To the people who are anti #pulltheripcord

2 things.

1 - In TBC - power level wasn’t as finely tuned as it is today.

2 - The power level associated with Aldors/Scryers is NOWHERE CLOSE to what covenants provide.

1 Like

Probably because the most relevant part of that choice was picking whichever one didn’t kill you when you walked off their elevator (which I believe was Scryer?).

It determined which trinket you got, which is gear. Depending on your class/spec one was “more optimum”.

Yes, there were still gear pieces tied, which a lot of people block out. There’s always gear tied to vendors for rep in some way or another. One was better for casters, the other for melee I think.

1 Like

So one item, one item that was used the entirety of BC? It wasn’t replaced in later tiers? I honestly don’t know because I never made it to BC end game. I see some gear pieces that look to suit one class or another but they’re gear. I don’t think said gear pieces dictated the power of a class throughout the entirety of BC.

Inscriptions are shoulder-slot enchants that can be applied by anybody to their own armor. Both factions’ greater inscriptions carry the same stat types, but give higher values to one stat. Aldor items tend towards damage, healing, attack power and dodge. Scryer items tend towards Crit rates, MP5 and defense.

Also enchant things, too. Crafted stuff was also there as well.

1 Like

One or two slots of rep gear is literally not even comparable to the laundry list of stuff that Covenants give you.

That’s because you’re not registering what this did for you back then and comparing what it does for you now. You’re using now to gauge then, which is not the correct way to gauge them or compare the system.

Nevertheless, gear is gear and whether it got outdated or not, there was no catch up mechanic then for gearing like there is now. You had to go back to the beginning and gear things up from start to finish.

However, only the Scryers currently offer an Alchemist recipe. Also, professions played a much bigger part than we realize, too.

1 Like

And?

Pick your covenant or pull the ripcord, you have your choice.

BC was also like 13 years ago.

If you gotta go back that far for a “meaningful choice”, maybe have a little self-reflection on why Blizzard hadn’t repeated that model over the course of over a decade.

I’m the one that brought up BC, and it wasn’t to make a point about “meaningful choice”. I was pointing out that people go into hysterics now over things they didn’t before.

Ya mean because their target audience wanted more convenience because of jobs, families, a life, etc.? Yeah, things usually get better. Things get better, then the natural thing is that the playerbase/audience gets spoiled because they do not understand / remember / know the road that stuff had to take in order to reach this point.

Like a child who does not know of the concept of money and why it is important.

1 Like

Id argue to that point. In BC with those choices there weren’t prior expansions with borrowed power systems that had expansion lasting impacts that affected a class actually going into the next expansion.

Because the impacts on gameplay is vastly different.

Perfect, lets ruin the gameplay experience for many players to let them remember the the road we had to take to get here. Brilliant.

1 Like

The gameplay implications of Scryer vs Aldor was still not even a fraction of what Covenants are. No trinket, or crafting recipe, no matter how good, comes close in relevance to stuff like Class/OH abilities as well as Conduits, Soulbinds or whatever.

It’s a completely different beast.

Or maybe it’s just a crappy system for an MMO.

People are going to gravitate towards whatever is the best regardless of how much you try and make it a “meaningful choice”.

Not really great comparison considering how much bigger the impact is. I can add significant mobility with a covenant, which fixes one of the biggest problems of my class. On top of that I’ll get another ability too.

Nothing from Aldor/Scryer was even close.

It’s still mostly hyperbole. Pick a covenant, they all have upsides and downsides. Pick the one you think has the biggest upside for you and move on with your life.

If you just can’t get past it emotionally, exercise your choice to #pulltheripcord.

Ok, then pick that covenant. People are acting like they are being forced into a covenant that does nothing for them, and everybody else gets a covenant with OP abilities. The exaggerations are not helping the arguments.

Sure, it will either kinda stop the crying, but most likely not really, and those who cannot stand it will leave. From a business perspective, a terrible idea, but from the player perspective “only the strongest will survive.” Yeah, if you don’t like it, leave.

So, question for everyone in support of this; and I am asking you all about this

So, what is meaningful to you all? How do you know it is meaningful? What represents fun to you guys?