Time to admit it.... War Mode is a failure

Dishonor used to be a thing but people abused it then they removed a real reason to have Dishonor when they removed the pvp rank system.

Heā€™s probably a hardcore RPerā€¦ very minimal achievements, hates PVP and a character name that tries to mimic a real one. Not a bad thing, but as you stated earlierā€¦ he has no idea what heā€™s talking about but continues to push his opinion.

2 Likes

An empty PvP server doesnā€™t help either.

1 Like

and how do you know itā€™d be empty? Iā€™m sure PVPers would flock to that kinda thingā€¦

you can tell the difference between the kiddies and REAL pvpers in this game.
Ill be checking my mail in orgrimmar and one or two alliance players will drop in and start murdering NPCs then get fired up by players and sometimes its a spectacular fight to watch.
THAT is REAL pvp players. They arent afraid to lose. Theyre in it FOR the fight. Not just to get a pathetic ego boost from getting a ā€˜killā€™ they didnt deserve because their level / ilvl did ALL of the work for them lol

1 Like

iā€™d love to see mandatory War mode in some areas maybe that are highly populated but players who dont really want to get ganked can enlist a guard to come with them that trucks players that attack them and makes it really hard for them to die so ppl trying ot gank would have ot get more creative if they want to farm pve players or w/e, the guard could even get more powerful everytime you die to a player. that way the pve player could even start having fun watching a bunch of players die trying to kill them and start to enjoy pvp and then maybe start to engage in it without a guard and grow the community

2 Likes

Your logic: ā€œIf you world pvp youā€™re a kiddie, but if youā€™re in a fair fight, man youā€™re one of the good ones cause thatā€™s how world pvp should be, fair, always.ā€

I wish I was this out there.

1 Like

I did my time with PvP on Sargeras. Nothing like getting ganked from level 15 in Ashenvale to Legion.

It was always an unbalanced experience. Especially on the underdog side. It was at first very anxiety inducing until I got better at the game.

Mostly because the prevailing attitude was red is dead. Trying to do quests and always being attacked by others first. I didnā€™t start the war. Alliance were the aggressors.

I do miss the cat and mouse. There were no fair fights. Camping GYs.

:ocean: :crab: :ocean: :crab:

1 Like

Im defiintely not opposed to the idea that Id be kicked into warmode inside orgrimmar or SW.
when the fight has started a couple times Ive turned pvp on to join in the fight.
I love pvp. Always have. Ive played so many BGs on my main account I lost count. Got a LOT of the older pvp sets I bought with marks on that account. Mostly rogue and warrior sets.

But world ā€˜pvpā€™ isnt PVP in this game.
Its a juvenile time wasting gank fest by those who are too afraid of losing that they cant pvp against an EQUAL opponent because they KNOW theyd lose every time.

1 Like

LOLā€¦i told you bothā€¦youre on my ignore listā€¦you choose if you feel the compulsion to keep yapping at me knowing Im not reading your posts and cant see them at all. lol

So when you canā€™t counter an argument, you throw them on ignore? Yikes.

At least you know your place. :wink:

1 Like

yeah thats true, i think that the massive ilvl gaps and other philosophical directions in design have skewed power in a way that makes world pvp less fair and more extremely one sided

1 Like

Absolutely. Inevitably though it would become too tiring at least in my experience. After a solid thirty min to a hour of it I would end up running away even if winning for it became a slog.

1 Like

For those reasons:

• Low player numbers, with only about 20% interested in PvP (according to a survey some time ago)
  • The need for a reroll or server transfer (I wouldnā€™t do that, for example)
  • If you canā€™t find anyone in the cross-realm war mode right now, why should that be different on a PvP server?
  • Friends / guilds on the original realms, with whom you probably canā€™t play outside of instances

Iā€™d like to quote myself.

A much better solution imo.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not enoughā€¦ there needs to be a multi-day cooldown on warmode.

If youā€™re gonna PVP, then you should stay in warmode for a time and not just be able to switch back and forth.

and if we had PVP servers theyā€™d be fine and have plenty of players on them.

Exactly.
If I can turn it off when I just want to quest without being bothered by bored kiddies, then Im good.
If not, if its a pvp server where its always on, knowing what I know about some in this community now today, Id NEVER roll on a pvp server at allā€¦and never be able to do it at all.

With warmode I can turn it on WHEN Im in the mood to pvpā€¦just like I can join a BG WHEN im in the mood to do so.

What the whining sorts want here is to REMOVE that CHOICE so they can have their UNWILLING gank fodder back again.
Too scared, clearly, to go do rated pvp or duels knowing theyā€™d LOSE every time and cant cope with that humiliation, it would seem.

1 Like

If it killed world pvp, then it wasnā€™t really booming.

3 Likes

let it scale and see how fast it would stop lol
I mean, let the lowbie scale up to the attacker similar to how dungeons work, make them equal in power so the attacker has a fight on their handsā€¦GUARANTEED 99% of their ganking attempts would end today and theyd be in here tossing fits then about how ā€˜unfairā€™ the change is lmao

1 Like

hey adminsā€¦we know you have the settings to remove that ā€˜hidden postā€™ thing in here as youve done it in various other threads.
How about making that a permanent feature for the forum?
Right now it feels like being trolled by the forum software itself by NOT hiding ignored posts entirelyā€¦
IF weā€™ve ignored someoneā€¦stop trolling us by showing us theyre hounding our posts lol

Iā€™m actually trying to understand why you want that. Back in BFA, there were people who disliked PvP but played it anyway because of the bonus rewards. If you attacked them, they did not fight back. Thatā€™s incredibly boring. What do you gain from that? I only see a loss of enjoyment for the other player.

Assume Iā€™m a decision maker at Blizzard. How would you convince me that this is true? (despite the points I mentioned)

2 Likes