To the people who are anti #pulltheripcord

Yea…sure it is.

Technically speaking, yes, both sides come down to: I want it my way, not yours. So, both sides throw tantrums. But, it’s better because the people on the PTRC team also don’t view it as childish. It really is, as you are wanting to play the way you want to play, so yes it is childish and selfish.

You can just hide behind other players being free argument whereas the other side cannot, but the other side doesn’t deny their selfishness, though, either.

I think that the idea that we’re the universal answer for everything play a big role in this mindset, everyone would want the Universe Savior on their sides so they need to accept us because we didn’t wrong them.

I do think maybe Bliz has something planned on the upcoming patchs that might affect that, also we did save the universe but not alone, so there’s another people to help the other covenants, we’re especial but not that much.

And I also think the major problem is the abilities that comes with it, not the fact you need to re-do everything 4 times, but the fact that some people won’t choose the preferred covenants because they’re power-hungry

I wonder how many replies it will be before this thread gets locked down, too, like the others. There have been prob at least a dozen threads like this I’m sure, and I know of a few that actually got locked.

6 of my replies have been flagged when in not one of them I have been offensive to someone so who knows. It appears people don’t want to have the conversation

Are you at a LAN party? Who’s looking at you?

Sometimes, or when they do people just don’t seem to either be able to communicate their opinions clearly or people don’t care to/want to listen. I am of both options, usually, as I will listen, but, I have my own viewpoints whether I agree or disagree with people. People also end up resorting to calling others names. I do this, too, like when I call people brats, spoiled or childish for acting in a manner that is that way.

Because the covenants operate more like military forces.

If a alien species threatened the life of earth - the military forces from and within each country wouldn’t care if a “Hero” from another planet (ala Superman) came to help us and hopped around using the technology from each of the military forces around the world. Because our world and existence is in danger and overcoming the over arching threat is more important than some stranger being loyal to any given country when it’s in everyone’s best interest to equip them with whatever necessary to defeat the bad guy.

This is precisely how the RPG argument looses all validity.

The big point is, been offended by those names is an option.

Also, so far in this post I’m yet to see something offensive in any manner, and honestly in the forum there’s other examples of this.

1 Like

I agree with you, but I also think mayb Bliz didn’t reveal it all or they’ve something yet to develop that changes that.

We don’t know everything, they do.

Except that players being able to swap easily doesn’t get prevent me playing the game “my way”.

The opposite isn’t true.

Their way allows both sides to play how they like.

A restrictive way punishes one side and doesn’t even give those of us who enjoy to RP any tangible benefit.

1 Like

But they do, you see this all of the time. It’s a power play, as military would 100% try to get it looking like THEY did the work, each branch trying to become the hero itself or the reason for the hero to win.

In Superman, yeah, a lot of people looked up to him, but how did the government react to him even though he was saving their lives? They wanted to study him and try to make him a labrat/experiment on him. Why not just let him be? Because they wanted that power for themselves. Doesn’t matter whether it’s to protect humanity, protect themselves, control others, etc. They were power hungry.

It’s the same way in all of the hero tales, it’s also the same way IRL with a lot of things. Yes, the fact that the hero won and we survive is a massive advantage, but, it will 100% not stop people from plotting or trying to take advantage of situations like that; as that is in our very nature. That is the darker side of creatures.

Covenants are not different even if they operate more like a military. In fact, that just means they absolutely will not like it if they do not get the credit for their specific branch.

Because I’m vindictive about being rejected from mythic + pugs and I feel covenants will be the great equalizer that finally forces people to ignore how bad I am at the game

That’s not true when a major thread is right at your face… the enemy of your enemy becomes your ally really easily if there’s no major negatives and with the current information that we’ve, they’re not, so with the information we’ve so far the view that they’re all allies make sense.

1 Like

For the most part I’m like you I have my own opinions but am happy to listen to others. I try not to insult for an opinion I may say that I personally think it’s selfish or silly ect ect but not directly call the person that

You’re still staying with them even though you could easily choose to swap. That’s why it’s a special thing, not because you’re legally bound to them.

1 Like

Yes, but how many people WOULD do that? The answer is most likely hardly any.
Not calling people out here or anything, but if anyone had a lover, that lover said to you:

“You may sleep around with any person you want, date anyone you want, do anything with them anytime you want.” How many people would take advantage of this and sleep around? A bunch more than you think. Though I’m sure half of the reason if you didn’t…would be because you’re quite sure this is a test and you don’t want to fail, but, assuming it was not and was 100% safe/fine with that person…how many would do it? I’d wager a lot more than 50%.

A lot do. And it has no impact on the ones that don’t.

I really hate the people who say ‘‘how does it affect you?’’ Its a non-argument.
Guess what, game design affects everyone. Stop acting like psychology isn’t a major factor in game design.

1 Like

The sleeping around thing actually affects us all. So, you hear of stories being told by media and other outlets, saying / painting certain sexes/genders etc in different colors. Articles that paint this could very well affect you, as it could be the reason that the person you talked to today doesn’t like you.

Either way, everything effects us all in one way or another whether we realize it or not. It also may not give a big effect, but, psychology effects everyone, all the time. If you know it, you’ve got a major advantage over people who do not know it, kinda like a mythic geared raider competing against someone in LFR or normal gear.

It’s also why games like this are majorly successful.