Time to admit it.... War Mode is a failure

Has this ever been a debate? The only reason I’m even playing WoW again is because of classic and world PvP is back. Without that, I’d be gone again.

If I understand you correctly, war-mode is a failure because not enough people turn it on to engage in pvp. How is that the vocal minority?

3 Likes

Okay. Doesn’t at all mean war mode failed, it very much didn’t, but enjoy classic. :+1:

1 Like

Honestly it wasnt war node that killed pvp it was the “merging” of the horde and alliance… as in bc (hala) and wotlk (wintergrasp) among other things you still had a hard set sense of unity with your faction!! Now the lines are so blurred andthey are always working togeter for what seems like EVERYTHING… There is no more ppl yelling Lok’ Tar Ogar!!

2 Likes

I spent most/all of BFA in Warmode. It was pretty lonely for me, as most of my guildies and friends didn’t enjoy pvp, and I was constantly phased from groups I’d join. I’ve hated Warmode since its inception. Just bring back flagging up to engage in PvP. I used to love world pvp. Now because I’m not in warmode and have not been since BFA, it’s essentially non existent.

Speaking for yourself.

The fact that not many are in warmode speaks for itself.

1 Like

basically you want to fly around ganking players ruining their experience because you can’t do arenas/bgs to earn your honor… got it, thanks for just pointing it out in lots of words your just a troll

2 Likes

Exactly.
they’ll try to pretend this war still has meaning in here, but the factions have worked together to stop a common enemy so often now that this ‘war’ feels cheap and labored and needing any excuse made to keep it going.

so you mean dont do pvp/pve realms, get rid of warmode as a feature and be able to just turn on pvp like how when we go into a pvp area and get flagged?

if so, yeah, i could live with that. Might actually be funner that way.

3 Likes

PVP should have never been in the game to start with

3 Likes

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up:

1 Like

I think it being in is fine, it shouldn’t be a concern or limit design for the game though.

This is what pve servers were for. They always should have had them, and did. If that is your opinion, you’ve had what you wanted since launch and your opinion isn’t relevant to the conversation.

If you mean zero pvp, equally bad. Some people want to, and it is as foolish for you to say they shouldn’t as it is for others to say you must.

3 Likes

But how much of this is war mode versus sharding and/or players who wanted to PVP being too spread out across the servers? Was world PVP really in that great of shape on PVP servers in MoP and WoD?

I get the frustration, and definitely wish there were a way for players who want world PVP to have that. But it is really hard to assess in these threads how much of the issues people have with war mode actually were caused by war mode versus sharding and/or general lack of interest in world PVP. Conceptually, if a healthy amount of players wanted the PVP server experience, why wouldn’t more players have war mode on all the time?

This hasn’t changed even with the inclusion of war mode. You can flag for PVP while not in war mode and PVP as much as you like. If other players don’t flag up with you, that’s not really a game issue.

1 Like

And you seem to be advocating for why pvp shouldn’t be a thing. “PvPers are a minority”. “Go play a different game that focuses on pvp”

I don’t understand why people are so against others having Warmode On/Off as an option. If people don’t want to participate keep it off! Thats ok! If people want to turn Warmode On, that’s ok!

So many comments in here are just people being mad about being killed in Warmode or on a PvP server back in the day.

And others are instigating calling pve players Care Bears or whatever.

Warmode to me is a great solution. You can turn it on or off as you see fit, per your preferences.

I would like to see Blizzard put some work in to balancing the Warmode On shards, so the experience is at least somewhat even most of the time.

That would spark me to turn it back on. I used to exclusively play with warmode on, but turned it off in Dragonflight because you frequently find that you can’t see people in your party at the summoning stones.

They need to fix that too. Maybe put the stones inside the dungeon.

Yeah that’s how they instigate but honestly you have to consider the source of any comment in here. If I don’t respect the source I really couldn’t care less what they have to say and it’s certainly isn’t of any consequence. The only thing it’s going to do is get them ignored LOL

If I were to choose a group to call care bear however as far as PVP is concerned it’s going to be the gankers.
They are literally too afraid to go PVP against equally powered opponents and want to instead victimize lowby characters that can’t even hit them them let alone do any damage to them, LOL
I would define that behavior as about care bearish as it gets LOL

There is war mode on pve servers, enough said.

Let me re-clarify. I am not saying PvP should not be a thing entirely. I am not saying just quit WoW entirely if you want to focus entirely on PvP. Yes, you can just simply turn WM on or off to mitigate some of the issue. But the primary argument is that WM still feels dead because 1. Lots of players just turn it off because ganking is not fun and a waste of time for pretty much everyone involved and 2. Since a lot of people have it off, what reason is there to actually have it in that case other than choice. What I am simply saying is that if you really want to have a more PvP focused experience, then WoW might not a good choice for that in it’s current state.

Now with that being said, I am all for choices. But since having that choice is actually one of the main points of the argument another solution could just simply make it so world PvP only exists in specific points in several zones much like it does in the Azure Span. Having a “red zone” where it’s a total free-for-all does seem like a better solution for world PvP to be a more prominent thing. In a nutshell, if you want PvP just stick to those zones or queue up for BGs or Arenas. WM just ends up being a near useless feature when a vast amount of people just have it off in the first place.

You still seem to be advocating against warmode, despite saying you’re for choices. Your position seems to be “it’s only a minority of players, so it should be removed and existing battlegrounds and pvp free for all zones should be sufficient”

First, battlegrounds and free for all pvp areas are a different thing than having faction based open world pvp. So Warmode is an option for people who want that.

Second, it shouldn’t matter whether or not a majority or minority of players turn Warmode on. Game features should not be removed on that basis. A minority of players play on RP servers, and I don’t think blizzard should remove them because “its only a minority that play on them”.

Again, if people aren’t interested in Warmode, that’s totally 100% ok. But there is no reason it shouldn’t exist for those that want to play that way.