To the people who are anti #pulltheripcord

Ghandi beat his wife.

1 Like

Welcome to GD. There’s cookies somewhere.

All I’m hearing when you spew insults at “try-hards” is the exact petty selfishness you supposedly are against. The only argument I’ve heard to keep covenants locked the way they are is because some people want other people to suffer. The “try-hards” want everyone to be free and have options; they are not dead set on taking away other people’s enjoyment of the game.

5 Likes

Makes sense. Y’know what happens when you get too friendly with Ghandi in Civ. Same rule applied in real life.

I mean personally I wasn’t there. Were you?

Well again, covenant swapping is already in place.

You can leave a covenant and join another whenever you want, and the only thing that you have to do to go from Covenant A to Covenant B is talk to an NPC and go through some dialogue options.

But if you want to go from Covenant B back to Covenant A, that’s where there’s a delay in the form of a quest, since you have to prove your worth. So it is possible to swap if you really want to. You just can’t do it at will like talents.

I like the idea of choosing the group that best aligns with my characters views and outlooks on life. It is such a cool idea. Then getting all of the bonuses that come along with it. I am very, very much open to loosening the restrictions, but I’d much prefer it comes in something like the 9.1 patch, with a story reason: “All of the Covenants have put aside their mistrust to work together, sharing their power”.

However, this is because I just like playing heals. I am sure if you play multiple specs, you’d be locked out of a better ability for another spec just because you chose something for your main one. If they made up an excuse like “Your soul fragmented upon entering the Shadowlands, each spec chooses a covenant” it’d probably be alright.

All of that, plus it pisses people off, which is neato.

If you’re doing content high enough that it would be a great benefit to swap then you’d definitely be all for this change. Since you’re against freely swapping, you’d be safe to pick whatever covenant you want and stick with it. I don’t think anyone will kick you out of the RP circle for choosing a certain covenant…

A Fist Weapon is never a permanent weapon that has a colossal 10-15% difference in its favor over a Wand.

2 Likes

Yes, and we’d like that setup changed. Thus the #pulltheripcord movement.

1 Like

Blizzard are determined to crash into a brick wall.

Why should we deprive them of the lesson of failure?

1 Like

The covenants don’t have actual issues with each other, they actively help each other actually and you do this in your covenant campaigns and in world quest.

2 Likes

Ha, look the story is pretty much written. 9.1 open power swapping, lets go :joy:

We are just randomly ghosting the other covenants that we don’t pick for no reason.

1 Like

The “negative consequences” in this case are player constructed vs the game actually punishing you. If players were less wishy washy based on what is perceived to be the BIS it wouldnt be an issue.

Blizzard was attempting to set it up so that in any given raid there would be benefits on one fight for one covenant and benefits on another for another covenant…thus encouraging you to take 2 people one from each covenant…not have you change underwear because you crapped yourself over not being BIS.

The whole lore behind the shadowland covenants is that each covenant has a different job and people upon death are placed there based upon their deeds in life. Considering we don’t die we are an anomaly and so actively helping all the covenants in an issue they all share.

If Blizz could actually balance one of these borrowed power systems, they would achieve that goal. Can’t really blame players for trying to make the best of what Blizz puts out (over strenuous objections) every xpac now.

1 Like

The issue is at the moment there are clear covenants which are better or BiS from a dps stand point. Not making it much of a choice for some people. Then add on soulbinds, conduits, conduit rankings. Dungeon buffs. It’s a crazy balancing act that isn’t good game design

1 Like

I know why. By offering a choice you are taking away the “it’s not my fault defense”. Ion spoke about this in reguard to legion lego’s/ artifacts. Basically the community accepted most people (with bad spec’s/ lego’s) because they didn’t have much control over it. That is sort of what they are doing here. But since you can switch covenants this idea was shot before it even reached the gate.

With Blizzard’s menatality of making a best and worst for thing’s, they practically encorage people to min max, they just egg it on more and more with each passing day.

The left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing!

1 Like

Legendaries were RNG based. Covenants are an active choice.

People are more forgiving when it’s out of your control. The covenants are in our control so that forgiveness will not be as prominent.

2 Likes