To the few that want Cata, are you ACTUALLY excited for Cata or are you not ready to give up on your chars?

There’s nothing wrong with that, classic flew by and was a ton of fun. Sunk countless hours back into the re-releases of these expansions, and it certainly feels bad that the original trilogy is over and it’s now time to either stick on a dead era realm or continue onto dead cata.

But let’s not delude ourselves into thinking cata was a good expansion, it’s just a early/bad version of retail at this point so why bother playing it? Many wrath players aren’t going to move on, either they are stay on era (if offered), quit the game, or go back to retail where there’s player pop to do stuff.

8 Likes

What don’t you like about Cata?

4 Likes

Thats what wrath is. Wrath has RDF, seasonal patches, solo world explorations.

8 Likes

The leveling zones are a chore.

The majority of the dungeons are just inconvenient and tedious, with a few bangers tossed in the mix.

The first raid tier is alright. Firelands was cool. The rest was meh.

Without the benefit of being new content (and it lost subs even at that), I really think that without major changes/adjustments, Cata will be a quick flop.

3 Likes

Cata is likely the last classic game I’ll play. If it doesn’t work I’ll play a bunch of seasons of discovery until the new expansions are out…

Talk about delusion lol

Cata is closer to wotlk than retail. You are literally only saying that because low lvl zones got changed (cry about it), and they added LFR (completely ignorable) to the last raid tier. Thats it. You have nothing negative to say about gameplay or anything just a buch of literal nonsense.

Cata was excellent, especially the pvp, Im very excited to play it again.

18 Likes

You guys have collectively deluded yourselves into thinking the expansion with the worst PvP in WoW history and only 2 good raids in its entirety (Uld and ICC) is the best WoW has to offer.

Phase 1 cata is better than any WOTLK phase with better PvP and waaaaay better raid content.

16 Likes

Cata will beat Wrath

9 Likes

There’s like 7 people who care about classic PvP and quality of raid content is 100% based in opinion. It was good enough to retain what WotLK and previous expansions had generated, that much is fact. Better? That’s a personal decision.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to cata, but I’m not sure cata will beat wrath. Cata raids are going to be harder. And its not a coincidence that as soon as classic hit its first raid with hard modes, Ulduar, the population of era started to creep back up.

3 Likes

That is a real concern, i agree.

There is a massive collective cognitive dissonance towards both the quality of Wrath and cata. I blame mostly marketing and the fact humans are like orcs from 40k and will ignore fact for collective opinion.

2 Likes

I played Cata, I know what to expect…

2 Likes

What is the basis of quality in context here? The quality of development is better with every expansion. What retains a player’s attention? What generates new players? Cata didn’t offer much to do either of those. It just spun the wheels.

Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t think Wrath ultimately stands the test of time. It’s mostly a nostalgia trip which has quickly become a cesspool of tryhards trying to parse on content that was solved and perfected a decade ago. Cata just doesn’t offer anything better.

2 Likes

It wasn’t as popular as WotLK but it still had twice the current retail numbers by the end of the expansion.
That’s why we’re getting Cata Classic.

This is the dissonance. It has better raids with 10 mans becoming a mainstay so you can avoid pugging and brings WoW to the future when it comes to mechanics. PvP Wrath is unaminously known as dogwater amongst the arena vets and multi glads, Cata PvP is the polar opposite.

Wrath in many ways is only as fondly remembered as it is because of marketing and nostalgia. It doesnt offer anything unique outside of ending the WC3:FT storyline. WOTLK feels more like a segway between Classic and retail, than an expansion.

3 Likes

I don’t think thats part of the calculus. Blizzard (MS) is out to make a profit. Cata at the end had twice the current retail numbers. Now, its pretty obvious those numbers wont repeat. But Cata was more popular than current retail and that fact should not be ignored.

Yeah, but there wasn’t any competition. Now there are MMO competitors like FF14, and competitors for carve outs of the population, like PVPers left in cata to go play League of Legends.

1 Like

You are the one who is delude thinking Cata wasn’t a decent or even good expansion.

Cata was the last expansion to actually try to make part of its main content the leveling 1-60 by revamping nearly the whole world that was TONS of content, more than any expansion before Cata have ever seen add on top of it the Cata zones and etc and Cataclysm was a huge expansion.

Most class/spec were fun to play, PVP was fun, dungeon were more challenging and rewarding, gearing up was not a chore and etc it was a good expansion overall for both PVE and PVP.

The only down side is we ended up with Dragon Soul for far too long that’s it.

8 Likes

But have you considered all the youtube videos and reddit posts that say its bad and so now I believe it is also bad?

1 Like