To the "Hardcore-Torghast-Lovers" Crowd

This is not true, the appeal for folks is the legendary item effects and in Ion and the Dev team’s opinion, no one should be locked out of obtaining one so even before the changes the lower layers acted as a way for casuals to get it. The recent changes are not as bad as GD makes it out to be, the upper layers will still be challenging and the Twisting Corridor is there as well for those folks! All in all, this inclusive of all types of players. Where’s the issue in that?

How’s it weird? If you want hard content, make it harder. It’s within your control to do so.

Sorry I didn’t see who it was before I responded. Ignore my post and keep living in a reality that only you and Ion can see.

It’s a challenge as is. I know this is a hard concept to grasp for the “gotta have 29031847123 addons and read 50 guides to be successful at the game” crowd, but you can do something because you enjoy a challenge AND be there for the carrot on the stick.

You could also make yourself leave after 1 death and call it the “iron man run” or give yourself a timer and if you don’t make it, leave the instance.

I’ve never liked the idea that the only content allowed to be hard in the game is Mythic stuff.

Torghast shouldn’t be a slog but I’m all for it being challenging at the higher layers.

It’d also be nice if it was another choice for gear progression beyond just the legendary item. As it stands right now it was this weird solo friendly feature that you needed to do non-solo content to be able to get to the highest levels of.

Which of course then people complained and they’re nerfing it.

1 Like

Sorry but these changes made are wanted by a majority of players, the changes are not bad at all!

Nah. Make legendaries something players have to progress through difficult content for. The effort is what makes them legendary.

2 Likes

People seem to forget that Torghast already has a challenge mode called “Twisting Corridors”, the rest of Torghast has no reason to be a challenge.

3 Likes

So imagine if Torghast was an actual path for advancement for solo players? You could get a chance for a gear drop after the first clear of each level each week that allowed skilled solo players to not be sitting well below even unskilled group players?

You’re literally complaining about something you can control.

Or is this about wanting validation/pat on the head for being a special boy?

Except layer 8 is as high as it goes. So yeah the content doesn’t exist.

This is the only failure I see in Torghast. It really should reward some gear, kind of like Visions did. Especially since it does not scale to ilvl. For a casual player, once you get your legendary there is no reason to continue farming Soul Ash. Maybe if you could use Soul Ash to buy some gear?

Ideally, Torghast should either scale to ilvl (if it’s not going to reward gear) or stay as is and award gear. Layers 6+ are much harder than Mythics or Normal raiding.

1 Like

Where am I complaining?

Ah, General Discussion. Where stating an in-game feature is enjoyable is called “complaining”.

1 Like

This system is intended to reward players with skill and the gear to complete the highest layers, the changes made will not impact the difficulty by a lot. Folks will still be rewarded for their time spent, casual or hardcore!

Personally I liked how Horrific Visions handed out gear. If it worked like that just without the limit on how often you can run it weekly(still limit how often you get gear, though) I’d be overall pretty happy with it.

2 Likes

The expansion was more or less over when Visions were released.

It was enjoyable before they made it take an hour to clear one side.

The difference between raiding and solo torghast difficulty wise is that in solo torghast, my failure rests purely on me and my choices, while doing progression in the raid, is watching the same people die to the same mechanic over and over again for the 30th time while everyone else has to carry them. Oh and that player that constantly fails gets a bis trinket too. Torghast went from a once a week challenge to another chore to get currency like world quests.

It’s too much to ask for solo content period. All of the recent changes make it must better for groups than for the solo players this was supposedly meant for.

1 Like