To subvert or not to subvert

I couldn’t agree more. Not only is it being done so much that it seems like the new normal it has been some much that I can’t even remember a story coming out in the last few years that was a classic fantasy story. And while I know not everyone cares for classical fantasy or thinks that it is childish I miss stories like that.

True. When I said about Kil’jaeden, I meant his role in the story, his appearance and his approach (temptation, corruption, deceit).

Just a reminder, I never suggested Kil’jaeden wasn’t evil or a villain. He absolutely was.

We have the same take here. I’d like to see a hard magic approach, but I’d also be fine with a soft magic approach if it’s consistent and clear. Especially one that’s more consistent and clearer than what we’ve gotten so far.

The outlets they gave as examples included large ones from Fox and MSNBC to a few smaller local outlets. It wasn’t an exhaustive list, but it included the largest distributors.

You’re right about it being complicated trying to compare, I was just using what I could get and the patterns emerged.

Most of the sources from the website I was talking about are in the US. That said, in Australia the center has been shifting left for decades. Most things that seem “right-wing” by Australian standards aren’t actually right wing, just further right than the majority of Australia news outlets which are center or center left. Note that Australia has Labor Party and Liberal Party as the main two, but neither are a conservative party.

ABC is currently left-wing, Channel Seven and Channel Nine I’d say are center, swinging between center-left and center-right based on what’s trendy. The only truly right-wing news in Australia is Sky News.

That is a good point.

I don’t think Yrel’s group would side with the Alliance and that whole situation was horribly written.

You’re right. Nowadays, it would be subversive to have black and white morality. It would be subversive to have righteous holy warriors fighting depraved, dangerous heathens.

Why should we have sympathy to a baiter who tries to provoke a reaction on the Horde all the time? You are even worse then Zerde in this regard because unlike you he is at least honest in his bias.

4 Likes

The last two days has really tempted me to get on my vulpera lock and drive him up a wall. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

2 Likes

Literally the whole war campaign in Bfa was turned around and reverse the moment the second raid was over. After that Baine already fell to his knees and begged Jaina for forgiveness. Bfa was zero faction pride for the Horde in any capacity.

3 Likes

Even the Zandalari quest campaign was ultimately undone with the death of Rakastan. A guy who was built up for literal years was killed unceremoniously by Jaina and her besties.

And the death of Rezan hurt too. He was soo cool. Wish our Dino boi didn’t have to die

5 Likes

I remember when the Horde rallied to defend one of their capital cities. They beat back the Alliance advance at great cost. It looked like the Alliance had finally met its match against the Horde it constantly trampled on.

Wait… never mind … a single Alliance Character on her flying boat levels arcane broadsides at the Horde Capital, reducing the ramparts to ash. She also removes the Forsaken’s defensive blight with a wave of her hand.

Everything the Horde did to defend itself… literally waved aside by a single Alliance demigod.

Miserable - check
Powerless - check
Hopeless- check
Defeated - check

6 Likes

If you like the horde even a little bit, the game and devs sure like to go out of their way to remind you that your a terrible person for it

Years of this habit from the dev team and people still like to claim it’s not a thing. Make it make sense.

4 Likes

You know that the Horde capital is the Undercity, Yes? The Ruins of Lordaeron are, as the name implies, ruins. Did you seriously expect ruined walls to be of any use?

OP Jaina can defeat anything because the writers love her and hate the Horde. The last three nteresting leaders adbicated and are replaced with shallow interns. There is a reason why Thrall is the only noteworthy character on our team left. Everyone else is dead or exiled. 90% of the NPC faces in TWW are from the alliance. So you can keep the lies and bait to yourself. Nobody believes you.

3 Likes

They were useful. They kept the Alliance out. The Alliance was in retreat - until Jaina came on her boat, and removed both the walls and the plague.

Talk about feeling hopeless and powerless - one character on the other side can just overcome what ever defenses you might have. That one character can remove your defenses that only moments ago routed an army.

4 Likes

Not even a normal boat. But it was her daddy’s boat(I think) that she raised from the sea with magic and imbued with Arcane Cannons no less.

And those walls held off the scarlet crusade and other such threats since the inception of the Forsaken as a group. But nooo, Jaina is the most bestest, most special good girl in all of Azeroth and can never do wrong. (Sarcasm mind you)

6 Likes

They did not “keep the Alliance out”. The Azerite war machine and the Blight kept the Alliance out. Not the decrepit walls of a ruined and abandoned city.

Jaina’s main contribution was freezing the Blight, thus allowing the Alliance troops to storm the city.

And why are you not pointing out that it was OOC for the Alliance not to bring Gas masks (which the Gnomes can produce) after they saw the Blight at Gilneas and Stormheim?

The battle would have been lost if not for Jaina showing up in time. The amount of plot devices to ensure the alliance always wins is not done in any other MMO with factions. The Dev team always hated the Horde but only since BFA it became more obvious.

3 Likes

Even the Republic in ToR looses on ocassion. I just take it that alliance super fan bois are too sensitive to actually take a loss. Which is the devs never do it.

I mean, alliance fanbois lost their minds over the 7th legion burning vulpera trade wagons and blizz had to change that. And it’s not the first time blizz had to change something due to outcry from fanbois alliance side because their side wasn’t portrayed as morally perfect in every scenario

3 Likes

SWTOR has the cool opportunity to determine stuff in the plot because all of it is canon due to the player agency and choices. WOW can’t do that since everyone has to do the same quest and raid at the end of the day. That is why they decided the alliance to win because the Horde is used to lose at this point and there won’t be an outcry about it.

3 Likes

Which honestly needs to stop. It’s not nearly as fun as the devs or the alliance fan bois seem to think it is.

It’s old, it’s tiring and nobody is enjoying it

3 Likes

Golden is gone. But Metzen is also alliance biased since he is the main reason we only have Thrall left to guide the Horde. I have no hope for the story anymore. TBC was also his doing and the blood elves lost their purpose in the plot back then.

3 Likes

SWTOR is also a dead game with no future.

So… why should WoW borrow anything from SWTOR?

SWTOR is a purley story driven game and leagues ahead of WOW. We know you hate it because humans aren’t the main focus there. :wink:

1 Like