To the people who are anti #pulltheripcord

Nothing solid? Just conjecture?

I’ve yet to see one compelling or logical argument in favor of keeping covenants locked. I wish someone could give me an answer other than “because I said so”.

1 Like

But will group leaders actually be able to see the covenant you picked?

Yeah, if RIO can track essences, corruptions and azerite traits, it’ll probably take em like 5 minutes to add a covenant tracker.

Should? Nope. That is up to them if that’s something they’re interested in.

On top of which they’ll have time of resources of other players experiences with the covenant or class. That’s already informing my decisions.

The covenant ability is not going to make or break my ability to tank or heal for that matter.

And if they don’t, they won’t even know that some of the covenant class abilities change based on spec and some don’t. Nobody respecs every two hours while leveling because it doesn’t make any sense to do it.

It won’t break it but it could be the difference between timing a key and not.

They have the choice to, in addition to looking up what the different covenant skills are for their different specs if they so desire.

Between every other factor that could cause a group to time a key and fail it just a single players covenant choice means very little.

It would be more important to have a winning composition, which would take into account covenants too but so much more than that.

1 Like

If I told you that you walked past a bush today and in that bush there was a case hidden with a million dollars in it and you had the choice to randomly stop, look in the bush and take the money, would you agree with me that you had a choice?

Do you think think a person can choose to do something even if they don’t know the option even exists?

I’m not sure you get that some of these covenants could be a 20-30% difference in dps. One player’s choice could very well mean the difference between success and failure. What if your covenant choice could have saved a wipe if you had the better tanking ability?

1 Like

Going by your example, yes a very unlikely chance.

Except in practicality this bush with the money is being broadcasted to everyone and there’s more than enough suitcases for everyone. You can even stop before selecting a covenant, copy your character to the PTR and test them out if you want.

Valathar if the choice of a covenant is going to make your class deal up to 30% more damage, do you think that’s likely something they’ll keep in live?

I’m not losing sleep over a mob pack that I might have been able to drop by being a night elf. Nor does it seem much of us as Horde do.

1 Like

Absolutely. Did you play BFA? The systems stacked up to 50-75% of player power.

1 Like

How many people do you realistically think even look up details about the new expansions, let alone participate on the PTR?

BfA power systems all combined =/= covenant ability.

Those that care about them wanting to try them out.

You pick the one you want, if it is good then good but if it is bad, well, tough luck, I suppose? I’m going by what is more thematic and more my alley for transmog, if it is the best or worst, I don’t really care.

I mean, people are starting to catch on that picking the Alliance covenant was awful after how many years?

1 Like

Slippery slopes and all.

I’m not sure if you just purposefully tried to dodge my question by answering something I did not ask?

How have I dodged your question? Were you actually looking for a number? Even Blizzard doesn’t do those anymore.

A guess of the portion of the playerbase that goes out of their way to research or test stuff before they do it on live would be enough.

My point is that there are A LOT of people who go into new expansions and patches completely blind.

Yes and I’m telling you, they’ll be fine just as they have been before.

In our discussion I’ve already mentioned alternatives here that work out well. Them being as talents with a visual adjustment would match covenant aesthetic or servers with the option and some without.

I think it’s more important we look for solutions to assist both sides.

Not necessarily. Disagree.

Agree.

2 Likes