To people who refuse to do dungeons, even normal…why?

I see someone complaining he has to finish a normal dungeon to progress with his campaign. I know some people are socially awkward, but it’s queuing up for normal dungeon finder really that intimidating? Why play a MMO if you are just going to play solo.

15 Likes

People have different preferences.

109 Likes

Mostly because dungeons these days are designed with the eventuality of mythic, which makes even normal/heroic not fun.

127 Likes

because dungeons are designed around esport :upside_down_face:

107 Likes

Ummmm…what? If you can elaborate please, I’d really love to understand

3 Likes

Because Spires of Ascension is badly designed and not fun, even on normal. The spear mechanics are wonky (at best).

:cookie:

21 Likes

Exactly what i said. Dungeons are designed around esport, as Pardon said. They are designed with the mythic slog in mind, and not designed to be fun.

49 Likes

I generally hate PvE but I’ll do still a dungeon for the daily calling, sometimes it’s fun to grossly out gear content and power through it. I’m not the only one either, I’ve been in full groups of Mythic geared players before. good times.

1 Like

Thats a statement, not an explanation. How does the current design of any given dungeon reflect esports, and what about its design bothers you?

6 Likes

Because we can and there is literally nothing anyone can do about it. Not like we wont get gear. Plus metrics and all that. The more people don’t participate the less they will get developed.

2 Likes

its all the explanation you need. Theyre NOT FUN.

57 Likes

Actually I’m grasping too at what you’re trying to say. They’re not fun because they’re designed around esports.

So what are the added layers that make the newer dungeons not as fun as the older dungeons?

3 Likes

Fear of being verbally abused is the obvious answer. Is that realistic in a normal dungeon? If you’re the tank, probably yes. If you mess up an easy mechanic and cause a wipe in a normal dungeon there would almost certainly be a meltdown.

76 Likes

Because people should spend what little time they have doing what they enjoy.

If they enjoy WoW without dungeons, there is no reason to criticize them for that. They’re paying to be here and they aren’t hurting anybody.

74 Likes

It’s actually not. I was trying to understand your point of view, but I guess if you would rather say things that seem pretty stupid on the surface and not explain them when someone asks to understand…🤷🏿

7 Likes

I’m a dedicated soloist yet I don’t have any problems queueing for anything. Pugging on the other hand is like pulling teeth, I’m not into it. Honestly not sure how many soloists can’t even do a queue dungeon, feels like the minority in all honesty.

1 Like

Mostly I avoid queued content because I’m old and crap. And when I try not to be crap, I become even worse. Last thing I need is a spotlight on me because I screwed up.

Because I can enjoy the game at my own pace and not get the business for making a mistake.

80 Likes

MMO just means that there are many people.
Playing on your own is one of few options you can have in MMO’s.
Not everyone likes to interact with the ‘speed’ running of dungeons that is more prominent now even in leveling dungeons or get trash talked by some sweaty neckbeard who can’t work as a team.

76 Likes

If you cannot understand “its not fun” i cant help you. Dungeons in the older expacs were not designed to trip you up, cause you to take longer than needed, or wipe you due to one mistake. Now they are, and its reflected in the normal and heroic versions. Id HAPPILY take dungeons like the LK expac had. Except the dragon flying one, that stunk.

55 Likes

Can anyone actually give a specific example of “dungeons designed around e-sports or mythic plus.”

2 Likes