Time to admit it.... War Mode is a failure

No, imbalanced Warmode shards are the problem.

yeah
Imma have to agree with the other guy.
ive been playing pvp games since they became a thing in the 90s. THIS AINT that. lol
REAL pvp games youre all equal in power and SKILL is what determines a win
that or just dumb luck here and there.
This isnt that.
This is who has higher level / ilvl
at least for world pvp
which IS the topic here with this OP.

It wouldn’t be so hard to have a Cyrodiil section for each expansion like in ESO

:ocean: :crab: :ocean: :crab:

PVP servers had the highest populations pre warmode. All the biggest Classic servers are PVP.

Make sure we flag things we disagree with too. God this forum is full of a lot of man babies.

2 Likes

Exactly. Most of us dont like having our game time endlessly stolen by bored kiddies who are too afraid to go pvp in BGS or duels or something lol but like to get their egos boosted by a fake ‘win’ in ganking lowbies that cant get a shot off lmao

2 Likes

“vocal minority” pvp has been the last popular thing in wow for a long time, ESPECIALLY world pvp

You, specifically, are the vocal minority.

1 Like

Retail isnt classic. news at 11

And as someone showed and I literally heard whining about in HERE pre WM, were totally unbalanced favoring one side or the other. lol.
So they were populated with little fight in them
lol

3 Likes

No they weren’t. There were tons of high pop PVP servers that had pretty decent balance.

I love how a bunch of PVE andies are trying to weigh in on PVP topics. Keep grinding M+ PVE Andies.

1 Like

I flag when you start calling me names personally or are trolling me.
Dont do those things and the most you’ll get is ignored.

1 Like

LMAO
who do i believe
my eyes READING tHIS FORUM then
or some one in here whining about losing their gank fodder?
i choose option A.

PvP has been dead for a long time. Warmode was a last ditch attempt to save it.

RIP PvP

Can’t wait for pvp to die further. Go play your arenas amd cry about trinkets.

I’m a local FGC champion, so I know what you mean by skill mattering, but there is no perfect balance unless it’s a 1v1 mirror match with the exact same characters and controls, and offline, to avoid latency differences.

WoW instanced PvP, once everyone is geared, is close enough as to be enjoyable.

It should be about skill, yes, which is why PvP templates were the best iteration for BGs (just another bullet point in the huge amount of reasons why Legion is the by-far best expansion).

And like I said, WM could work if it was literally a WAR MODE, with different objectives, balance boosts, or even NPC allies to help with the faction imbalance.

It should definitely be templated, or at least correctly scaled (but I have 0 hopes on Blizzard nailing scaling correctly), so gear wouldn’t factor in.

However, considering how Blizzard has been currently working like a factory production line instead of an artisan’s craft, I have no expectations for World PvP to ever materialize into something enjoyable.

They have decided to experiment with events (Remix, Pstorm) instead of in-game.

2 Likes

FACT
IF you all loved pvp so much as youre whining about in here you have pvp options in game RIGHT NOW that you COULD partake in.

But your only complaining about world ‘pvp’ ganking for some reason
losing your gank victims.
I think that tells us all we need to know about your game play style lol

2 Likes

Well, most of the forum regulars here are just utterly obnoxious, so I get the frustration.

You guys love to revise the past.

I played on PVP servers since 04, and they were always the biggest servers population wise. The faction balance was always a problem for all servers, it had nothing to do with PVP.

Moonguard, PVE since day 1, is like 90% Alliance.

PVP doesn’t have anything to do with it.

I never turn Warmode off. Warmode killed my home realm of 10 plus years, Emerald Dream. Probably the best WoW server to ever exist. Killed off to make way for what?

People had options before. You could select the realm you wanted to play on. Warmode was implemented for other reasons.

1 Like

if i want pvp i will play a pvp centric game, like cod or fortnite or overwatch.

1 Like

They need to do this to all versions of the open world TBH. Even questing at max level should come with the assumption that you know the basics of how to play your class, and kill you at times if you don’t.

1 Like

PVP has been a huge part of WoW since day 1.

It was only under Ion that they decided to kill it off.

Which is why we didn’t have battlegrounds at all until patch 1.5, or PvP gearing until patch 1.4

2 Likes

Obviously some technical issues can factor in. Ive had connection problems that Im certain caused me a death or two at times. I just cope with it and move along.

absolutely agree that its good enough to enjoy. I lost count how many BGs Ive run. I never had any complaints overall except PLAYERS on my own team whimpering and screaming about it when we were losing lol
kiddies
they just hate losing and have to lash out like kiddies. lol.

ive only heard about the templates, but they sound like they likely made it a lot more ‘fair’, which IM guessing is why some hated that lol.

Id absolutely be all for changes that made it better and worth it.
But as it is all I would get if I leveled a new character is bothered by some juvenile with too much time on his hands.
I play the game to enjoy my time, not be annoyed by some bored 13 year old with nothing else to do who just happens to be 70 levels higher than I am lol

2 Likes