To the few that want Cata, are you ACTUALLY excited for Cata or are you not ready to give up on your chars?

Disagreement isn’t dissonance. As I said, there are things every expansions to expand quality of life in many facets. As Wrath offered more from TBC, and TBC offered more from Classic. Each expansion will factually build from the previous. No argument. The argument is that the content was simply uninspiring, and while some QoL features helped sustain some of the population, it still experienced significant loss. What about this isn’t consistent with what happened?

If you ask me, all WoW PvP is dogwater, so I leave that opinion in the hands of the few people who care about classic PvP.

No disagreement. That’s pretty much what I had summarized in my previous response. I’m not saying, nor have said that WotLK is the peak of MMO gaming. What I’m saying is that Cata is meh (not awful, not great), and history has proven that once already. It happened.

1 Like

So true! Damn Cata was bad after all, I see my mistake now! D:

1 Like

Wrath is 1000% closer to Cata in its design than it is to vanilla.

12 Likes

I could agree with that assessment. For me personally p1 cata is one of my most fondly remembered times and Ive always been a PvP first WoW player and cata was one of the best expansions if youre a PvPer.

5 Likes

I’m going to try Cata – why not. I might like it better this time. I didn’t dislike it last time - it was ok but this round maybe better. I won’t know until I play. If I dislike it I can go do something else.

Sounds to me like some of you are all mad and hurt they released it. If you don’t want to play it, don’t…pretty easy. I’m going to give it a shot and see what goes.

6 Likes

I didn’t find wrath that fun this time around either, in fact all people do is raid log and GDKP to sell gold for RMT.

4 Likes

Why do you care? You do you.

I’m just not playing it. We asked for Classic over and over. We got the best 3. Not interested in anything past that. They say they are making changes based on community feedback but apparently community feedback telling them we don’t want it doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Been excited for cata since MoP came out, this has been a dream of mine.

Maybe… I’m pretty sure blizzard/MS wouldnt be putting it out if they thought they’d lose money on it.
But in the end it doesn’t matter. Either you’ll play or you won’t. Simple as that. The only way to prove blizzard wrong is to quit playing.

2 Likes

YOU HAD TO FAAAAALLLL TO LOOOSE IT allllaallalllllll

Grats dude have fun and enjoy :slight_smile:

Don’t listen to the haters and killjoys.

I wouldnt go that far but Cata definitely has an undeserved rep of being terrible.
9 million subs at the end is close to double current retail subs. And thats with about a year of no new content.

2 Likes

I do not want Cataclysm. It’s retail to me. If I want to play it I play retail. Simple as. I’ll delete my characters in Wrath if they cannot remain on a Wrath realm when Classic Cata launches. I thought it was a joke at first. Nope. Not doing it.

Cool. Go do that.

8 Likes

I just hope to god that blizzard keeps wrath era servers and not go full cataclysm on folks. some just don’t want cataclysm and I can’t blame them for it.

1 Like

Yes, I’m actually excited for Cata. I don’t have this weird attachment to cross-world fetch quests everyone else seems to, I’m much more looking forward to having actual stories and coherent questlines in each individual zone. Class design is so much better too, every class has stuff that’s actually fun then. I’m especially looking forward to Fury and Arms Warrior, and Survival Hunter

Also dwarf enhancement shaman

7 Likes

Literally the only one I’ve seen people complain is Vash’jr, which gives you a really fast Seahorse, and even then skip it if you want. You have the choice between Hyjal or Vashj’r.

I am one of those. I enjoy retail separately. I enjoy original classic and Wrath classic. I am hoping they offer Wrath-ever realms. I would even pay to transfer to them.

I am hoping they do not force Cataclysm for all Wrath servers. Or at least create new Wrath-only realms as an option.

1 Like

"cata is just the be

I’m sure you said the same thing about Classic, TBC, and Hardcore. You people move the goalposts back every time. Blizzard is telling people like you to get F***** and enjoy the ride.

5 Likes