To the people who are anti #pulltheripcord

also legendary’s we will be trapped with after they nerf the good ones we all go for first.

RIP Demo locks damn. lol Blizzard couldn’t even design one Covenant ability with you guys in mind.

This is what I mean when I say people just want their way and that’s it. I presented a few possible solutions and still.

Your solution just makes the problem worse. It doesn’t help people who’s classes will constantly be in a state of needing to switch for certain content but will greatly benefit classes that don’t. I literally only have 1 good Covenant while mages have to pick between 3. How is that fair?

I mean I’m all for it, Free damage for sticking with a Covenant I’m forced to anyway because the ability is the only good choice? Sure have at it. Give it another 50% damage buff lol.

1 Like

Oh ok, so you are min maxing to the extreme, having multiple sets for each spec so you can minmax each boss… You don’t have to do this… it is not helping you in anything. You are 6/12 mythic, you are probably wiping to mechanics not for lack of dps.

I think you are overrating the dps increase from the “right piece” compared to a random one. This is a very common trend in wow, people think they need every bit of dps they can get, while at the same time wiping on xanesh for doing the soccer wrong.

Yeah, dps gear is sometimes useless for tanking. Not really something surprizing.

Exactly my point, you don’t need to do this, you are making the game a chore for nothing.

1 Like

It’s not min maxing. I have 3 sets of gear for 3 specs. Because for some reason it costs insane amounts of gold to change passives. How is that fun?

Oh boy, sure is immersive that any time I want to play Frost I either have to farm multiple sets of gear or spend literal thousands of gold to play the spec as it is meant to be played.

4 Likes

They have no lore in the fashion that you folks seem to think. They are not competitors they are allies. You literally have emissaries defending and helping other covenants besides your main one.

2 Likes

It is “If Blizzard doesn’t force me to commit, then I can’t commit myself”.

5 Likes

This is not an azerite problem, this is a “thing that is easy to balance and is obviously unbalanced is not being balanced”.

1 Like

okay so why do you think Covenants will be balanced?

1 Like

We want this game played by everyone in a manner that’s consistent with how WE want it to be played.

If people want to deviate from that, then they should be punished. Them getting punished is enjoyable to us. Simple as that.

If you want to have 3 specs on peek performance you will probably have to deal with some annoyances like having to have extra gear. There is nothing wrong with this.

That is an odd thing to say. Do you not play multiple specs? Azerite gear is spec locked unless you pay gold. I don’t even do high end content and my paladin and druid both has two sets of Azerite gear for their off specs. It is not min-max, it is that many azerite powers don’t even work in other specs.

5 Likes

Yes. That is the issue with the systems Blizzard designs.

Because balance is subjective and covenants offer more than just a dps number. I for example chose my covenant from the start and am choosing a class around that choice.

I think there should be a seperate class talents NPC that was given all the class abilities from each covenant. However they are so strong that you can only learn and use one at a time. Pick one and have a cooldown for the day to prevent over switching.

No system can work when one choice is 3 times more powerful then the second place. What you need to do is to complain about that and not about the system itself.

1 Like

Absolutely correct. Why do you think Covenants will be any different?

1 Like

They don’t tho, what does a Covenant add to the game play besides the cool down and soul binds? The mount? irrelevant. The transmog? Nobody is going to wear it cause everyone will be wearing it. The lore? Blizzard didn’t even design the story around the Covenants being locked. Not picking the best Covenant numerically for your class is just kinda dumb. you’re gimping yourself for no reason. Also balance is not subjective at all. Death’s Due, Condemn, Decimating Bolt, Skeletal Mage, Aura of Seasons. These are game changing abilities that compete with duds. okay maybe not so much the skeletal mage one, it just has really good synergy with only one spec and that annoys the hell out of me and I don’t even play mage.

Because a lot of the playerbase have been asking for meaningful choices for quite a while and now they’re getting exactly that
It’s kinda dangerous to use the buzzwords that clickbait influencers use, because you might get what you want.
and I actually like it, I want a meaningful choice, not something I can change to do x% extra dps, an extra couple of talents aren’t exciting or new for me.