then sure it has its merits. But when the only thing that we can never change about out characters is already discriminated on daily I just don’t see it happening.

You’re a stupid argument.

I think they will discriminate, but at least I have the excuse of not switching, if it’s impossible. I just don’t think I could handle memorizing four different combinations of covenants, soulbinds and conduit.

Just the way you haven’t memorised mage and rogue and hunter and dh? It’s the same thing as now.
How does the having the excuse of not switching" for you work now? You join a group and they ask you to swap to fire for combustion. You say I don’t play fire and they put the key in? That wouldn’t change

Or you say you don’t play fire and they kick you. That could change if you wanted to learn the other ones but with their current system you don’t get to make that choice. Daddy blizzard made it for all of us.

I only play one class and one spec for the most part. I find it difficult to deviate like most folks are able to do. For me it not a matter of wanting to play fire, it’s just a matter of me always doing badly with it every time I try.

If the rip cord was pulled, there would be that inherent stigma with me not wanting to switch. With locked covenants there would at least be that little excuse to not have to switch, allowing me to focus on just one covenant.

Thanks for proving stupid arguments come from stupid people.

1 Like

Do you see how that is exactly the same as my situation in raid though. I can’t think of a reason to take a resto druid to a mythic raid and yet I still got my ce.
It already happens with the only thing that can never be changed so what makes anyone think it won’t happen with the thing that can be (inconveniently) changed.
It won’t fix it

This x1000s

Look up the Internet of Beefs. It explains the psychology of exactly what’s going on. This is sad and pathetic as hell, and the only way to fix it is to cut off the rotten branch before it festers further.

Bellular, Preach, Asmongold, all 3 of them need to be banned. Bottom line. There’s no way around it. They have brainless mooks running around social media being infested with a mind virus. Rage, both in and out of the game that’s directionless being kicked up into anger about x or y speculation in the game’s design philosophy.

This isn’t about covenants anymore. Preach, Bellular and Asmongold are kicking up a civil war in game. There’s no way around a certain set of players needing to be cut from this game before the whole thing burns down and becomes so toxic absolutely everyone leaves REGARDLESS of the design philosophy going forward.

There are already a festering group of mooks in this internet of beefs on this forum that are displaying this behavior. The only question is when is Blizzard going to put their foot down on this. There’s no appeasing them, there’s no making it better. Boom, 1 2 3 preach bellular and asmongold gone. That’s the only way to fix this.

1 Like

Spit back? Forget that I am going to punch back, and hard.

Lol good one

Oh god you are actually being serious!?

2 Likes

I can’t say you’re wrong, but banning them for this reason without all the backlash in the world would be impossible.

Ya know, that would actually fix nothing. Sure information might take longer to get to players but the issues that exist would still be there.

If me saying i go with the pulltheripcord people would stop the 87654 posts about it then sure im for pulltheripcord at this point.

#PulltheRipcord

the idea of all players being forced into a path i like, what i do not like is the fact the paths have abilities locked to them, i feel all the covenants should be only cosmetics and maybe a piece or 2 of loot choices that will be replaced once raids start.

pull the ripcord needs to happen due to the fact abilities and identity of the classes are too important to pve and pvp that this “choice” is not even a “choice” when players will be forced to take cookie cutter cov’s or be blacklisted from pugging.

with that being said, im going a DK main, and choosing the House of Kyrie, 100% the reason being i know blizz will not pull the cord for 2-3 patches, and i feel Kyrie is considered weak for DK’s and i know blizz will nerf NF on 2nd week of release.

bookmark this

They could just scrap borrowed power like a smart person.