To the people that play wow alone

Tbh, I would wish to play with folks more but with everyone doing there thing I wouldn’t ask,I feel pretty rude by doing so. My bro,use to play in the game but with poor eye sight and suffering from a stoke it’s too hard for him to play with me. But I’m a stubborn ole goat , so here i’m alone in Azeroth.

1 Like

i used to be like that , just farming raids and grinding content here and there , but it came to a point where it didn’t fulfilled me anymore , but it’s still fun from time to time

“Wait, slow down!” “I lost you, where’d you go?” “Hang on, phone’s ringing.” “Eh, I really would rather keep doing X…” “But I want to work on (other faction character)…”

Nope. I run at my pace, and I play in whatever zone on whatever faction doing whatever I want. And I only do group content with my guild, when I do it.

I play with my friends on occasions but whenever I wish to relax or relieve stress from gameplay alone, I heavily prefer the company of only myself.

Just so you know shadowlands will be more single player friendly than wow has ever been. It’s introducing a lot of single player RPG elements. A lot of people don’t like this and are complaining but I say to each their own

For a while, I was actually playing two MMORPGs concurrently – WoW and FFXIV.

Now, it’s pretty much down to just FFXIV… with a side of some single-player RPGs with some large & impressive worlds (and/or outstanding stories) which put WoW to shame.

To say WoW has fallen from grace in my books is an understatement.

I mostly play for mogs and since most of it is slathered in tentacles I’ve lost interest.

Plus Corruptions and 5 mask visions have turned me off BFAs endgame. Still semi ticked that I can’t casually play my hunter in epic bgs due to the ridiculous gearing curve.

Doing visions as a caster it’s a different kind of pain

i play alone in addition to doing mythic+ and lfr sometimes.

to me it’s like an exploration type rpg with group elements.

also i mean…i play dota and LOL…both team games but i play solo ranked.

which is the norm so…

i don’t play games to have friends, i play because i like the mechanics of the game and to master the mechanics.

and dota and wow have some of my favorite mechanics in video games…and are also some of the most complex and interesting games

Once is enough for me.

Sure i’ll give it a try ! , do you need to be from the same realm to invite people into your guild or it works cross-realm?

After dealing with the demands and needs of people in real life I enjoy my playing alone in WoW because I can do what I want to do. But I do help my friends in game when they need me if were on-line at the same time.

1 Like

I enjoy the game as much as I can. As a solo player, I am at best most times forced to play with others, but I don’t revolve my time playing around others schedules other than my own. I’ll raid when I want to, do keys when I want to, do arenas and bg’s when I want to. I play around how I want to and enjoy the content that’s available to me. I do have friends in game but for the most part I spend alot of time just doing me.

4 Likes

I rarely play with others. I feel it’s largely because I just don’t really care about being stronk/getting the best gear enough to be regularly social. I also have some hesitance towards stuff that involves people who expect a certain level of expertise, because I don’t feel like being yelled at. I’m not that good at video games. I’m a clicker. I’m broke, so I have subpar pc that I can’t always rely on, so I can’t use certain important addons, it freezes in the new raids sometimes, etc. I also really hate disappointing others, so I don’t wanna mess up anyone’s run. I don’t mind being at a lower ilvl so just as long as I can do what I love to do: quest, level alts, farm instances, craft, gather, create new outfits, battle pets, do achievements, collect stuff, and of course enjoy the story. Don’t get me wrong though, sometimes I do play with my few irl friends I have left on here. Actually, for almost 2 months straight I did n’zoth dailies with my childhood friend who still plays as well, and we finished our cloaks together- the most socializing I’ve ever done on this game yet! And she also helps me with my gear a little, helping me through mythic plus, etc. It can be fun, for sure, but after awhile I get a little fatigued of the repetition needed for end-game strength/good gear and wanna curl back up in my cave of solitude with my hunter pets.

3 Likes

No, not really, I just really enjoy game’s World. Like, WoW itself is pretty damn boring to me, with or without friends, but I just love the World of Warcraft so much that I keep playing.

2 Likes

Yes, I love the overall game. There are a few things I would change (scaling is the devil’s work) but none of them are based on the solo experience.

What I enjoy doing is questing, gathering, crafting, auctioning, exploring dungeons/raid (also solo), expansion features like the Argent Tournament, ect. The only thing I consistently don’t do is PvP and pet battles. I tried PvP while questing in Tol Barad and learned I am not serious enough for it.

As to why i enjoy it, I get to be a hero adventuring thru an amazing fantasy land during dark and dangerous times. It’s like being in your own storybook!

2 Likes

Been pretty much a solo player since my real life friends stopped playing at the end of wolk. Don’t find grouping up with a bunch of rando internet strangers to be a very pleasant experience most of the time. Chat with folks on occasion, but don’t consider those folks friends. Consider folks in a videogame world that I might chat with an acquaintance. Enjoy playing this game at my own pace, which is why I don’t do mythic content, or horrible visions.

1 Like

Depends if the realms are connected. If you post the guild and the realm you’re making it on in here, I’ll just make a character on that realm and message you. :slight_smile:

I usually play solo, i always have. And honestly i dont really find it a bad experience. It gives me the time to absorb the story and game completely.

although I’m also curious about what the game would be like with other people. Thats why I’ve been trying to get my boyfriend to play the game for months, but he’s literally the most stubborn person I’ve ever met (besides myself lol) :woman_facepalming:.

2 Likes

I’ve played mostly alone for 14 years, and I like it that way. In fact, I’ve found too many strangers needy, greedy for my attention, or creepy. WoW is MY time to decompress from real life demands. Many times I’ve tried socializing in guilds but the drama always drives me away (I could write a book on guild drama).

Do I find the game enjoyable? Yes, I’ve enjoyed thousands of hours of WOW; however, my enjoyment has been decreasing the past few years. My favorite times have been playing in vanilla, WotLK, Mop, and anytime I got to play wow with my husband.

Unfortunately, what I’ve found enjoyable in the past has changed into some things not so enjoyable now:

Professions - I use to be a professions junkie. I loved making things that other players found useful, and it was satisfying if it made people happy. In the old days I spent a LOT of time taking care to learn my craft, farm my own mats, and produce the goods - I’m sad to say that all ended with MoP. They’ve really ruined professions for me (thats another book I could write).

The auction house - long before the TSM addon, we sold things on the AH by hand. It was rewarding to sell things other people wanted. After the total automation of the AH (caused by TSM) its too cut-throat and its more frustrating than fun anymore.

Pet Battles - I’m a big fan of that whole feature of the game, and frankly the only reason I’ve logged into the game the past 3 expansions is because of my husband and Pet Battles. I love the Pet Battles but Its completely frustrating and demoralizing that I’ll never finish my collection of pets as many pets are locked behind systems that have nothing at all with Pet Battles in WOW (e.g. card game, Blizcon, other blizzard games, raids, RAF, etc…)

My subscription ends in October and I’m not sure I’ll renew because the game I fell in love with all those years ago is gone - not even “classic” is enjoyable.

tldr: WOW use to be enjoyable, not so much anymore. That makes me sad.

4 Likes