Time to admit it.... War Mode is a failure

perfectly stated.
Ive always loved PVP since the 90s when they came out and really took hold online.
Then I played WoW ‘pvp’ and yeah…its an abject joke entirely, but made much worse in world ‘pvp’ that isnt pvp at all.

pvp is player versus player.
What we have in this game is ILVL versus ILVL, lol.

Exactly.
IF the old system was working and thriving then NO CHANGES were necessary.

You’re such a victim it’s almost sad. Somebody with barely any pvp experience weighing in on war mode and you have the nerve to run away and block people lol. Block whoever you want, idc. Doesn’t change the fact. You’re just butt hurt over someone ganking you in pvp and that is literally your whole argument.

“Someone ganked me in world pvp so world pvp is bad.”

1 Like

alrighty…time to start using some flags today, i suppose.

One step forward, two steps back .

Playing in the off hours. Avoiding the newest content. So many graveyard runs.

Watching bored max levels camp known leveling hot spots. Attacking the NPCs. Sabotaging flight paths.

:ocean: :crab: :ocean: :crab:

I’m allowed to reply to your posts, friend. Doesn’t mean you need to read them LOL. My lord the entitlement.

1 Like

World pvp the problem never really was ilvl, world pvp (at least when I was AP farming in BFA) the problem was uneven numbers. It almost never felt like the 2 factions had close to numerical balance around the point of interest, one always had substantially more than the other. (not a lot of 5v5s, 3v3s, or even 11v10s, instead it was 8v2, 20v5, or 4v1s)

ilvl doesn’t really matter when you’re out-numbered 4:1.

1 Like

That’s what I enjoy about random world pvp. It can happen at any time with any amount of numbers, but whats nice about it is it usually brings the other world pvpers out, and hence a battle undergoes.

I love the randomness of it, even if some battles are uneven at times.

1 Like

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up:
Exactly.
And we can see that ‘toxicity’ in their posts in here, lol.
It follows them everywhere they go, evidently.

this is exactly why I don’t turn War mode on. I have to AFK for a minute, and you come back dead. Or you are leveling and trying to get extra EXP and the PvP king camps you for an hour so you can’t quest.

3 Likes

The problem for me was how you’d almost never find a battle that was close to being even. You were either spawn camping, or getting spawn camped, and basically nowhere in the middle.

2 Likes

It’s an extreme for sure at times. Never know what you’re going to get!

Yeah, most of the time running away or duking it out gave it a time limit. The really annoying b words were a logoff lol.

1 Like

It worked realy well in bfa.
After bfa they just shave all the “events” and now nobody gives a :poop:
Elites, assasins, dailies, air drops, world quests, weekly quests…etc etc.

Lol, it was in a sad state before warmode…

No the lopsided servers killed world pvp
Way before warmode was a thing

Were you living under a rock before war mode was implemented… And the excessive whining of I don’t want to be on a PvP server anymore because My friends just rolled on rolled on it. I can’t transfer all my characters…ETC

By all means stay there

3 Likes

PvP servers would be dead all the same.

Open World PvP in WoW is based on unfairly jumping on someone. It will never thrive, as most PvP players like some semblance of balance in their endeavors.

The Open World also has no PvP centric zone anymore, and that does not help it any.

The PvP quests are nice, but the rewards from open world PvP are worse than conquest, no one will bother.

For open world PvP to work, the rewards should be much better than 10% more gold, and it should have zones dedicated for it, since most people out in the world are there for their PvE quests, and PvP becomes a disruption instead of an activity.

Alternatively, make War Mode an actual War Mode. PvP based entirely.
All quests become PvP-based: disrupt the enemy base, kill key NPCs etc.
Disable PvE gathering, make enemy NPCs tough etc.

The current design is catered to make the faction with more numbers just sweep over the few masochistic members of the other faction who dare use WM on.

3 Likes

Obviously, the OP is trolling here.

WoW is NOT a PVP game. It never has been and NEVER will be. Anyone with a brain cell knows WoW PvP was shoehorned in to retain the lolerganking player base after the games initial release. You are only here complaining because you can’t stealth gank people who are farming anymore. So… here’s your solution… If you don’t like the system or what it has become then QUIT THE GAME. Nobody is making you play and there are far better games to stroke your pvp epeen on.

Now go touch grass.

3 Likes

It pretty much IS, and it has one of the best PvP content around: Battlegrounds.
The combat gameplay of WoW flows really well too.
Open World PvP is the iffy implementation, since they do almost nothing to prop it up to be something that amounts to more than ganking.

This is why Blizzard should balance the warmode shards.

Warmode is a great idea, but the implementation allows for a shard to be heavily dominated by one faction or the other. Clearly people want a somewhat balanced experience, and Blizzard needs to do work to achieve that.

So when not forced too… people wont participate in World PVP?

Seems World PVP is the failure here… not the option to opt out of it.

But im sure the 7 people who enjoy WPVP will argue otherwise

4 Likes

Very well said. You can tell this isn’t a true PVP game because I level and all that is what literally wins this world PVP thing it has nothing to do with player skill

True PVP is player versus player not ilevel versus ilevel