To people who refuse to do dungeons, even normal…why?

I learn more by watching than reading.

Preferences + fear. A lot of people are utterly terrified of the idea that some random on the internet might call them an idiot or something as if that means anything in reality.

I think they’re also under the impression that you have to really know what you’re doing, which is blatantly false given how utterly simple normal and heroic dungeons are now. Loot is thrown in our faces and some mechanics can be completely ignored.

Lastly, some people might already be aware that when they Q through the finder, there’s a good chance they will wind up with a healer or a tank who is just there for the satchel or caller and is super overgeared. They’re going hard carry everyone and blast through the dungeon, which a lot of people don’t like.

1 Like

For many reasons. I did enough hardcore crap back in FFXI and vanilla WoW. I just don’t care about it anymore.

I’m also older and have much less time to devote to worrying about “oh no, my rotation wasn’t perfect so now some 15 year old edgelord is going to have a meltdown because we didn’t clear the boss fast enough” or whatever. God forbid we wipe–people just go rabid. I just don’t care anymore, games are for fun and not for stress.

Also I have a special needs kid who doesn’t always sleep well, so my limited time is even more limited–I very well may have to AFK a LOT during my evening play time if the kiddo is just having a rough night. That doesn’t work out well in the current “go GO GO GO GO go go GO GO GO!!!” mentality of WoW’s players when it comes to dungeons.

9 Likes

I used to like queuing into heroic dungeions back when the gear was worth it at max level.

Just an example is the heroic dungeon gear should drop now at ilvl 209 allowing heroic dungeion queues to get minimally viable for going strait to korthia, since a lot of new leveled folk are ALTS

sorry trying to avoid typing the wall of text it would take to explore this whole line of thinking,

Elune protect ya’ll.

1 Like

Remember to only throw the spear right after she moves! I cannot remember being in a group where someone has missed for months.

You asked and many have told you why. My reasons behind not doing mythic+ is arthritis my reflexes are not up to the go,go,go do it before the timer runs out mentality. Too many players in pugs in this expac are lethal to anyone in a new to them dungeon for the first time.

I have an example for you I pugged into a dungeon a few nights ago hoping to get the last level on my mage. All I know is it was a revendreth run. We went through 3 tanks and 3 dps in 5 minutes because the holy pally wanted to dps instead of keeping us alive.

3 Likes

I thought OP quit.

no they evidently just switched to an alt to take the heat off them.

You don’t need to be so mocking about it. Many players have a great time endlessly trying to optimize how they get through dungeons. Just because you don’t, or can’t play the game this way is no excuse to be rude about it.

I’m not mocking. It’s the truth. People do not stop and wait anymore, and get angry if you need to AFK. If you find this rude? Well LOL you should try being on the receiving end of “hang on, I need to AFK a few”. If you aren’t insta-kicked you will absolutely get an earful of how you’re holding everyone back.

F that noise. It’s not worth the stress just for some fake pixelated power ups.

14 Likes

I agree out of an average of 20 of the legion twd I did when that was active on 1 toon only 1 group qued us for more at the end of the run. The other 19 runs was pull everything keep running don’t stop to hell if the healer gets locked out runs to the last boss.

3 Likes

It’s pretty narrow-minded to assume the entire playerbase acts in this way. There are always bad eggs, but you would rather paint the entire portion of the playerbase that really enjoys dungeons as utter a-holes. So apparently, I’m a rude and terrible person, my friends are rude and terrible people, and even most my guild is as well.

1 Like

Stop whining. Seriously. This isn’t about you or -every- single player in the game who likes dungeons. However, the vast majority of people playing these dungeons do not want to wait. I’m not going to go through my single hour of play time a night waiting for that 1 out of 10 decent PUG that won’t kick me if I have to go AFK.

It’s my play time. I’ll do what I want with it for reasons that are my own. IDGAF if you like it or not-- go play victim somewhere else.

11 Likes

That you assume they mean all player base from what they said is your short coming.

8 Likes

yea

sadly, I feel like the dungeon experience is hopelessly broken/lost forever outside of M+

they just don’t seem to care anymore

You cant just say “people this” and “people that” and then say “vast majority” as if they are the same thing.

This is just feeling entitled. You would rather just hold a group hostage and down a dps, healer, or tank because you had to leave. You already mentioned that you know you need to go afk for periods of time during dungeons. Have you ever considered that if you don’t have the time to do something you shouldn’t go and do it? They vote to kick you. You impact their play experience enough that they kick you. Stop complaining about the consequences of wasting the time of others.

Listen, buttercup. My kid > your dungeon group. Every time. Whine all you want. Once again: IDGAF.

Secondly, buttercup, did you not read the part where I had -many- reasons for not doing dungeons? Or are you just here to whine like a baby? <---- it’s this one, isn’t it? Oh boo hoo, such a victim. Waaaaah cry over a video game and then accuse others of doing the same when you are the -only- one here screeching about how unfair it all is.

Go babble at someone who cares, because I sure as heck just don’t. Bye!

7 Likes

Replying back to him by calling names like preteen won’t win you any medals.

1 Like

Probably not. The fear is still real for some folks though.

Don’t much care about that either :slight_smile:

1 Like