Time walking Holiday Loot not worth it

Time walking is massively nerfed?

BC this week was never that bad. Cata and Mists dungeons are wipe fests everytime I have done TW.

Anyway was just a suggestion. Myself and my returning friends already outgear that chest enough to make it not worth it. With the removal of TF/WF there’s not even a chance of being relevant.

I guess chalk it up to that. I know a large complaint about TF/WF was that people were forced to do trivial content for a chance at an upgrade. I kind of miss it, I find myself playing alot less, and when I am playing outside of the time I spend with friends grouped. I have nothing to do really and no desire to do anything.

This event is a perfect example. If WF/TF was in, I would do it. For the shot at a WF/TF just as I would do normal outside of that 1 time when I first came back and havent went back since.

This weeks TW is even easier than the last BC timewalking. I chain pulled my way through on a crappy new paladin tank with a leveling healer and no one had good corruptions.

If it was up to me the game would go back to the raid or die mentality but with the option to do m+ as well, there wouldn’t be a single participation reward left. Participation rewards should only be added later in an expansion as an alt catch up mechanic, not let you skip entire raid tiers of gearing, they also shouldn’t come anywhere near mythic ilvl like the weekly cache, I don’t mind the current ilvl gap between m+ and raiding atm but if they stretched that even further lets say for doing a 22-25 key you’d max out and receive lets say 470 rewards or something but it wouldn’t supersede mythic ilvl gearing because raiding requires more people, more coordination and more time/effort spent vs completing something you can untime and still receive a reward and is spammable.
I for one like gear as being a reward, achievements mean nothing to me nor does downing bosses just to down them like a top 50 player racing to do just that. I also collect mounts as well which there aren’t really any worthwhile mounts other than end game raiding mounts whether thats mimirons head to onyxia or jainas mounts/corrupted jelly fish in the current tier.

Yep, I lolmisdirected may through with a half afk tank. It was about as difficult as a level-scaled dungeon from the same tier (that is, character is 75 and the TW version wasn’t any harder than queueing for regular BC, which I could also do on the same character).

Blizzard prefers this, it makes their gear balance easier.

I like it, give my baby alts a chance to get gear they otherwise wouldn’t be able to get. I’d have to be pretty lucky but lash of the void on my monk would be lit.

Another way to look at it is that this is five extra chances for that specific loot from Nylotha. For my DH specifically the fist weapon which even at 445 is better than the 460 sword.

Wait non-maxed toons can do it?

Speak for yourself. It’s great for my alts. Gear drops from Timewalking itself are also good for my alts, at least to a point.

Starts at 445? My highest toon is barely there lol. I just don’t care to go farther really because 8.3 is truly horrible (for me anyway, if you’re enjoying it good for you).

:cookie:

Very FEW give that. There is a simi-rare dungeon WQ one that gives 430. The emissary one is based off your current ilvl. All the others cap out at 415/420.

We are talking about timewalking right? Timewalking! So many people complain that Blizzard gives out loot like candy, and you think Timewalking should give mythic raid gear?

Well your item level in baking is easily 500.

1 Like

(blushes and thanks Pitagriffin with a basket of cookies!)

:cookie:

1 Like

yep! you just have to be higher than the level of the week’s timewalking, so for BC for example, you’d need to be level 71 or higher to queue

2 Likes

Amazing news! Thank you kindly, gnome!

Who said anything about Mythic raid gear lol?

At the very least it should as Past chests that were similar did. Scale to you.

In the past the chests scaled based off your highest FC of the raid. Normal was minium and if you had 12 Herioc kills it would be a Herioc cache.

BTW to these comments of its easy, its quick. You are smoking… i helped my buddy who just came back do it, it took 2 hours to do 2 of them…

Ya my 468 ilvl toon with herioc clears its not worth my time. ALOT of people feel like that surely which helps explain the 30 min Qs.

I’m not going to spend 5 hours of my time to get a 445 piece of gear. Thats just silly. Also far from “gear like candy” to give loot that is scaled to you, it’s a serious time sink the rewards should be valid for the majority of people.

If it was a 460 piece, that would be semi valid for most. It could get an upgrade proc that would make it a good side grade to a 470 on or something.

I think that time-walking is great for leveling, especially in the 110-120 bracket. I agree that 445 gear from 5 Time-walking dungeons (probably ~2 hours or more if you’re quing as DPS) feels unrewarding, especially since you can get 445 gear from emissaries, which only take about 15 minutes each (or less, if you can get WQs that count for two emissaries).

1 Like

I just do one for the 500 timewarped badges, and stop. No reason to do more. Reward is garbage, and it is frankly a bit tedious.

If there was a better reward, I’d probably do it though.

1 Like

Can we… stop pretending Heroic Raid Loot should be some kind of baseline? Even Normal, really.

BfA has already infringed on Heroic Raiding’s relevance enough between Warfront Quest loot, Mythic 0 Quest loot, World Boss Loot earlier in the expansion, Benthic Gear in patch 8.2, and Mythic+ being 100x more efficient in general.

If anything, World Quest loot should match Heroic Dungeons. Emissary Quest loot and the Timewalking Quest should match Mythic 0 / LFR. The Mythic 0 Quest and Heroic Warfront Quest should match Normal Raid. Bring World Bosses back up to Heroic Raid level. Never design world content like Benthic Gear again – it was far too rewarding for zero difficulty. If it exists, it should be the replacement for Emissary Quests, not an addition. Then do something about Mythic+. A lockout won’t work with how its designed, but it needs -something- to reduce the insane gearing rate it offers compared to any other form of content. Its ilvl of reward is fine. It’s the endless rewards that aren’t.

Maybe something like… Each TIMED M+ run adds a piece of loot to the weekly chest (at the level completed - and it’s not 10 ilvl higher). Max of 3 pieces. Higher timed runs will replace the lower runs in the chest, so you can work toward improving the chest throughout the week. Untimed runs that are still completed have an RNG chance of contributing to the weekly chest, but you can’t rely on it.

The 3 pieces are still random. Not this “let’s make M+ even more efficient by letting you choose a specific item from a bundle of 3” garbage they’re doing. At best, ensure the 3 aren’t duplicates. (side note: make dual wield weapons drop as a pair - 2H have a gearing advantage and its dumb)

“base” drops from M+ are now considerably weaker. They still scale, but at about half the rate they do now. More keystone levels at the same ilvl. Realistically, progression beyond a certain point will be the Weekly Chest, which will be more in line with other forms of content. Weekly Chest rewards scale as they do now, minus the +10 ilvl thing.

1 Like

First of all you are putting WAY too much credit into Herioc raid loot.

Herioc raids now, are regular raids of old. Of which there was always a crafted piece or 3 that could be sold, BOE Drops, and how about remebr the Valor system anyone?

This whole “I raid, and thus should be superior” mentality is old. Doing a 15 key, is much harder than doing a herioc boss, and is alot harder to carry bad players through.

Your argument isn’t even harder content = better rewards. Its raid or die stupidity that if you didnt get the memo, people don’t like and never have. The hardest aspect of raiding isn’t even a game mechanic, it’s the social constructs. M+ 15+ is much tighter tuning than Herioc, and akin closer to Mythic the difference is less morons to mess up simple mechanics.

1 Like