To the "Hardcore-Torghast-Lovers" Crowd

I think this is the beauty behind Ion and the Dev team’s post, they not only managed to capture what the casual players truly wanted out of Torghast as well as the hardcore players with Twisting Corrisdors. The changes will not drastically effect the upper layers either so it will still prove to be a challenge, this way all players are inclusive in Torghast content! In my opinion, the system is working as intended.

1 Like

It strikes again, quick everyone.

4 Likes

While I’m not a fan of the recent changes due to them making it impossible to solo for some classes, M+ and raiding are not fair comparisons. They are group content. Challenging solo content is something that’s been lacking in WoW for basically forever.

Torghast has the potential to fill that gap. It just needs to be tuned so that all classes can solo it with similar degrees of difficulty. It would be even better if they could get all the specs in line as well, but classes would be a start.

1 Like

There is a legit reason for this though, it’s because WoW is NOT a solo game in essence. It’s an MMORPG.

Its not a gear progression system…if it were I would agree…its a chore treadnill for soul ash that everyone really should run weekly no matter what just to experience legendaries…

Add a version of Torghast that scales to be crazy difficult and add gear progression…that makes sense for hard solo content… why should solo players have no hard core solo gear progression system?

If anything we should be angry Blizzard hasnt expanded Torghast into something more then an Ash grind.

Challenging solo content is solo dungeon running of current or one pack back content.

1 Like

The guy who runs mythic dungeons naked, now that’s a challenge. Any hardcore peeps down to try that? I’d watch it.

I hope he does Torghast naked one day. :rofl:

I think listing a recommended ilvl for each layer in the UI would alleviate any expectations of being able to complete each layer

2 Likes

“Dear players who enjoy this, stop enjoying it because I do not enjoy it. You should go enjoy something else that I approve of you enjoying instead, so that Blizzard is forced to change the thing you enjoy into something I enjoy.”

Sincerely, person who was elected to speak for everybody.

7 Likes

Probably would help a lot. Though I do think Hamstar makes a fair point on needing to do group content to gear up your ilvl on something marketed as solo content. Then again World Quests will reward high ilvl pieces as we progress through SLs and we now have raid BoEs going into the market. Idk, it’s a meh situation.

Recommended ilvl is something that would be nice though.

You will never please masochists. It’s never hard enough.

1 Like

Take off your gear and do it. That should be challenging.

1 Like

Thank you sir I’ll take that as a compliment :love_letter:

Also majority wins over the minority.

There are lower level layers for people who don’t want a challenge.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

What’s stopping you from just running it without gear on?

2 Likes

I don’t think there isn’t. Your torthast solo hard content just got bigger numbers is all. I heard a guy complaining that he just solo floor 8 and felt cheated by it becoming easier. Your content still exists just higher, floor 10? 16?

Torghast is a flat out failure for casual content. It does not reward gear so casual players need to do non-casual content to succeed in Torghast beyond weekly farming.

2 Likes

Weird take.

The whole argument of the definition of what a MMORPG is 15+ years old.
One side: MMO = grouping

Other side: MMO = lots of people online. Whether you group or not is up to you. There are other ways to be social, to interact with the larger community. Not everyone can/wants to guild/group. Time constraints/social anxiety/whatever.

For you. And, for others, but not for a crap ton of other people. That’s why there is so much variety in WoW, and to a greater extent in the more modern MMO’s like ESO, who understand that (like in life) there is a spectrum of players out there.

Remember Wildstar? With the raid or die marketing/game design/mentality? They failed.

Accessibility and choice are the key words here. Especially with an aging population of gamers.

2 Likes