Timewalking Exp nerfed

Yes, those are the ones I am talking about.

Even if this was a bug, in a time where players were actually excited to play, a time where they NEED the good faith of the players they just trashed it. Someone said it best it was a missed opportunity.

5 Likes

As soon as i saw the title of the Wowhead article I told myself, “Self, that’s getting nerfed ASAP.” smh

2 Likes

God they send mixed messages about player engagement. All the max level systems are designed to wring as much time online as possible out of people but when a bug/oversight/ect comes along that actually encourages people to play the game more comes along they stamp it into the ground .

Copypasting from another thread about this since this one looks to be the more popular of the two:

I’m hoping this was a band-aid/panic nerf until the time can be taken to more thoughtfully readjust the XP values (since WoD came and went with it being not absolutely bananas but still very good for leveling, plus when TW XP first became lucrative in BFA it was all over the place and no hotfix then, either), but I doubt it with the ongoing nightmare fiesta the company is probably having internally rn.

As for talking about the leveling process as a whole, there really does need to be a normalization on the numbers in the 10-50 bracket, Draenor is very good as are a few odd non-Draenor zones like Silverpine, the Jade Forest, and Val’sharah, but the majority is indeed about as slow as frozen molasses. I don’t recall a single time I even touched BfA or Wrath content since the squish. IMO buffing, let’s say, everything not on AAP’s speedrun route to a sufficient degree and then bringing everything that is on it to be more in-line with the buffed zones would make leveling a much more diverse and enjoyable time.

As for SL leveling I couldn’t agree more, it’s dismal to do on alts no matter if you’re doing threads, dungeon spam, or, due to a bout of insanity and/or clinical self-loathing, replaying the storyline. None of these three are engaging, fun, or fast- it’s all just a mind-numbing slog through the same old stuff you’ve been grinding at or have already gotten through on your main for the past half-year already. The XP yields really need to be buffed here or we need a true alt-catch-up route that doesn’t wind up being an equal waste of time (if not even greater) than just replaying the storyline again like Threads of Fate is. The fact that Timewalking being a fast track to 50-60 was even newsworthy shows how much of a drag the intended experience is.

Threads of fate was suppose to be way to level your alts easier but just feels slower to me. I’ve done both Questing through threats of fate and The campaign, and because the quests for the campaign are more compact it feels alot faster to level that way but it’s still takes forever.

2 Likes

It’s a horrible, horrible slog.

4 Likes

lol a friend and I were joking about this a few hours ago when we saw wowheads article. We both said Better Hurry before the Sirens for the fun police start up.

I just caught up with the latest drama. How sad is it that Blizzard didn’t even know about this until Wowhead reported on it? Just goes to show that their quality control is completely nonexistent.

What I don’t understand though, is why people keep sloughing through the quagmire of a leveling process in this game if they hate it so much? I mean it’s clearly designed that way so that Blizzard can milk us for leveling boosts but if everyone is so fed up why not just quit instead of continuing to do something that you clearly (and rightly) find frustrating?

I’ve been struggling with that question myself ever since SL launched and I finally decided to cancel my sub and honestly I am quite happy with my choice. Stuff like this just makes me all the more adamant that I made the right decision.

For me, I am doing it because of certain achievements. I like having my own army of toons, to pick and choose from, when I need them. Due to new expansions and the resultant power shift/solo raid capabilities, I need to readjust as needed. (Hence, leveling.)
(Oh, I also like to try and level all professions to max on toons, on the realm my main is on).

1 Like

I actually vomit when i see how quick they are to make fixes like this but will stand stalwart in defiance of anything the players actually ask for. Those MAUs being down makes a lot of sense honestly.

1 Like

What I don’t understand though, is why people keep sloughing through the quagmire of a leveling process in this game if they hate it so much? I mean it’s clearly designed that way so that Blizzard can milk us for leveling boosts but if everyone is so fed up why not just quit instead of continuing to do something that you clearly (and rightly) find frustrating?

Funnily enough I actually WAS off the game cold turkey since last Tuesday, but the recently announced departures and TW exp made me log back in last night, now with the nerfs I guess I’m safely back to playing other games. Also I’d be in hysterics if TW was never intended to be good for leveling and Blizz just went through the entirety of BFA unaware of it, accidentally broke it in 9.0, and then accidentally reverted it to OP AGAIN in 9.1. That’d be something right out of a Three Stooges episode lmao.

2 Likes

Probably for the first time in about six years I took a break for the last week or so, figured I would hop on one of my four accounts and get some levelling from 50 to 60 done. I knew as soon as I saw this on wowhead that it was going to get axed quickly and swiftly.

I seriously think that one of the worst things in the game right now is the level 50 to 60 slog. There’s zero chance that I do the campaign ever again because of how boring and long it takes. Threads of fate is even worse and feels like I’m walking through mud.

That’s OK, back to Rimworld for awhile.

2 Likes

Pretty much sums up Blizzard’s decision making since the end of Legion. :joy:

2 Likes

Ah this reminds me how they “fixed” power leveling back in 7.3.5 because it was a “bug” a 15 years old bug…

5 Likes

Something funny I just noticed Blizzard stock prices started to climb when wow head posted the thing about the exp in timewalking but started to drop again when they announced the “Fix”

1 Like

So irritated that they nerfed it this fast. I was looking forward to getting some alts to max this weekend as I haven’t been able to play much this week because of real life. Then to see they fix this yet other issues persist for months/years. I’ve been trying to stick around for the game as I do like WoW. Now I don’t even want to play, this company is so tone deaf it is absolutely frustrating. So what players were going to be able to get a few toons leveled in a very unfriendly alt expansion. I’m so frustrated at this point I don’t even want to play the game.

3 Likes

there were lots of players like you that were excited for it, I don’t see why blizzard is tone deaf to their players but shrugs their stocks will continue to crash into the ground unless they start listening to what people actually want.

2 Likes

How fun was that, too! Posses of flying mounts going from boss to boss, everyone mowing stuff down and levelling up and having an absolute blast of a time.

Similarly, the Legion “invasions” were reasonably decent for levelling alts - I did at least half a dozen via invasions almost exclusively.

But yeah, apparently “flying bad, easy and fun levelling bad” (and we already know the devs have outright stated that overpowering content is “not fun” and therefore also bad).

I swear sometimes it’s like they’re trying double-hard to kill their own game. Or at the very least, annoy all the casual players away, until there’s just the target audience of Mythic+ “pushers” and mythic raiders left.

It’s a game, not a career.

2 Likes

So have fun then!