Timers added to Torghast

You don’t even have to be a speed runner.

People will prioritize speed w/ or w/o a timer. Speed is its own reward.

Method just did a Mythic raid race like the other day.

I’m fine with a clock and leaderboards …but don’t add a timer that boots me. It’s just annoying.

Say it louder for the people in the back and hopefully Blizz too. you’re on point.

Actually, what has destroyed this game is the idea that any one that plays better then you, or likes things you do not, is an elitist/scrubby casual.

It is getting so bad that the timer could be the most forgiving in the world, like say 3 hours to get as far as you can, and someone would still complain because it is a timer.

The extremes in this case are hard timer and no timer, what Blizzard is after here is that middle ground, in essence a timer that is very forgiving yet still there to keep people moving as much as possible.

I have seen a lot say they don’t do mythic +, have they even tried it? the timer is VERY easy to make until you get into higher keys as long as you take even just a few seconds to plan your pulls. Visions? I don’t rush yet it is not uncommon for me to have 1-3 orbs still at the end after clearing all 4 areas and going into boss where I use 1 orb for free hits on the boss.

To all those against timers, I challenge you to actually try timed content. see if it is as bad as you are making it out to be and, if so, at what point that comes in. Then we actually might be able to come up with what Blizzard is after, I.E. not feeling rushed but still moving at an average/normal pace.

2 Likes

And? I pay for each expansion and a sub fee as well, and I don’t even play retail anymore lmfao.

That’s cool and all, but they’re not. If something minor like a generous soft enrage prevents you from enjoying content that’s on you. This argument is about as brainless as me saying that I pay to play the game therefore PvP should be balanced around TBC. That’s not the game anymore, if you don’t like it find a different game or learn to deal with it.

Yeah, you sure sound like an adult, one who throws petulant tantrums because of something that comes off as a minor inconvenience. You may be an adult physically but your overly emotional reactions peg you as someone with the mental maturity of a 12 year old not getting their way.

Lmao, you really don’t know a damn thing about me and are just throwing random insults you think are witty but don’t even apply. This is amusing, you’re either a troll or the most pathetic person I’ve seen make an argument on the forums. You’re totally an adult all right. . .

For clarity, this isn’t time gating. There being a soft enrage is not a time gate, it’s an efficiency check. It’s the polar opposite of timegating where you can breeze through it if you’re skilled enough rather than waiting for an arbitrary window such as either time, or gear to offset your lack of skill in order to make it over the hurdles.

You really have zero clue what you’re talking about, I’d advise just not trying to make an argument altogether, you’re looking like a bigger clown than Asmongold.

2 Likes

Watch them try and argue that you’re an elitist wannabe/sympathizer even though you and I discussed at moderate length whether adjusting the timer system of M+ to be more point oriented and therefore more welcoming in another thread.

The timer is blizzard attempt to esport wow, but it not working really. They see spreed runs as new trend, but they don’t understand that people who spreed run are personality achieve. Everyone is different some people prefer a grind fight, people want a challenge where boss is build to be unfair like Dark Soul, or they want show off speed run timer.

What blizzard need to do just make no timer, make achievement with timer or no damage run to show off with title, mount, more mogs, and other cosmetics.

Imagine actually believing that standing still for 2 minutes waiting for Trinkets/Combust was going to be a fun and engaging experience.

“Sorry - I can’t do anything Wednesday before raid, I have to do my daily torghast run for 8 hours”

If the timer is reminiscent of earlier 5 mask runs - Torghast will kill Shadowlands before it gets off the ground. If it’s there to punish me sitting around for 30-60 seconds between pulls? Great. But I should be able to wait for my CD’s for a boss pull.

Yea, cool, they also didn’t totally say on numerous occasions that there would be no timers at all. But how much do you want to bet you’ll find another way to like you know spin it.

1 Like

Even then I was keeping the timer important, just easing it up for the “fan turns brown” situations or when groups that are slightly less geared/skilled can at least get keys with which to practice with as a minimum. As I know that M+ timers are, supposedly, based around how long a group of average skill and gear can clear the dungeon if they move at an average pace.

All arguments against timers like the one proposed here are from those that think any timer is esporting wow. I can recall timers in just about all games I have played, even RPGs. In most cases? they were how long you had to complete the level, very forgiving you just could not ding-dong around without risking the time running out.

If anything it would be closer to a full rank 15, full research 5 mask run.

This seems to be the target Blizzard has, very off the mark currently though.

Only CD that seems to be the issue is lust/warp. All others are likely ones you would pop before a pull and, depending on how long you took to down the last mob in said pull, could have up again in time for the next anyway.

I’d define a casual player as someone who does not engage in any collecting nor engaging with competitive content. It’s more a mindset than anything.

You can be a casual raider, but you could be a hardcore mount or pet collector.

1 Like

I personally don’t have a problem with this, but I think that may even be a little too aggressive for the population (I mean, 5 mask paid carries are a thing right now for a reason).

I feel a real safe spot is a 4 Mask (Obviously without 50% sanity) run right now with research/R15.

Just enough to where you’re not looking at the timer unless you’re playing very, VERY badly - or if you’re AFKing.

Very good definition, I fall into this category myself, I will collect or do content where there might be a comparative base, but the only competition I like? myself, as in always trying to get better, to push myself to the next level, etc.

You seem really disconnected to the point of these debuffs. You act as if they are the main feature and not just a bandaid solution to stop waiting for big cooldowns. The systems difficulty comes from floors increasing in difficulty in conjunction with the random anima powers. Blizzard said they have no intentions of making these feel close to anything you are saying.

Time-limits are not a feature or aspect of rogue like games.

5 Likes

It’s too subtle, but I was being sarcastic, as casual is in the eye of the beholder, even though there’s a literal definition of the word in the dictionary.

2 Likes

I’m saying the entire floor is the encounter. Just like how the encounter for M+ is pretty much the entire run since you can’t really stop if you want to time the key.

1 Like

In this scenario would it not be a rewards problem more than anything? Why would a raider prioritize Torghast over raiding unless the reward were out of whack?

Furthermore what is the reward proposition of playing 2 hours of Torghast for 15 floors vs. 8 hours for 20 floors? Is the reward vs. time spent out of whack? Should everything in WoW be adjusted because some people have no self control?

What even is this example?

:thinking:

6 Likes

It’s funny the day crowd hates this change but the night crowd seems to like and is far more aggressive.

1 Like

Night crowd has jobs and priorities their time. Timers are fine.

1 Like

The two top threads i see

‘Timers added to torghast’
‘Blizz confirms torghast does not have timers’

visual confusion

1 Like