To the people who are anti #pulltheripcord

No, you wouldn’t be forced to do anything. You’ll do just fine in your preferred content difficulty with any ability. I can see you’re doing just fine maining frost.

Why? What benefit does it provide?

I would be expected to switch from time to time and I’d get weird looks at best, downright hostility at worst if I refused. Just as it is now because I can’t play Fire.

Why can’t we choose to go from paladin to monk? It’s the same concept. You choose something, stick to it. I don’t like wishy washy stuff. I already hate that talents let you do that. Gear is fine, but talents already goes against this, but I don’t want another system to be basically more talents, even if it’s basically more talents with their abilities. I just want permanence. I like things like that.

1 Like

Fixed it for you.

1 Like

And you think that won’t happen with locked covenant abilities because?

Because no switching is expected if we can’t switch.

Permanence. Also, if it were up to me there would not be any systems like this in the first place. No discussion would have even needed to take place because I would not design an expansion like they have been where the system is there only for the expansion and goes away.

I would bring it back to regular gear is gear and nothing more. But, yeah, I like permanent stuff.

Wow has 0 permanence though as a game so why add it now. Can swap my spec/talents freely, can reroll another class/can faction change?

Very true. We would be totally justified in asking for this right now.

Why can’t I become a rogue when I want?

We already do this we log out of our paladin and log into our monk

Not even close. You’re comparing a class choice, something that has always been in the game to a borrowed power system that will be trashed at the end of this expansion. Not even in the same ballpark.

Then choose one and stick with it yourself.

But WHY? You’ve told me what you want but not the why. You want it permanent just for the sake of being permanent? I have to say, not a compelling argument.

Yeah but that is a different character. You can do this already with covenants. Why would you need them unlocked in this regard?

I value loyalty and permanence too - and I plan on doing so with the covenants.

But that permanence doesn’t have to be forced on everyone.

If we value the idea of permanence, we can still do so.

Anyone else that swaps around won’t matter. In 99.9% of cases, we won’t even see or know that others are swapping. But we’ll know that we’re sticking with our choice.

Then make your choice and stick with it.

Wanna do it with my main that I’ve been working on for years.

Because now instead of doing the work for each class you now have tondo it for each class 4 times and you do not have enough slots in char select to do so

Apples and oranges. Not even the same concept.

Well I like that you’ve put forward two good propositions. I like your balancing idea pretty well.

I’m sorry to the other folks that have responded to me. I went to bed and in the morning I see 18 replies (which I probably can’t address them all).

That question was more meant towards the fact that you’re getting “weird looks at best, downright hostility at worst if I refuse”. This will still happen if your choice happens to be “wrong”, with the only difference being that you won’t be asked to switch, but outright not even considered into the group.

Just as I’m no expected to go re-roll rogue when I apply to M+ groups as a warlock. I just don’t get invited.