To subvert or not to subvert

They just released a new expansion recently. It’s hardly dead.

Your troll game has been slipping lately. Disappointing really.

2 Likes

what are your mains? Mine are a Sith pureblood warrior and an Chiss imperial agent. I have a Jedi too but he is also an alien.

2 Likes

I had a Sith Pureblood Sorcerer and a Pureblood Imperial Agent for the longest time. :dracthyr_nod:

3 Likes

Uhm, you know that Humans are the main species in Star Wars, Yes? As with every fictional setting, really, because you’re a Human irl, not a Non-Human, so Humans are naturally more relatable. (take your meds please)

What expansion? I googled it and nothing clear come out.

Please speak plainly when discuss dead games.

Let us see. The majority of companions you can recruit are not humans. The first republic chancellor we meet is a Twi’lek. The Empire values Pureblood Sith higher then the humans. The empire of the Chiss is so powerful they could bully the dark council. You are proven wrong yet again.

2 Likes

They really aren’t. There’s a reason lots of people enjoy and love alien/fantasy races. People like playing something different.

You’re the type that goes for the vanilla cake when theres more variety to pick from. It’s boring

2 Likes

I get that. What I was saying was that in line with what demons are in WoW, it was in line with he character and nature. It wasn’t like he suddenly turned good. So, it fit.

I get that. I was just pointing out that what might seem like a small variable can change that pattern and lead you to wrong conclusions if it is not factored in.

And there was zero faction pride for the Alliance as well. Faction conflicts were always a bad idea. Nobody was ever going to feel good from it.

Here is the thing. That amount of ‘plot devices’ were needed because of the lengths they went to trying to ensure the Horde got their ‘rally moments.’ The attack on Undercity event was designed to try and give the Horde a feeling of winning during the batte. They needed Jaina to save the assault because they wanted the Alliance to be routed and retreating so the Horde could feel like they were getting some wins in that battle. And it just ended up bad for everyone.

On the Horde side it felt bad to have Jaina ruin the defenses.
On the Alliance side it felt bad to be in full retreat, especially after that did not happen to the Horde in Darkshore.

They ended up with the worst feelings for both sides.

Faction conflicts were always a bad idea. To the point I was really hoping they would dissolve the factions at the end of BfA so it could never happen again.

I am going to call you out on that one. That is just plain wrong. The Alliance to a TON of losses throughout the game. In not particular order, and not an exhaustive list: Theramore, Ashenvale, Darkshore, Teldrassil (where they had a quest for the Alliance player to fail miserably at saving civilians), Andorhal, Southshore, Gilneas, etc

Heck, in both wars we are even told very explicitly that the Alliance cannot possibly defeat the loyalist Horde (half or less of their forces) without the Horde rebels.

Don’t try to claim the devs never have the Alliance lose. It is objectively wrong.

What matters is who won the war on paper. And that faction is the alliance since all banshee loyalists were paraded in chains after they gave up Orgrimmar when Saurfang died. You know the last greater orc name from the second war.

So Jaina and her friends breaking down the doors of Zuldazar and stripping of the last thing that can ensure Horde victory was only in my mind?

IDK Jim I feel like people cheered hard when Tyrande killed Nathanos.

1 Like

Than the devs have the Alliance dunk on the horde throughout said expansion. Nothing actually sticks. BfA was a major alliance win on every front. So was every other expansion where the faction war was front and center

They made sure the alliance came out on top and the horde had to infight and save itself from itself.

My point still stands.

5 Likes

yeah but a guest musician once said a naughty word about the Alliance once at a blizzcon so the alliance are “objectively” (lol) poor little victims

6 Likes

They been traumatized over that event ever since. Too bad so sad

2 Likes

First, off talk about moving the goal past.

Then let’s talk about the general issue here. The Alliance objectively lost more battles, territories and cities in both wars. So, your whole ‘but they didn’t lose the war’ is more than a bit disingenuous.

And finally, who won the war on paper? Both the Horde and Alliance. Because the faction the Horde players were part of rebelled and helped stop the loyalists. And we were told repeatedly the Alliance couldn’t with without them.

First off, you and I both know that event was not what either of us were talking about. We were clearly talking about battle at Undercity.

