To RDF or not to RDF

Your replies are cute, but seriously. This literally IS classic wow. I would even be OK if RDF weren’t implemented from the start, but were added in as a later feature, mimicking, wait for it… the actual WOTLK experience. You keep whining that “Classic means more than just an authentic recreation now”.

Again, you’re wrong. Obviously, nothing I say will convince you otherwise here, so I’ll drop it. I’m not so sure why you’re so hung up on the idea that Classic WoW is supposed to be your envisionment of how it should have been it rather than checks notes how it actually was. Classic WotLK without RDF is not going to make you suddenly feel more accomplished for things you obtained after using RDF in retail 14 years ago, it isn’t going to happen, it never was going to happen.

Oh, are we gatekeeping wow now? What exactly does Classic mean? Can you point me to the literature that says “For really hardcore players who have 12+ hours a day to invest in a 20-year-old videogame to make them feel accomplished”.

Please link the “Official Blizzard Pillars of Classic WoW” so I can review them, thanks.

Pathetically, it has happened - I realize your cognitive dissonance may make that difficult to believe, but eliminating RDF doesn’t magically turn every person on your server into the bastion of community, outreach, and love.

3 Likes

Ive been vocally pro RDF. You can check my posts, and ive made logical breakdown threads about pros vs cons and no one wants to listen to reason.

OP has stated clearly that the experience for low level players is worse. They have stated clearly that time investment is an issue. But the anti-rdf crowd for some reason believes that rdf breaks social interaction and leads to sitting in towns.

This is a false narritive, people are more prone to sit in town when. They have to spam lfg. The part leader cant do anything else when they have to repost the message in chat every minute to stay visable.

Example: i was putting together a group for mech and had three dps and i was trying to grind aldor tokens at the same time. After an hour i gave up cause i was wasting my time stopping my grind trying to post. In that hour of posting to get a group to get rep, i had ground 50 marks and realized i didnt need the group anymore, just another hour of grinding. So i disbanded the group and finished my grind in 30 minutes cause i wasnt bothering posting in lfg.

With rdf i would have been able to grind effeciently for 15, get in a group, run the dungeon and been done. I would have had a more effient experience, everyone would have gotten the dungeon done. I would still have been in the world.

People dont sit in cities to rdf, the sit in cities cause they have nothing else to do. TbC doesnt suffer from no world activities to do and neither does wrath. Cata and later expacs had way less world grinds, so people sat in cities.

The content determines where people are when they queue, not the existence of a feature.

8 Likes

So would you be open to RP servers that have RDF removed so this isn’t a possibility for you? If what you’re claiming is true then after a few months the RDF servers should be empty and only RP servers would remain. Seems to be a self-resolving issue.

1 Like

Not sure why you’re @‘ing me I like RDF

Would I want blizzard to open up free transfers for all to flood into a no RDF safe zone server? Hell ya they are the minority let them exist in their own bubble.

Like I said earlier these classic purist types who want vanilla classic principles in wrath are going to drop like flies. I’ve seen the threads through the years, the “I quit” threads. The game isn’t the authentic thing they wanted and they leave.

Support the majority needs for a healthier game with more dungeon runs and therefore a more active expansion overall.

1 Like

Sorry! I interpreted your post incorrectly the first time I read through it, re-reading it after your reply makes more sense!

1 Like

I disagree that it’s been fine. It’s been a pain.

1 Like

Don’t drag RP servers into this.

Plenty of people on RP servers want RDF, because statistically RP servers have lower populations, because less people RP than just play the game.

It’d be nice to be able to enjoy our RP and be able to enjoy basic PvE content, without the hassle.

3 Likes

Right, and Classic WoW means no RDF. If you want RDF, it’ll be in Dragonflight.

This isn’t as important anymore. We embraced #SomeChanges years ago.

Which is 100% true, whether you like it or not.

That’s not true, if you said something persuasive or logical, I may be convinced.

I’ve not once mentioned “my envisionment”. I’m telling you what the Dev’s vision is, and yes, Clasic WoW is supposed to be THEIR vision, because it’s THEIR game, and not yours.

No, just stating a fact. If you’re playing a traditional MMORPG and seeking to remove all elements that make it a traditional MMORPG, why play a traditional MMORPG at that point?

https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/world-of-warcraft/23813563/developer-update-a-look-at-what-s-ahead-for-wrath-of-the-lich-king-classic

Here you go! Review to your heart’s content.

Any proof?

1 Like

Yeah this is true I think if any community has had it bad it’s been the RP. They get forgotten so often it’s honestly embarrassing by blizzard.

Like this recent server merging nonsense killing certain low pop RP realms

2 Likes

As someone who has formed groups I’ve personally gotten these whispers before. Not super often but it’s happened.

Surely me and OP aren’t the only ones ever.

Do you have proof?

What makes you think I was screenshotting people saying those things so I could whip it out right now on a forum a year later lmao.

Sorry man no proof you’re just going to have to take our word for it that people can be mean, shocker I know.

and @Fury.

Don’t talk to him he’s a known troll.

1 Like

You don’t have proof because it didn’t happen, yes?

People don’t do that type of stuff. It’s not happening. It has never happened.

Even if for some reason I had proof you’d just say that’s only one person and maybe the only person in history to have done it, because you’re bloomsday

2 Likes

We plan to do that. Your input wasnt needed. For the record, nobody said it couldnt be dome without it. Its just a bettet way of doing it. And only a retard would not prefer the better way when it was part of the original. Why dumb down a game. Its stupid and a lot of us will not be playing because of it. Toodaloo

A “known troll” that actually discusses the topic at hand. Disagreeing with someone isn’t trolling.

Coming into a thread to pick a fight and lodge insults at others is though.

I can vouch for this. Bloomsday has been making rounds and conversing positively. :dracthyr_nod:

Nyaria - apologies, it was not my intent to subject RPers to the elitism of the non-RDF crowd. Perhaps we can make a server group called “For Elite Purists Only” and they can join that for their non-rdf purposes?

Suxs then bro.