TIL I can never get Slime Cat Mount

Purple slim kitty when?

2 Likes

Can I just say ALL the other poll mounts are in the game?!?!?!? The tree, the book, the slime cat and NO CATERPILLAR!??!?

1 Like

The main 2 issues with it is the bugged riding position that makes it look like your pelvis has been split in two and that for some weird reason, it’s only 2/3rds the size of a regular panther mount, so any race larger than a belf looks stupid on it.

1 Like

it’s working exactly as intended: trolling players.
Should look up the history on the character mounted animation for specifically that mount. Blizz truly want to troll you.

i bet itll be on the trading post in the future.

1 Like

what does this mount look like

gglesworth-sr

Delete the space, the forums tag the name as inappropriate.

Or, nevermind

plot twist: 5 million tendies required to buy that mount on Trader Post. Time to borrow daddy’s credit card and buy extra trader tenders off Blizzard store.

1 Like

Just to be completely clear, the slime cat is 100% a perfect example of FOMO.
It was a raiding meta-achievement mount added at the end of an expansion, when raiding participation was winding down, with explicit intent of being removed when the expansion was over. In order to incentivize people doing the raids over again, that they’d already done, Blizzard added this mount. That was Blizzard utilizing the fear of missing out.

Oh dang, you were so close. Just a couple more words and you would see that I did not, in fact, misuse “FOMO.”

See that little second half of my statement? The part where I said “AND removing content”

Reading is hard. I understand. :wink:

FOMO is real. Imagine the transmog you wear on your character has been removed from you because you play a human and it was only given to players, who maxed out a LV70 Orc, so it can be transmogged account-wide.

You would have missed out, because you haven’t done the right thing at the right time.

4 Likes

No, because FOMO refers to the sociological impact others have on you - implying “You are going to miss out on something if you don’t participate” is not enough for something to become FOMO
It is the pressure of it on someone that makes it FOMO - let me explain:

If there’s a sale for a piece of clothing, regardless of the situation at hand, if you walk past the store and you see the sale and you want to buy it; that’s up to you, that is where self-control is required
But if you walk past a store, sees a sale, and you start telling yourself “I will regret it if I don’t buy it” - that’s self-inflicted FOMO, and yes it is a real thing
If someone you are walking with when going past the store tells you upon seeing the sale that “I know you don’t have enough money for rent this month, but we’ll really regret it if we don’t buy it” that’s also FOMO

FOMO is social pressure, not a lack of self-control

Yah’, and I did also say:

Because this has nothing to do with FOMO - you are conflating these two to mean the same thing essentially, when they have nothing to do with each other

You can literally cause FOMO from stuff that is always available:
“I don’t have enough X for myself but if I don’t spend X on Y I will regret it” - you can do this with vacations, going out to eat at cafes, games, literally anything can be FOMO and it has no intrinsic requirement of exclusivity to it
Ya’ll just keep thinking it does because you read “Fear of missing out” and conflates that with “Lack of self control”

At least ya’ll who do this out of ignorance rather than malice

If reading is this difficult for you then maybe you won’t get what I just wrote, but here’s to hoping

Yes, but not the way that it gets used on these forums

And no, this isn’t FOMO either - this is called jealousy

1 Like

I don’t get paid to surf these forums around the clock.

Plus what more is there to discuss? You’ve just doubled down on nothing.

I mean…these things are artificially being controlled by companies who’re deliberately creating a scarcity to generate revenue.

In the case of the slime cat, it was a window to drive up participation numbers.

But the fated raids were fun tho…

Probably didn’t appeal to the majority to make as a standard going forwards shrug.

It’s not.

You mean the situation that already happens with the elite mogs I have from pvp that differ from alliance and horde?

That’s not Fomo

Incorrect. I have it unlocked. It just wouldn’t be applicable to the current race in playing. No different than heritage armor.

Fomo doesn’t exist. If you are literally in fear of not having an item in a game you should seek some help because that is not normal.

Fomo is an excuse used by people that didn’t get the items before they were removed.

Nah you just disappeared from a conversation that proves my points on multiple levels.

There’s nothing to discuss because you either can’t understand or ignore them.

That just about sums up your end goal.

You don’t want any discussions. Just players who only agree with you and you alone.

1 Like

Fomo is a bit… annoying

Hell, i missed out on the undercity bat mount by a few days, moatly due to me thinking “i dont need to preprder, im still injoying doing stuff here”. I cry abit every time i see somone with said mount

On the flip side, it may come back. We had stuff in the monthly vault…thing that we thoigjt we would never get again

Incorrect again. I am open to discussions with people that actually play the game. You don’t add any value to any discussion because you honestly don’t know anything you’re talking about.