Second, breaking down the doors of Zuldazar were hardly a plot device

Third, and importantly, the Horde got to charge after the Alliance, chasing them out of the city and then fight and then have a raid fight against Jaina, forcing her to retreat and try to recover.

And fourth, the ‘plot device’ in Zuldazar was the Alliance just leaving the city and not ending the Zuldazar threat completely because ‘reasons.’

See, this is the kind of short sighted comment that frustrates me.

You can pick out moments that in isolation seem like, yah that was cool. But, taken in context and as a whole they don’t really change the total feel.

I could do it for the Horde.
There were plenty of people who cheered Sylvanas winning against Malfurion (arguably the strongest Alliance character).
Saurfang outplaying Sylvanas and winning the city was certainly a pride moment.
Even the battle for Undercity Sylvanas ‘For the Horde’ moment got a LOT of cheers.
Etc, etc.

Sure they were good moments. But that is all they were moments that don’t really add up enough to change the overall feel.

The Horde players spent most of the war doing bad things and playing the villain. And that admittedly sucks.

The Alliance spent most of it just trying to survive and being repeatedly and explicitly told that we could not win. Even in a major cinematic Anduin clearly states we cannot stop Sylvanas and need Saurfang to save us. Faction pride…

You think the experience being bad for you means it was good for the Alliance. It wasn’t. The faction wars were BAD for both groups.

By dunk on you mean only winning because the Horde rebels helped us? Being explicitly told that we can’t win the fight, on multiple occasions? That is dunking on?

I both wars they explicitly told us the only reason the Alliance survived was the the Horde fractured. And even then, only barely surviving. That is not exactly ‘coming out on top.’

Stop assuming that because there was bad experiences for the Horde that the Alliance got good ones. That is not how it played out.

Have you been by Theramore recently?
How about Teldrassil?
Then there is this whole zone that used to be Night elf territory that is now a literal Horde symbol.

Your claim is objectively wrong.

The alliance won at Lordaeron, defeated the horde in every warfront, sacked Zandalar and killed Rakastan, sunk the golden fleet, and retook Arathi/Stromgarde.

You are objectively wrong on so many levels it’s beyond dishonest.

But sure, the horde fracturing at the last moment is why the alliance won every battle that mattered in BfA.

5 Likes

And the Horde won in Ashenvale, Darkshore and destroyed Teldrassil.

Then they raided Stormwind and sunk the remaining Alliance fleet (which was the whole reason for reaching out to Kul’Tiras).

Then when we got to Durotar and with the entire combined forces of the Alliance plus the rebels were told we might not win at Orgrimmar. And even if we did it would decimate the last of the Alliance forces to do it. Anduin directly said in a cinematic that the Alliance could not win, could not stop Sylvanas. And multiple NPCs said the same.

Ahh, the projection.

Just because you ignore the facts doesn’t make them go away.

Facts aren’t projection. The alliance won every objective that mattered.

2 Likes

The projection is you claiming someone else is being dishonest.

Having all of Ashenvale and Darkshore ransacked and pillaged didn’t matter?
The destruction of Teldrassil didn’t matter?

How disingenuous.

Again, I get you were not happy with the story. And that is an entirely fair complaint. But the Horde having a bad experience doesn’t mean the Alliance got a good one.

The faction conflicts sucked all the way around. Stop pretending it was only bad for your faction.

Since when was Azshara part of the Horde? and was that the whole alliance fleet or just part of it?

2 Likes

The only major fleets sunk during BfA were the Golden Fleet and the Kul’tiran fleet. Which was the whole purpose of going to Zandalar and Kul’tiras were for the firepower both fleets would have had provided and possibly turning the tide of the war in favor of the other side

I could be wrong. I only played KT here and there.

Pretty sure Jaina said her fleet is still around. We can assume most of the wreckage was from Stormwind.

My assumption is that the fleets were so important primarily because Legion did an absolute number on both sides’ fleets.

Broken shore wiped out a ton of ships and aircraft, Stormheim took out more, More might have been lost in the off screen homeland defense efforts.

But then the BFA War table scenarios and everyone being able to pull up on UC kinda takes the wind out of that idea.

4 Likes