To the people who are anti #pulltheripcord

Just watched a Skill Capped guide on Covenant abilities, and holy crap. This being tied into your Covenant decision is horrible. Honestly, I wish they’d straight up delete this system at this point.

I don’t think I am. Diversity comes from hard choices. Diversity doesn’t exist when you can easily swap to whatever is the most optimal choice.

If this were true people would only play the #1 class for the content they want to do. And thats fine. I have no problem with those who want to reroll for fotm. But many don’t conform to fotm.

But every person playing m+ gravitates to the same cookie cutter build for the content they’re doing for their spec. The more choice, the less diversity that exists.

If they don’t pull the ripcord you will see Warlocks from each covenant doing heroic raiding. If they do every warlock will swap to whichever covenant is best for raiding because why not?

In general they do.

A great example of this is that over the entirety of Mythic Nya’lotha, there are over 94000 BM Hunter parses.

There are only 500 for Sub Rogues.

“But those are specs, not classes!”.

There are about 40k Druids and 36k Rogues. So those two classes combined, even as DPS, don’t come close to how many BM hunters exist.

The next highest specs after BM are Fire Mages (66k parses), Havoc DH’s (62k parses), Destro locks (49k) and then finally Boomkins at 33k parses to round out the top 5.

No it doesn’t. Diversity comes from equal choices.

When both Fury AND Arms are good, there’s reason to play each spec. When BM is overpowered and SV/MM are garbage, there’s no reason to play anything but BM.

That’s why Arms and Fury have near equal amounts of play in Nyalotha (22.4k vs 23.8k parses), while BM Hunters have 94.2k parses, and SV Hunters have like 800. (MM Hunters have about 2k).

They do that because one choice is just objectively better than the other.

At this point in balance, every Warlock will be playing Necrolord regardless of whether you pull the ripcord or not. It’s just head and shoulders above any other Covenant.

Pulling the ripcord allows for the workarounds and corner cases, where I can play Venthyr to try something new to test stuff, and switch back to Necrolord for sitautions where I know it’s better than anything else.

Now that’s not to say there won’t be contrarians, like I pointed out before, BM is only 97.2% of the Hunter population in Mythic Raiding. So technically MM and SV players exist.

Its the complete opposite. If they pull the ripcord, people will be able to experiment and you might see a few builds. If they lock it in you will see far less of this.

1 Like

There will always be one that performs best and every gm/guide will tell everyone to go that route regardless. When you can easily swap to what is optimal with no punishment, everyone will swap to what’s optimal and it will be expected. People don’t generally expect warlock mains to swap to fire mages. They do somewhat expect arcane mages to swap to fire and they absolutely expect them to pick the optimal talents.

Yes, this exists due to imbalance but imbalance is an inevitable

Sure I respect that it might not be important to you.

Going by what you’ve told me though;
‘Blizzard is going to throw away those abilities at the end of the expansion so who cares if they’re locked. They’re just temporary. ‘

At the end we’ll only keep our achievements, mounts and mogs.

Maybe…just maybe…there’s going to be a problem with the game, we can see there’s going to be a problem and want to squash the problem before it goes live.

No one is going to change anyone else’s mind on this note. I’ve already made up my mind on two of my possible mains covenant wise. Are they the best? Don’t know, but to me seem to be the most fun.

I am also okay if you don’t invite me to your groups if what I chose is going to cost you a sweet 1% dps increase. If I want to run a a banner slave, I’ll run it in Guild Wars 2 not WoW.

This isn’t about optimization, it’s about being told no and you don’t like it.

2 Likes

It’s cute people actually think it’s going to be this low.

Good for you though lol.

I haven’t even got the chance to play Shadowlands now so how would I know if I even like it or not?

1 Like

Blizzard knows people don’t like, they have been told multiple times, they’re not changing it.

Making 1000 threads isn’t going to change that.

I find the borderline asthma attack inducing hysteria about this just as cute. I’m sure we will get multiple YouTube videos from all the usual non devs soon to whip y’all up good and frothy

First of all this is the only post on the topic I have made so I’m not spamming it. Secondly blizzard have said if enough backlash is heard they will change it hence the vocal backlash.

1st, it’s not about how many YOU alone have made, it’s about the 100s of them out their on the forums already, yours is no different than anyone elses, having centralized feedback is BETTER than 100 different threads.

2nd, they didn’t say they would “change it if there was enough backlash” they said they would change it if it didn’t work. That’s still up in the air as it hasn’t launched yet.

So what about the actual game devs who have made videos, reports, tweets and all the rest stating this is a bad idea? Going into great detail as to why?

I think of it like this right, I have quite a few memories across the various expansions that being in a guild that pushed progression, or at least wanted to attempt to be at the top of the charts on our realm wasn’t a very fun experience as a player. I remember I had been beast mastery all through out BC, though I mostly did dungeons and never raided back then, decided to pick up raiding in Wrath.

I loved BM hunter, but I’d soon come to find out that my guild wanted me to play survival if I wanted to raid with them. I felt sad, because I’d been so attached to BM and thematically loved the playstyle of it. However, to even be optimal as a BM hunter in raiding (back then) you had to literally stack strength gems since your pets scaled more off strength than agility, and even then you were still going to pull in lower dps than what you would with survival and marksmen.

Luckily enough, when I swapped to survival I thought the spec was pretty fun overall. The visuals were pretty nice, lock and load was very satisfying when it procc’d. So this swap wasn’t too hard on me.

Fast forward to Warlords, the guild I was in wanted me to play demonology lock. I was affliction at the time, and if I remember correctly, it wasn’t too far behind demo around the time of BRF. However they insisted, so I tried to make the swap and the entire spec was just, entirely unfun for me. I didn’t find it enjoyable at all, I found the spec in general to be very boring thematically. Like yay I get to turn into big purple Illidan… so fun. Demon bolt was probably my favorite part about it though because the visual effect was pretty badass.

Point is. I don’t want to be denied for playing my class the way I want to play it. Sure, I research extensively for my class and spec, choose talents and enchant for optimization but being forced to play something that I don’t find fun just for the sake of a slight edge?

This way, I can be free in picking my covenant based on thematics alone without the worry of “Alright so on this boss, swap to Venthyr cuz reasons”. Talent swapping is already enough of a chore if it means having to keybind something that I don’t have any muscle memory for. I don’t look forward to the day that channel demonfire becomes viable. I’m running out of ideas for keybinds.

1 Like

But you are free to play the class/spec you want in your story you stuck with a guild and players who wanted you to change. You could play with another guild or players who dont they exist. You broke to peer pressure thats on you not the game

anyone who is anti-#pulltheripcord needs to do the following unsub/uninstall wow, go load up some single player carebear game and play that.

do you people understand what we are trying to do is have blizz make the game more open and that way even you casuals won’t get booted from doing noob dungeons. cuz at this point that’s what’s going to happen if blizz doesn’t #pulltheripcord. we’re already at a point where a number of classes i wont be taking with me in raids/mythic runs. just adding this bs into it will mean more people won’t get to do content.

1 Like

100% I would rather do an expansions worth of noob dungeons with new players than do 1 with a player with your terrible, elitist attitude. Also, if you are going to come here and act like a mythic raider at least post on a non throw away toon

1. your alliance lol
  2. enjoy doing noob content then
  3. sadly my gm is a sjw thus why i post on this character i’ll change back to my horde character once me and others get control of the guild
  4. myu attitude is what more people need to have. no more hand holding and the like you sink or swim and blizz isn’t helping right now by not doing what 95% of the community is telling them to do