Time for full quel'dorei/high elf customization on Void Elves

This but I’d add Kul Tiran and Mechagnomes to that so that every race finally has some new stuff since all four of them have been overlooked since they were added.

Facts, I’m still in the camp of if people want our customizations they should have to play our race, I mean honestly if they really dislike their hair that much like me just pick a Blood Elf over a Void Elf we have the better customizations, storylines, lore, racial sets, mounts, etc. anyway.

1 Like

I don’t think any non-blue/purple Void customization needs to be a ripoff of blood elves. There’s always going to be aesthetic crossover there and a lot of that boils down to both races critically lacking customization to set them apart in culturally unique and interesting ways. Blood elf customization would be overly sparse even without Void elves, you know? I mean, how did they not give men actual beards or let us use Rommath’s tattoos?

It’s like all that actually sets them apart right now is skin tone and hair color, minus a few bits of jewelry. They could do so much better for both races.

4 Likes

In other words, if Blizzard added all Gnome faces and skin tones to Mechagnomes, you would be satisfied? Fair enough.

Again, this is not the point of the discussion. The problem is that there are no actual High Elves in the Horde. You play High Elf turned Blood Elf, hence the color red. As long as you cannot wear Quel’dorei-themed tabards and mounts, you’re not a High Elf.

2 Likes

That’s easily answered, the Void Elfers/High Elfers wanted wannabe Blood Elves so they got most of our stuff so they can pretend to be us, it’s hard for our race to get anything because anything new we get they want or ask for look at Dark Ranger stuff or the fact we are gonna get the four new hair colors in upcoming patch and how it’s somehow not fair to them.

I don’t blame Blizzard for being careful what to add to us because you will always have those types of people that will think somehow they are entitled to it as well without actually playing our race.

2 Likes

These just don’t seem like meaningful customizations to begin with. Like, if Void Elves didn’t exist, would a few new hair colors and a Dark Ranger texture be all that big a deal? The Dark Rangers aren’t even blood elves as such.

Honestly, I think people just scapegoat VElf players a bit.

2 Likes

I believe if Void Elves never existed Blood Elves would be in a much better place customization wise because everything new we got would actually be new and not shared with them, the whole void customization section could of actually of been expanded upon instead of ignored because Blood Elf players wouldn’t of been asking for customizations we already have and then anything and everything else new added to us like I said about the four hair colors coming up would still be new so yes I feel we would be in a much better place because it would actually be ours.

It’s why I’m a major supporter of them dipping way into the void aspects for Void Elves and the light, fel, san’layn, etc. ones for us it would separate us majorly, also add fun stuff like farstrider/runic tattoos to Blood Elves and void ones to Void Elves and it will further separate us, the less we share the better.

3 Likes

well the argument could be made that helfers took their skin and haircolors from humans and alliance high elves, like alleria and veressa and the silver covenant npcs. but honestly, why couldnt they have just made playable half elves and skip all this controversy

2 Likes

There are no Alliance High Elves, that’s one of the issues people like you have because you are an anti Blood Elfer and dislike that we got the race and you didn’t.

1 Like

Then you have changed the point to better suit your own narrative. That was the point of my initial post.

This is just a inaccurate statement. If we use your arbitrary requirement to what a high elf is, then the fact that the capital is still called Quel’Thalas and not “Sin’Thalas” is all that is needed to say high elves are on the Horde.

But I guess we are at an impasse here.
And frankly at this point I could not really care less if you or who you claim to represent thinks otherwise.

2 Likes

Lol, the fact our entire lore is that we are the High Elves makes me laugh at people like that because legit even Blizzard has it written everywhere that the Blood Elves are the High Elves which is why they got the crack squad of Void Elves, you’d think these so called fans of High Elves would actually know the High Elven lore.

3 Likes

i’m not anti blood elf, i just prefer alliance. alliance high elves gave me quests in terrokar at allerian stronghold and i know they are alliance cause if horde tries to go there, they shoot at them . and in argent tournament. and in isle of thunder.

2 Likes

I guess I just don’t get this mindset. They’d be in a better place customization wise not because they have more customizations, but because they aren’t sharing things like color palette with another race?
That’s not really more or better customization, it’s just unique. It doesn’t actually improve the player experience, it just exists in a vacuum.

Don’t get me wrong, I want more Void customization - I’ve said it a few times already here, but I want to tie the non-corrupted customization into the racial, so the difference when it triggers is much more dramatic, with the option to toggle between states on the fly.

We get high elves with non-corrupted skin tones and hair colors, blue rune tattoos, whatever, but they’re distinguished by the Void qualities that are built into the race. You could even make it activate automatically in combat, like with Worgen.

Blood elves could get red tattoos, more ornamental hair styles to distinguish them as a more well-off society, maybe magical effects or auras like Kael’thas’ orbs.

I don’t know. It just seems like unnecessary beef over “who gets to play with the 2010 tier depth of customization” and not “how can we creatively make these races culturally distinct from one another while still being aesthetically pleasing and fun to customize?”

I’m not mad that Lightforged get longer tails, I’m mad that they get things like horn prosthetics and tattoos and frankly much better hairstyles. I don’t want LF players to be deprived of options, I want more options for me.

3 Likes

Yeah NPC’s that you can’t play, actually that you still can’t play because when you put on the fake normal skintones or hair colors you are still a Void Elf, you still glow blue, bleed blue, sound weird and have bad hair last time I checked on the actual High Elf race I don’t do that.

1 Like

Blood elves are 100% high elves.
Void elves are 100% high elves.

Both factions have fully playable high elves.

Its crazy to me that anyone could actually argue otherwise. Theyre all the same people! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

That’s a fair point but has nothing to do with the fact, that they changed their stance and colorization to “red”. You play a political changed High Elf and that’s something you need to accept at this point.

We are not. You can have your “pure High Elves” when Blood Elves are able to change faction to Alliance, otherwise they are the only ones who have actual playable High Elves at the moment.

2 Likes

I feel most Allied Races could of just been customizations for other races outside of like Nightborne and Vulpera and Nightborne could of been if they didn’t tweak the model so it would just leave Vulpera it’s why when people push to have them rolled into the main races I support it because we’d gain new customizations on all of the core races and stuff like Void Elves would come back under the Blood Elf banner.

3 Likes

they were doing skeleton swaps. sometimes it was on same faction. sometimes it wasnt.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind combining customizations between LF and Draenei, but I like the story and aesthetic behind VElves and I’d like for them to become more distinct from blood elves while remaining in the Alliance.

I don’t mind AR in terms of opening up subfactions within races and giving them new starting areas and heritage sets, but I get where you’re coming from.

3 Likes

I differ there, I’d prefer them to roll Void Elves back into Blood Elves and Void Elves to cease to exist outside of them being customizations for Blood Elves to represent the void aspect we could have like the light aspect, fel aspect, vampire aspect, arcane aspect, etc. I mean legit as the High Elven race we can off shoot almost any customization so I support rolling almost all of the Allied Races back into parent races as customizations simply because we would gain them back and as an actual Blood Elf/High Elf fan I support that.